Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2021, 10:06   #271
BHPian

re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Did you purchase a used car? It usually happens when a car is registered in one RTO first and later an ownership transfer happens and is recorded in another RTO.

Or, this is also a case when you move between states and re-register the vehicle.

You need to hence visit the RTO where it is actually Registered and get this checked. And yours is not unique problem. When we look up for few numbers it displays this message because of these reasons.
No. I am the first owner and there is no transfer or re registration done.

I will soon be visiting the RTO for removal of hypothecation. Will check this as well.
rajesh1868 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 11:23   #272
Distinguished - BHPian

I find the Digilocker app a bit buggy.

Documents not refreshed - I can see two entries for my DL
I have more than one vehicle but can see only the first one I updated.
I dont see option to add the other vehicle.

Anybody else see this ? How to get around these ?
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 00:02   #273
BHPian

There is a blacklist status active for my bike in mparivahan app but there is no challan appearing on the Vahan site. Any idea what it can be? I am unable to trace the link where it shows reason for blacklisting. Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just removed the app and downloaded again, Blacklist status has disappeared. Looks like system error.

Last edited by ast.ggn : 14th August 2021 at 00:11.
Old 15th January 2022, 11:18   #274
Senior - BHPian

I’m able to
1. Update my car registration for a new car I purchased in Sept 2021. Says ‘Chassis number wrong’
2. Get my car licence for my other car

Does anyone have a workaround solution to this?
Old 15th January 2022, 11:30   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
But on trying RC, it says "vehicle details found in more than one office. contact registering authority for rectification".
One possible scenario when this could happen is if someone had a change of address done for the RC after moving to a different place within the same city.
Old 26th May 2022, 12:14   #276
BHPian

Short question.

Digilocker has been working fine for me and I had my RC/Insurane/DL all available.
But after recent app update (iOS), most of my docs (except Adhaar and DL) are showing as pending status. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 30th May 2022, 09:31   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RakishRam View Post
Digilocker has been working fine for me and I had my RC/Insurane/DL all available. .............
A simple question. Is Aadhaar validation a necessary precondition to upload my RC/Insurance/DL o DigiLocker?
Old 18th May 2023, 08:18   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

In the past I have been able to download RC of my cars that aren’t registered in my name but are in my fathers name. Now I’m trying to fetch a RC of a car registered in my company’s name but it says cannot retrieve as there is a name mismatch with my Aadhar.

Is there a work around to this?
Old 18th May 2023, 11:13   #279
agm
BHPian

Hi!

One strange thing happened to me few days back. I was headed towards Raipur(CG) from Nagpur(MH). In the border area before leaving state of Maharashtra I was stopped by the MH traffic cops and was asked to show them all the documents related to my vehicle as well as drivers license. I showed them everything on DigiLocker, and they were quite happy that unlike most who carry just the photocopy of the documents, I have everything on DigiLocker. Strangely, approximately 10km driving further towards Raipur, Chhattisgarh traffic cops stopped me and asked for the same. When I showed them DigiLocker they said this won’t work and I’ll have to show them original hard copy of the documents. Thankfully i was carrying all that and after showing it to them, I was allowed to go.

I would like to know why would they outrightly refuse to accept DigiLocker? Even though it is now widely accepted throughout the country? Please throw some light on this because keeping original hard copy of all these documents can be really cumbersome. Thanks
agm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 13:36   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agm View Post
When I showed them DigiLocker they said this won’t work and I’ll have to show them original hard copy of the documents. Thankfully i was carrying all that and after showing it to them, I was allowed to go.

I would like to know why would they outrightly refuse to accept DigiLocker? Even though it is now widely accepted throughout the country? Please throw some light on this because keeping original hard copy of all these documents can be really cumbersome. Thanks
They cannot refuse it. I've argued and won with a cop for the same.

The first thing written when you open the digilocker app is
Quote:
Welcome KadanaJ!
DigiLocker "Issued Documents" are at par with original documents as per IT ACT, 2000
I haven't carried any physical hard copies of my IDs for the past 4-5 years. PAN, Aadhaar, driving license, everything is in DigiLocker. A total of 1 cop tried to object for my DigiLocker RC.

I literally made the cop read the above line out loud (very politely of course). He deflated quite a bit. Followed that up with a line about Government of India being above us all, and that neither him nor I can question what rules the government makes.

Within a minute he said "haan, sahi hai" and dropped the matter.

In such a situation, make sure to be extremely polite, but stand your ground as well.

P.S. You will still have to carry physical PUC and Insurance (I keep mine in the car glovebox). Even if stored in the DigiLocker Drive, they are not issued by DigiLocker, hence are not treated as original authentic documents.
I have gotten away with showing soft copies of the above 2, but that due to the cop being in a good mood, not because I had any legal standing.
kadanaJ is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 15:10   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadanaJ View Post
P.S. You will still have to carry physical PUC and Insurance (I keep mine in the car glovebox). Even if stored in the DigiLocker Drive, they are not issued by DigiLocker, hence are not treated as original authentic documents.
Insurance in Digilocker is quite fine. Looks like this:

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 537
Size:  127.3 KB
binand is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 16:44   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
In the past I have been able to download RC of my cars that aren’t registered in my name but are in my fathers name. Now I’m trying to fetch a RC of a car registered in my company’s name but it says cannot retrieve as there is a name mismatch with my Aadhar.

Is there a work around to this?
mParivahan app allows us to add multiple RC's even if the name is not direct match.
RC also includes Insurance and PUC details, so its an easy one point reference for cop interactions as well.

Last edited by sarathlal : 18th May 2023 at 16:45.
sarathlal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 16:53   #283
Senior - BHPian

Re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
RC also includes Insurance and PUC details, so its an easy one point reference for cop interactions as well.
This works for PUCC taken in Kerala, and even for non-KL vehicles. But here in Karnataka the PUCC database is not linked to Vaahan database so there is no digital version of it.

My car still shows an expired PUCC that I had taken in 2020 in Kochi, even though I have renewed it twice since then here in Bangalore.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2023, 18:31   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
This works for PUCC taken in Kerala, and even for non-KL vehicles. But here in Karnataka the PUCC database is not linked to Vaahan database so there is no digital version of it.

My car still shows an expired PUCC that I had taken in 2020 in Kochi, even though I have renewed it twice since then here in Bangalore.
This is not an issue. You must carry the original if it is not updated online. The online thing is just a facility allowing you not to carry your documents. As of now, online documents is not become 100% full proof as all RTOs are not currently linked.

The cops will be more than happy to see a hard copy. As a safety measure, if at all you travel out of your state, then get a PUC done there at a local pump. This can help to a certain extent especially if you are going to travel there for some time.
Old 19th May 2023, 10:07   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
This is not an issue. You must carry the original if it is not updated online.
I was just saying that "RC includes PUCC" is not a given in all states; only in ones that has the emission testing database linked with the Vaahan database.

Quote:
As of now, online documents is not become 100% full proof as all RTOs are not currently linked.
Don't know how it is elsewhere; but for the last several months (years?) I do not carry any documents in my car except the PUCC. In fact earlier this year I undertook a 3-state drive without even carrying a physical driving licence (which I had submitted for renewal). Never a problem.

Quote:
As a safety measure, if at all you travel out of your state, then get a PUC done there at a local pump.
Not sure why this recommendation, given that PUCC has all-India validity.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks