Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2023, 12:16   #286
BHPian

Re: National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
In the past I have been able to download RC of my cars that aren’t registered in my name but are in my fathers name. Now I’m trying to fetch a RC of a car registered in my company’s name but it says cannot retrieve as there is a name mismatch with my Aadhar.

Is there a work around to this?
I don't think there is any workaround for this. The app allows the addition for same surname owner as Digi locker user. I have multiple RC's for vehicles registered in family member names.

One strange thing I've noticed is the RC will still be there for vehicles sold and reregistered by new owner. I don't know if its a bug or feature
Old 20th May 2023, 17:56   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Now I’m trying to fetch a RC of a car registered in my company’s name but it says cannot retrieve as there is a name mismatch with my Aadhar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atul Kolekar View Post
I don't think there is any workaround for this.
The mParivahan app allows you to digitally access documents of any vehicle, not just ones of which you are the RC owner. And it has comparable status as Digilocker, if I'm reading this document correctly:

https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan//...08-08-2018.pdf

Quote:
In light of the provisions of the Information Technology Act 2000, it is requested to consider the documents available in the 'electronic form' in the DigiLocker platform or the mParivahan mobile app as valid under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988 and be treated at par with the certificates issued by the transport authorities.
Old 26th May 2023, 18:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

I have recently bought a new bike and its registration is completed as well. But when I try to download the RC or Insurance in digilocker, I get an error message mentioning that "we cannot retrieve the vehicle or the insurance details". I tried to check the vehicle details in parivahan app as well and there too I get an error message saying unable to fetch vehicle details. I have got the copy of insurance as well as tax paid receipt though. Does it take some days for the number and the details to show up in the app?
Old 26th May 2023, 18:23   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
The mParivahan app allows you to digitally access documents of any vehicle, not just ones of which you are the RC owner. And it has comparable status as Digilocker, if I'm reading this document correctly
This is correct.

I use the mParivahan app to store RCs of all our vehicles. I am able to access RCs for vehicles that are not in my name as well. I have once been stopped by a cop for a check and he let me go after seeing the details on the mParivahan app.
Old 28th May 2023, 01:03   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
I have recently bought a new bike and its registration is completed as well. But when I try to download the RC or Insurance in digilocker, I get an error message mentioning that "we cannot retrieve the vehicle or the insurance details". I tried to check the vehicle details in parivahan app as well and there too I get an error message saying unable to fetch vehicle details. I have got the copy of insurance as well as tax paid receipt though. Does it take some days for the number and the details to show up in the app?
It is very quick and should not take this long unless the showroom guys have goofed up your phone number or spelling of your name. If these are ok then check with the showroom guys why digi locker is not able to fetch. Also check if details show up correctly in mParivahan app or website using the bike chassis/engine details. Are you able to fetch other documents (other than bike) in Digilocker? Try using your mobile data as sometimes it does not work with wifi.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th May 2023 at 01:12.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 18:26   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
This is correct.

I use the mParivahan app to store RCs of all our vehicles. I am able to access RCs for vehicles that are not in my name as well. I have once been stopped by a cop for a check and he let me go after seeing the details on the mParivahan app.
Thanks for sharing the above details. I've my virtual RC displaying correctly in mParivahan app and I plan to travel inter-state early next month covering 3-4 states on the way (KA -> AP -> OD -> WB). But I've recently lost my original RC card and I've applied for duplicate RC, which I think is gonna take some time till it gets delivered to my place. I wanted to check if I can still show my virtual RC in mParivahan app or I still need to carry my original RC or duplicate RC card?
Old 16th September 2023, 20:40   #292
BHPian

I renewed the insurance for my vehicle for one year and it is now valid till June 2024.

However, the same is captured in the mParivahan database as valid till June 2025.

Should I feel happy or be worried?
Old 16th September 2023, 21:24   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
I renewed the insurance for my vehicle for one year and it is now valid till June 2024.

However, the same is captured in the mParivahan database as valid till June 2025.

Should I feel happy or be worried?
Do you have a three year TP (third party) policy which is valid till 2025? Usually Parivahan shows only TP policy details (validity date) and not own damage policy (which you have renewed till 2024).

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th September 2023 at 21:34.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 22:39   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Do you have a three year TP (third party) policy which is valid till 2025? Usually Parivahan shows only TP policy details (validity date) and not own damage policy (which you have renewed till 2024).
Thanks. I didn't know that. Indeed TP is valid till 2025.
But, then, if OD is not captured by Parivahan, then, one has to carry the copy to prove the validity to cops in case the need arises.
Old 16th September 2023, 22:47   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capri89 View Post
Thanks. I didn't know that. Indeed TP is valid till 2025.
But, then, if OD is not captured by Parivahan, then, one has to carry the copy to prove the validity to cops in case the need arises.
Only TP insurance is mandatory legal requirement and cops verify that. As long as it shows in Digilocker, your are fine.

For any accident claim for own damage, you may want to carry a copy of OD policy with you.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th September 2023 at 22:55.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2023, 21:14   #296
BHPian

Is the Registration of Vehicles done away from DigiLocker? I am not able to see an option to get my RC (UP32XX2XX0).
Old 29th December 2023, 23:13   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Is the Registration of Vehicles done away from DigiLocker? I am not able to see an option to get my RC (UP32XX2XX0).
It should be available under category of "Transport and Infrastructure" - - > "Motor Vehicle Department".

Was it working for your before or is it the first time you are trying?

Is your mobile number updated in RC records and the name on RC matches with Aadhar? Then you should be able to view it. Try updating the app or re-login to see if it works.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 29th December 2023 at 23:24.
Old 30th December 2023, 17:43   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
It should be available under category of "Transport and Infrastructure" - - > "Motor Vehicle Department".

Was it working for your before or is it the first time you are trying?

Is your mobile number updated in RC records and the name on RC matches with Aadhar? Then you should be able to view it. Try updating the app or re-login to see if it works.
Thank you.

I tried the option of logging out and then again relogging in. I had updated my mobile phone number also in the DigiLocker with the same as in the RC of my car. Once I did that, the "registration of vehicles" appeared, but it was again unable to fetch the document. Instead, I received an email saying that the facility is temporarily discontinued due to some problems at the issuer's end and that it will be resolved soon.
Old 30th December 2023, 18:38   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thank you.

I tried the option of logging out and then again relogging in. I had updated my mobile phone number also in the DigiLocker with the same as in the RC of my car. Once I did that, the "registration of vehicles" appeared, but it was again unable to fetch the document. Instead, I received an email saying that the facility is temporarily discontinued due to some problems at the issuer's end and that it will be resolved soon.
You are right. Looks like some technical glitch. Now, it is only showing challans and DL fields in my Digilocker. Registration of vehicles field has disappeared.
Though I can still see my already fetched RC in the issued documents.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 30th December 2023 at 18:39.
Old 31st December 2023, 02:47   #300
BHPian

I asked, Digilocker's response.

National DigiLocker to carry your DL, RC and other official Govt. documents-screenshot.jpg.jpg

Mparivahan app show the details, also legal.

Last edited by mygodbole : 31st December 2023 at 02:52.
mygodbole is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks