Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Petrol vs Diesel Feasibility Calculator

Had petrol in the past and switched to swift diesel, cost difference might not be much for my usage, but peace of mind of not having to worry every time I put my foot down is priceless! For someone who doesn't have steady monthly income(budding entrepreneurs) price difference makes a huge difference while filling the tank, to be frank I could see myself choosing diesel over petrol as I look even few segments above, reason? real-time fuel efficiency difference is huge!(1.8 petrol vs 2.0 diesels).
Old 3rd August 2018, 17:20   #47
BHPian

This is really an informative post as cleared a lot of confusion in my head. By using the calculator i can see my head turning towards a petrol which i never thought of.
Thank You for this post
Old 4th August 2018, 13:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivrajG View Post
This is really an informative post as cleared a lot of confusion in my head. By using the calculator i can see my head turning towards a petrol which i never thought of.
This calculator is indeed an excellent tool however it doesn't account for one key factor. The fun of driving a diesel, the torque punch.

So, if you are looking for fun, do try your hands at diesel, atleast test drive.

I had driven a petrol car for years and was really happy with its performance. But half a year back I switched to a diesel horse and fun factor is multiplied.

Now, I am cursing the powers to be, for sounding death knell for the diesels. But then I am praying for the bigger turbo petrols.
AutoNoob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2018, 08:58   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
This calculator is indeed an excellent tool however it doesn't account for one key factor. The fun of driving a diesel, the torque punch.
Agreed! Both of my cars have been Diesel and didnt think twice before buying However I also long for refined and silent drives maybe that is why I loved Honda (Dolphin) city. For the power/fun requirements I have the Monster (Read XUV-500).

Last edited by ampere : 6th August 2018 at 10:00. Reason: Compacted quoted post
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks