Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2007, 13:33   #46
Senior - BHPian

Anyone knows where the Reliance outlets are located in Hyderabad?
Aint seen one yet.
Old 13th August 2007, 13:56   #47
BHPian

howz the quality??

can someone comment on the quality of the diesel or petrol being sold at reliance. If its adulteration free, then it should be worth buying even if its a rupee higher.

any comments on it , Welcome!!
Old 13th August 2007, 18:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsvijay View Post
can someone comment on the quality of the diesel or petrol being sold at reliance. If its adulteration free, then it should be worth buying even if its a rupee higher.

any comments on it , Welcome!!
My father is using Reliance Diesel for more than a year and half now. The Best milegage is only by Reliance. I think it is because of the quality and quantity.
Old 13th August 2007, 19:01   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorebuddy View Post
My father is using Reliance Diesel for more than a year and half now. The Best milegage is only by Reliance. I think it is because of the quality and quantity.
Ask him to try Shell too. Their product quality is also commendable.

Do let us know the comparitive fig's between shell and reliance as the perception is that both are equally good. I just want to know which is better than the other now.

Last edited by n_aditya : 13th August 2007 at 19:02.
Old 13th August 2007, 20:13   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Anyone knows where the Reliance outlets are located in Hyderabad?
Aint seen one yet.
U can locate one in Balanagar, one at Langerhousz road, and many are there on the outskirts on highways. I did not find many outlets in the city.
Old 13th August 2007, 20:16   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Ask him to try Shell too. Their product quality is also commendable.

Do let us know the comparitive fig's between shell and reliance as the perception is that both are equally good. I just want to know which is better than the other now.
Better try different petrol bunks, and find yourself which is better. I think we cannot just believe all the reliance and shell petrol bunks are 100% pure. You will get some good petrol in other companies too.
Old 13th August 2007, 21:01   #52
Senior - BHPian

In South and West India, Reliance is the major culprit in adultrating fuel until recently. They used to produce/'import without duties' a bouquet of fuels such as Naptha, fuel oil etc for sale to various chemical and petrochemical solvents based industries and because of the huge price differential in non-taxed imports they used to sell bulk of the imported fuel in the mass market and to adultrators who then used this fuel to adultrate the mainstream diesel and Petrol.

Now that they are into retailing petrol and diesel themselves they can now play the 'good boy' and reap the dividends accrued when they tarnished reputations of govt owned oil-majors. Ofcourse they themselves sell cleaner fuel in their bunks.
Old 13th August 2007, 21:20   #53
Senior - BHPian

Reliance Petrol has recently gone up by 1.50 rs in UP. So cost is now Rs. 48.65 per litre.

Last edited by iraghava : 13th August 2007 at 21:23.
Old 13th August 2007, 21:50   #54
BHPian

Filled Unleaded petrol at REliance near Mattur Dam for 52.50/liter .
Old 13th August 2007, 23:56   #55
Team-BHP Support

Reliance is costly people. And last time also when people were going ga-ga about reliance having learnt a lesson it was not exactly anything about lessons. They did so only when the international rates stabilized and it was feasible for them to sell it at lower cost. Now the rates have again gone up in the international crude market so Reliance rates have gone up.

Initially they tried to hold the prices and were seeking govt grants just like the public sector companies as they felt it was injustice being meted out to them. When that did not happen they jacked up the prices to cover their grounds. This time around they did not even bother. Govt is also biding time and if the rates do not stabilize sooner than later even the govt pumps will hike the rates.

As a matter of fact there is now a Shell pump in hyderabad as well. Has anyone tried it out? I want to know how good the shell fuel is.
Old 14th August 2007, 00:10   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Reliance is costly people. And last time also when people were going ga-ga about reliance having learnt a lesson it was not exactly anything about lessons. They did so only when the international rates stabilized and it was feasible for them to sell it at lower cost. Now the rates have again gone up in the international crude market so Reliance rates have gone up.

Initially they tried to hold the prices and were seeking govt grants just like the public sector companies as they felt it was injustice being meted out to them. When that did not happen they jacked up the prices to cover their grounds. This time around they did not even bother. Govt is also biding time and if the rates do not stabilize sooner than later even the govt pumps will hike the rates.

As a matter of fact there is now a Shell pump in hyderabad as well. Has anyone tried it out? I want to know how good the shell fuel is.
There are around 4 shell pumps in Hyderabad. One near hubsiguda, one opp Saradhi Studios, aamirpet. Have seen one on Gachibowli Road, but was under construction when last seen around one month back. I should be functional by now. The unleaded petrol is good. But, my WagonR and Karizma, both did not like the Shell Super petrol. My car's engine knocks if I fill Super. Am using normal unleaded with Iftex Sysem G, which makes my car to run smooth with very good mileage.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:07   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Zappo, i have been using Shell normal petrol (Bangalore) in both my car as well as Bike since the past 8-9 months or more. I get quite good mileage too, and the experience is also quite pleasant.

We do have a couple of threads too on the same, wherein Shell has been ranked quite high by our members.
Old 14th August 2007, 11:22   #58
Senior - BHPian

Zappo,

Spare a thought. If Reliance would sell at PSU prices, they would make NO money- read any business supplement to understand how many crores oil PSUs are losing. And how is the deficit made up? Bonds. Which means govt basically sells bonds, guaranteeing interest and repayment in the future - i.e our tax rupees not only subsidise petrol of others, but pay the INTEREST on them as well!!

I've friends who've worked in RIL petro retail, and you'd be glad to know that they have control over each outlet from their HQ - so retailers can't cheat. Further, the prices are so designed, so that the retailer sells only enough amount to cover his costs, make a decent return, yet not sell so much that RIL would book losses (like IOC does by selling huge volumes at a loss)

RIL quality is something I swear by.

Last edited by phamilyman : 14th August 2007 at 11:25.
Old 14th August 2007, 21:03   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Zappo,

I've friends who've worked in RIL petro retail, and you'd be glad to know that they have control over each outlet from their HQ - so retailers can't cheat. Further, the prices are so designed, so that the retailer sells only enough amount to cover his costs, make a decent return, yet not sell so much that RIL would book losses (like IOC does by selling huge volumes at a loss)

RIL quality is something I swear by.

You wouldn't mind providing even more information, would you? I want to be able to convince my friends and family who seem to think that Reliance is nothing special.

Does Reliance HQ know the amount of fuel in each petrol pump's underground tanks as it is dispensed?

Also, the #1 thing that would be beneficial for stopping fraud is customers asking for receipts. A funny story is that I once asked for a receipt from HP and these guys had a number of 100 Rs. receipts already prepared.
Old 20th August 2007, 13:43   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
There are around 4 shell pumps in Hyderabad. One near hubsiguda, one opp Saradhi Studios, aamirpet. Have seen one on Gachibowli Road, but was under construction when last seen around one month back. I should be functional by now. The unleaded petrol is good. But, my WagonR and Karizma, both did not like the Shell Super petrol. My car's engine knocks if I fill Super. Am using normal unleaded with Iftex Sysem G, which makes my car to run smooth with very good mileage.
Jeez, I did not know that Shell bunks were that rare in Hyd. I can see one coming up on Raj Bhawan Road, between Digital Shoppy and Shanti Sagar Restuarant. It should be open in a month's time.
Do you guys think Shell is that good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks