Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2023, 07:42   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
Are you sure about that? That’s insane!!
I forgot to add the link to the thread on this forum itself, see the below. I also happen to know someone whose evoque is waiting for spares for nearly 2 months.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...e-backlog.html (UK: JLR accused of fixing customer cars with second-hand parts to clear service backlog)
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 10:02   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
Don't bother, JLR is using second hand parts for regular service, I can't imagine a worse way to ensure a terrible ownership experience. Other brands at least have expensive spares available.
That is in the UK. Imported used parts is not easy. You will have a long wait for parts. Service items excepted
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 10:09   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
That is in the UK. Imported used parts is not easy. You will have a long wait for parts. Service items excepted
So according to you should one indulge in a 2016 used xf, 68k done?
Old 2nd December 2023, 11:11   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Yes, but if the home market doesn't have enough parts to go around, what will be the situation in regions with miniscule sales? Like I said, the evoque owner I happen to know had been waiting for a month last month. Replacement parts are absolutely necessary when you're buying used, I can't imagine buying a 2016 jag to fix up with used parts or not having parts available.

My suggestion to kslives is to get the car checked out, see if spares are available and go ahead, if, getting the car on road isn't a problem.
avira_tk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2023, 00:38   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslives View Post
So according to you should one indulge in a 2016 used xf, 68k done?
It all narrows down to how the car was owned, I have been blessed to own something from all these marques sans Audi and I can tell you my XF was the most reliable apart from the BMWs with no fancy tantrums despite running a stage 2 Map and full carless exhaust, just routine maintenance and I part ways today at almost 50,000 kms and 6 years later. But that said I know of endless stories of disasterly maintained JLRs with similar kms on the odo so with any car these days it's a hit or a miss and most importantly how the previous owner maintained it. If I may ask, how much are you being quoted?
All-new Jaguar XF launched at 49.50 lakhs-adc05e9f5ad54848940681daffc5a070.jpg
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks