Team-BHP - 2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2016 Skoda Rapid Facelift : A Close Look (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/182745-2016-skoda-rapid-facelift-close-look-9.html)

This has been a marketing tactic from Skoda India since the very beginning. They quote the base starting price in the ads and mention all the features of the top of the line model. The official new price of the Rapid Style DSG TDI is Rs. 13.06 Lakh Ex-Showroom India. Its almost double of what is quoted in the ad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead (Post 4250241)
This has been a marketing tactic from Skoda India since the very beginning. They quote the base starting price in the ads and mention all the features of the top of the line model. The official new price of the Rapid Style DSG TDI is Rs. 13.06 Lakh Ex-Showroom India. Its almost double of what is quoted in the ad.

That is correct. I paid Rs15.85 L on road last month (Pune) for my Rapid DSG Style LE.

For folks in Hyderabad,

Style DSG LE is 15.64 lakh with free insurance and maintenance pack.
Style DSG 15.34 lakh with free insurance
Ambition DSG is 13.7 lakh with free insurance. All diesel variants.

The lady I spoke to says there is a DSG active also which is priced at 10.83 lakh after discount. But I dint find this variant on the official website. She also told me that its a new management at mahavir and the service has improved a lot.

I have finally bit the bullet. I was in two minds between Hyundai Verna Next Gen and Skoda Rapid. Checked out the Verna at the dealership, they didn't have Diesel Automatic available (They didn't even know when they will get the same). Hence test drove Diesel manual, the car is pretty good and has much improved road manners. But with 6-8 weeks waiting for Verna meant risking with 10% cess hike. Hence went in for Silky Blue Rapid Style LE Diesel AT.

Car is a dream to drive and detailed initial ownership report to follow soon.

There's an ad in Delhi times today stating Rapid 2018 with 4 airbags, differential lock, EBD, ESC, etc. I checked the Skoda website but no update was there. Unfortunately didnt take pic of the ad to post it.

Does anyone has info on this ( 4 air bags variant).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapilsharma80 (Post 4267155)
There's an ad in Delhi times today stating Rapid 2018 with 4 airbags, differential lock, EBD, ESC, etc. I checked the Skoda website but no update was there. Unfortunately didnt take pic of the ad to post it.

Does anyone has info on this ( 4 air bags variant).

Yes, you read it right. The new "Style MY18" variant gets 4 airbags and updated music system (Carplay and Android Auto). Features like EBD, ESP were already available in DSG automatic.

I kinda like version of the tail light which are on european Rapids.
And also the 1.2 TSI heart like Ventos.

Any info on getting these soon on Indian Roads.
I tried checking with dealers/ the skoda helpline....no use. I am waiting for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by venson (Post 4268544)
I kinda like version of the tail light which are on european Rapids.
And also the 1.2 TSI heart like Ventos.

Any info on getting these soon on Indian Roads.
I tried checking with dealers/ the skoda helpline....no use. I am waiting for them.

Hi Venson

The European tail light will not come to India. That is because Indian Rapid shares the same platform as Vento. Hence they cannot mimic the European tail.

For 1.2 TSI, it might be the works but nothing has surfaced till yet. It is not in their 2017 plan.

Hi bhpians,
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs. Long term reliability is greatest concern as want to keep it for 10 yrs. Don't want to take chance with DSG.

Is Rapid petrol ambition AT @ 11.3 lacs OTR is the best choice. Any other suggestions pls?

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaraf (Post 4322949)
Hi bhpians,
I have an chauffeur driven official MPV as daily driver. Require a car for ease of driving by wife in city and occasional highway drive by me. Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs. Long term reliability is greatest concern as want to keep it for 10 yrs. Don't want to take chance with DSG.

Is Rapid petrol ambition AT @ 11.3 lacs OTR is the best choice. Any other suggestions pls?

Asaraf - Skoda Rapid is not a bad car at all. Especially when it comes to build quality, fit and finish. So it will not be a bad option. You can also look at Hyundai Verna EX (Mid Variant) AT. Just to evaluate as second option if you have not done it already.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asaraf (Post 4322949)
Current car is EON driven 10k km in 4 yrs.

Do yourself and this country a favour, use taxi services instead. I understand the temptation, but it's simply not worth it. You will spend more on annual maintenance than actual usage. I've done 35k in 8 years on my fabia, thinking of selling it and switch to Ola.

Anyone has updates if the Edition X (Formerly Monte Carlo Edition) is being sold by Skoda Inida. The model is not part of the current lineup in the Skoda Website.

I intend to purchase the Edition X but the lack of clarity from the dealers seem to be confusing. Test drove the car and felt that it was worth the money. DSG concerns and ASS reliability is a factor though, but, i have my trusted Figo to keep me company in the event of the Skoda spending its time in the service centres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhu3112 (Post 4325198)
Anyone has updates if the Edition X (Formerly Monte Carlo Edition) is being sold by Skoda Inida. The model is not part of the current lineup in the Skoda Website.

I intend to purchase the Edition X but the lack of clarity from the dealers seem to be confusing. Test drove the car and felt that it was worth the money. DSG concerns and ASS reliability is a factor though, but, i have my trusted Figo to keep me company in the event of the Skoda spending its time in the service centres.

The Monte-Carlo edition is available. I saw it recently in the 2017-18 Hyderabad Auto Expo some 10-days ago.

This thing looks awesome in red and the all black interiors look great and add to that the sporty aluminium pedals add up to the ambiance of the car. Get this trim in the Rapid if available. It's worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varun_HexaGuy (Post 4325373)
The Monte-Carlo edition is available. I saw it recently in the 2017-18 Hyderabad Auto Expo some 10-days ago.

This thing looks awesome in red and the all black interiors look great and add to that the sporty aluminium pedals add up to the ambiance of the car. Get this trim in the Rapid if available. It's worth it.

Thanks for the encouragement. The dealers in Bangalore seem to have very little idea about the Edition X. They are pushing me for the normal rapid and say that they can change the exteriors to match the Monte Carlo Edition. But i am somehow not convinced. For me, i want the Stock Monte Carlo Edition or nothing from Skoda.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shubhu3112 (Post 4325551)
For me, i want the Stock Monte Carlo Edition or nothing from Skodea.

Suggest you to visit the TAFE, they seem to be quite knowledgeable on the Monte Carlo edition and the edition X as well. TAFE is on St Marks Road and the one in Silk Board Junction.