Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:00   #31
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkid
it will soon go high.... now that their refinery caught fire. there is going to be a fifty percent shortage in production and the unit is going to be shut down for two weeks. It may extend upto two months also.
No it won't happen. Refinery is full insured (no real losses) and that is going to effect supply of LPG cylinders and not petrol.
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:08   #32
BHPian

They have reduced LPG prices by shocking 3 rupees !!!!!! even after the fire at ther jamnagar plant,,,, now lpg is for 24.07 rupees!!!!! its damn good bet guys!
Old 3rd November 2006, 14:10   #33
BHPian

SupremeBaleno,

Yes it is not under chennai city limits.But anyway,it is in a good highway that is more frequently used by chennaites.Real estate,hmm i think reliance would not mind that but they have come to know the real potential that is to be tapped in indian highways.I mean the A1 plaza's but this bunk does not have one.
Old 5th November 2006, 17:22   #34
BHPian

i feel reliance was more affected due to the goverments decision of not awarding any subsidy to private oil companies .

the goverment had indicated that they were positively thinking of giving subsidy but later decided not to .

since reliance did not get any subsidy they were compelled to sell at higher rates and since then the international rates of crude have marginally reduced enabling them to sell at a comparable rate.

although i also feel that they have done some rate ratnalisation and reduced their margins
Old 7th November 2006, 21:28   #35
Senior - BHPian

Govt may reduce fuel price if oil falls below $52 a barrel

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...s/14071806.htm
Old 8th November 2006, 03:08   #36
BHPian

In India I think the fuel prices would never come down as it is only monitored by govt and the officials are corrupt who instead of reducing the fuel prices may find a way to say that we are only recovering losses that we have incurred due to subsidiaries given to us.
Old 8th November 2006, 17:25   #37
Senior - BHPian

i read in the papers that the govt is considering lowering the fuel prices. maybe good news is just around the corner
Old 8th November 2006, 17:39   #38
Senior - BHPian

Reduction is only if price per barrel falls below 52$. Knowing Chidambaram, oil prices will not go this low, in all probability.
Old 8th November 2006, 20:18   #39
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad
Govt may reduce fuel price if oil falls below $52 a barrel

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...s/14071806.htm
this will never happen. forget about the petrol price cuts. Our ministers are smart enough to steel our money and pass it to hungry corporates and there is no major election recently. Crude oil prices have came down more then 22% internationally but hey who cares in India where murderers also get away easily.

Last edited by Max : 8th November 2006 at 20:21.
Old 8th November 2006, 20:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

What happens in India where only 2% of the population pays Income Tax is that Petroleum Revenue is used for cutting down on 'Revenue Deficit' !!

So more the Revenue Deficit and the inflationary pressure, the more the temptation on the Central Govt to inflate oil prices to ease out the inflationary pressure.

Then there has also been an unusual hike in the money supply (M3) in the economy wherein in the past year itself the Central bank has printed currency to the tune of 77,000 Crore and the total currency in circulation was around 312,000 crores. This has to be seen in light of increasing loans being granted for housing, infra and other purposes. But this also creates enormous inflationary pressure on the economy so what better a way to suck back those inflationary pressures than a high fuel price.

Don't believe the Petroleum Minister for a moment on whatsoever he says.
Old 19th December 2006, 15:08   #41
BHPian

Guys

I am not sure if this is the relevant thread for the question, but does any one have a link to reliance outlet locator on web.
Old 20th December 2006, 19:17   #42

We should not blame Reliance for the increase in prices. The government duties etc account for around 46%-56% of the fuel price. The government, though announcing the free pricing mechanism earlier, continues to subsidize state oil companies like BPCL, IOC etc., while Reliance does not get those subsidies. They ahd asked the government to treat them at par with the PSUs but the government refused.
Reliance had to take a hit on every litre of petrol & diesel if it sold at the prices set by the goverment, & indirectly subsidised for the PSUs

The private companies had come into the retail foray mainly because the government had dismantled the APM(Administered Price Mechanism) to allow the market to set oil prices freely.
But in reality, to keep domestic prices in check and control oil fuelled inflation, that still provide subsidies to PSUs.

But even this story has 2 aspects. One, is that as global crude prices move up, the refiners earn more & the retailers earn less if they are unable to increase prices.
So on one hand, though Reliance will earn a bit more due to increased crude prices, they will lose on every litre sold if they are unable to match PSU prices, that are artificially kept down by the government.

Certainly, government will have to look at reducing the abnormally high taxes from fuel to bring stability in this market.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:00   #43
BHPian

I don't think this seems to be the case anymore. Reliance seems to again be more expensive than the other petrol pumps. Diesel was about 30.42 the other day while it was 29.50 or so at Indian Oil.

Given this, is it worth it to go to Reliance pumps? Is the adulteration factor truly nil for petrol and diesel at Reliance?
Old 13th August 2007, 13:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliper View Post
I don't think this seems to be the case anymore. Reliance seems to again be more expensive than the other petrol pumps.
i drove down to Blore few weeks back and every Reliance bunk i stopped at was selling petrol for a ruppee or two more than other bunks.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:27   #45
BHPian

yes it is right the petrol costs more than 48 rs and diesel 36 rs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks