Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 22:06   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000

I don't understand why companies don't under-price at launch. Even if the company is losing money in the launch phase, it makes so much sense to do so!

1) Initial impressions are much better since the car is great VFM and therefore it becomes a hit. In fact, customers who research the car later usually come across reviews made with the initial price - the tone of these reviews can make or break sales, years down the road!

2) Building momentum is key for any new launch. Hike the price later and yet you keep the sales momentum. Especially if your car becomes the established segment leader - it then becomes the default choice.

3) Your initial customers are happy. They are the ones who face the initial batch niggles but they get the I-got-the-car-before-the-price-hike feel good factor to make up for that.

Nobody will criticize a company for raising prices - but dropping them certainly leaves a sour taste in the initial customers' mouths.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 18:55   #92
BHPian

Uploading the city-wise revised price list of the Aspire. Here in Kolkata, 1.2 Petrol Titanium MT is Rs 2000 cheaper than the Baleno Petrol Delta MT now
Aspire Revised Price List.pdf
Debajyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 20:07   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Uploading the city-wise revised price list of the Aspire. Here in Kolkata, 1.2 Petrol Titanium MT is Rs 2000 cheaper than the Baleno Petrol Delta MT now
Attachment 1541323

Looks like the attachment failed. Can you attach again please?
Old 13th August 2016, 21:15   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Looks like the attachment failed. Can you attach again please?
Attachment is working fine for me, checked from pc and mobile browsers. Are you using the Team-BHP app? Then try again with a browser. Anyway the file is again attached here Aspire Revised Price List.pdf and also in jpg format

Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-aspire-revised-price-list-page-1.jpg
Ford India cuts Aspire, Figo prices by up to INR 91,000-aspire-revised-price-list-page-2.jpg
Debajyoti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2016, 22:11   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debajyoti View Post
Anyway the file is again attached here

Yes, I'm using the iOS app. Now I can see the attachment. Thanks
Old 15th August 2016, 00:29   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketan T View Post
Thanks for the info, auto_enthusiast. The Ford dealer has given the Logistic charges in writing. I will speak with salesperson tomorrow and ask him about the Logistic charges.

No discounts are on offer. The salesperson told me that the company has already reduced the price by 91k so no discounts.
Don't pay a single paisa as logistics. It's completely illegal.

There are always discounts, except when there is a high demand and waiting period. While the new price might convert some buyers, the typical Maruti buyer will likely conclude that the discounts will be compensated by cheaper service and better resale value.

Go ahead and ask for discounts, especially towards the month end. I am being offered free extended warranty as corporate offer, worth 7k, as well as accessories for 10k or microwave oven or washing machine as festival offer, for the Figo Aspire Titanium Diesel. Another dealer is offering LED TV as festival offer.

Last edited by vivekgk : 15th August 2016 at 00:31.
Old 20th August 2016, 23:01   #97
Senior - BHPian

Ford finance has increased the interest rate from 6.x% to 9% after the price cut.
That is still a good rate when compared to private banks.
tharian is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th August 2016, 23:20   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaghuVis View Post
Wahahao!

Mouth watering prices now!

Ford it seems has taken the easiest way out to increase their sales. 91K is a real big number. Not sure how customers who bought it a week back are going to feel. Considering the numbers are dismal not many will be hurt I guess!
Hahaha, I am also thinking the same thing. Is it a good news or is it a disappointing news for those who bought the car a week or more earlier? They might ask for some refund to Ford. Price reduction should be good news for future buyers, but the low sales of Aspire, make me skeptical about the car itself.
Old 21st August 2016, 10:58   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourav.info111 View Post
Hahaha, I am also thinking the same thing. Is it a good news or is it a disappointing news for those who bought the car a week or more earlier? They might ask for some refund to Ford. Price reduction should be good news for future buyers, but the low sales of Aspire, make me skeptical about the car itself.
The Aspire TDCi is currently the best option in the compact sedan segment. The only areas where it does not shine are the in-cabin room (when compared to the Zest, else it is as good as anything else here), ICE (the Zest decimates everything else), and perhaps, looks (subjective, I think the Zest is the most modern and best looking of the lot). It's engine is just about perfect, and the body control is the best of them all.

I was really tempted to go for the Titanium variant after the price cut, but my family was not too impressed by the idea of yet another compact sedan after our Indigo. We're looking at CUVs now, and the Ecosport is the prime candidate.

Regarding the pricing, I feel that it is only to bring down the sticker price to boost sales and improve market perception of the product. The fact is that there are heavy discounts on all of the compact sedans at the moment and the price you pay is quite similar.

The Zest comes with a 35K cash discount, and either a 25K exchange bonus or a 10K welcome bonus. That brings down the price of the XT Diesel variant from 9.17 lacs OTR to 8.57 lacs OTR, which is 50K less than the 9.07 lacs for the Aspire TDCi Titanium+.

The Amaze comes with exchage bonus of 10K and free insurance + corporate discounts, which also brings down the price to similar range as the others.

The Dzire diesel has a 30K exchange bonus officially, and several other discounts which vary across regions.

So, the price cut has just done away with the discounts and has brought the price on par with the others. The added advantage is that the lower sticker price which is promoted by the heavy ad campaigns will generate a lot more inquiries. There's also the advantage of reduced taxes and insurance, which will result in more gains in the following years.
vivekgk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2016, 12:18   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
So, the price cut has just done away with the discounts and has brought the price on par with the others. The added advantage is that the lower sticker price which is promoted by the heavy ad campaigns will generate a lot more inquiries. There's also the advantage of reduced taxes and insurance, which will result in more gains in the following years.

Agreed Vivek, any price cut, is always a welcome step for future buyers. I personally like the front grill of Aspire (The Aston martin look) . So lets see of this price cut can cause the sales to go up or not.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks