Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2017, 19:29   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat slashes prices of the Punto Evo and Linea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokinetic View Post
Enquired with 3 dealers in different cities to get a quote for 125S. None of them quoting ex-showroom under 10L. The Fiat website is showing the price well below 10L for all the respective cities. One of them adjusted to 10L+1k ex-showroom when I insisted, but not even ready reduce a rupee below 10L. Are the dealers upto some mischief?
Hmm, this is strange. Dealers are supposed to follow "official pricing". Another possibility is Fiat messed up the pricing on website
Old 11th January 2017, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
No they wont. Only two things will do.

1. Have relevant products. Punto and Linea are more than 5 year old. They were competetive when launched. With newer products in the market, Fiat needs to move ahead and launch new products not facelifted models and price cuts. These cars are no longer relevant.
Not necessarily. There are quite a few cars on sale in India that are much more than 5 years old and doing well. What Fiat is missing is adding relevant features. Where's their AMT / automatic option? Projector headlights? Better infotainment display? They could definitely add a few things that would help this along. Adding other models also will help but if they do to the new models what they're doing currently to the Linea / Punto, those too are bound to fail.

And advertise! Other manufacturers advertise the heck outta their product. Fiat is probably following Ford India's philosophy - Let's secretly launch products / features and wait for customers to figure out how really great our product is. That doesn't work anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
2. Customer needs to believe that he will not be left in a lurch after purchasing a Fiat. I love my car, but I seldom recomend it to anyone. Reason? Where is the aftersales? When I bought my car, there were at least 3 (or perhaps more) service centers in Pune. However now there is only one in Nigadi. A new one has opened in Wagholi, but that is really outside Pune if you ask me.
Absolutely! There's always a fear in every Fiat owners mind whether Fiat will pack up one day or just roll over into a Jeep showroom and cut off Fiat after sales support. They need to get out there and assuage such concerns. And for the love of god, train their service folks properly.
Old 12th January 2017, 06:20   #33
BHPian

Has anyone from Bangalore booked or got a good quote post price reduction for the 125s ?
The official OTR is 11.98 it seems, what should be a good price which can be negotiated?
Old 12th January 2017, 08:39   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneo View Post
Has anyone from Bangalore booked or got a good quote post price reduction for the 125s ?
I have been trying to get the quotes for the past one week, but I have been told that they haven't gotten the official price list from Fiat yet. They have promised to send it to me as soon as they get it.
Old 12th January 2017, 10:05   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Another possibility is Fiat messed up the pricing on website
No. Because they announced it with a big press statement explaining how they absorbed the rising input costs and enhanced the value proposition of the cars. More words in that press release than the number of cars they would sell.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2017, 11:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
No. Because they announced it with a big press statement explaining how they absorbed the rising input costs and enhanced the value proposition of the cars. More words in that press release than the number of cars they would sell.
Something is really fishy at the dealers end. The offer is officially out in public yet all the three dealers where I enquired, denied it. "Let's discuss the OTR price and not the ex-showroom" is what they are replying.
Old 12th January 2017, 12:35   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Something is really fishy at the dealers end. The offer is officially out in public yet all the three dealers where I enquired, denied it. "Let's discuss the OTR price and not the ex-showroom" is what they are replying.
You could actually try and see which one is beneficial for you. There were always more discounts running for FIAT cars and this move just made it official. May be the old discounts were even more than the one announced?

But make sure you calculate the corresponding drop in road tax, insurance etc as well, when considering the new prices.
Old 12th January 2017, 19:41   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

What has FIAT in store for India?

Not a single car manufactured by Fiat in December 2016 in India! Linea in Brazil is axed , Punto being stopped shortly ( both cars have replacemnt planned though- X6H/X6S).

Is JEEP the brand that FCA will concentrate in India - in both Luxury and mass C/ SUV segments only ?

Link
Old 12th January 2017, 22:42   #39
BHPian

Price cuts, Discounts, limited edition models with few more decals and what not.
I seriously have no idea what they are upto. They have such great legacy and engineering by their side. Why don't they come up with some seriously good products with features which are needed in today's world to compete with others.
How long with Dealership sustain with meagre sales and decade old models. No wonder for them if they inaugurate one dealership, two other shuts shop somewhere else.
And that's the main point no after sales support.
If you don't have competent product line up nothing will sustain forever for you, its just reduced sales figures MoM and YoY consistently.
Old 13th January 2017, 12:08   #40
BHPian

If quoting higher ex-showroom than the official price was not enough, dealers are asking transfer of full payment in advance into their account. Once a customer does the payment he has to accept whatever car the dealer gives or keep paying interest to the bank till the dealer agrees to give another one. Is it wise to pay fully without even seeing the car?

Last edited by prokinetic : 13th January 2017 at 12:12.
Old 13th January 2017, 12:55   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.... Is it wise to pay fully without even seeing the car?
Pay booking amount, decode VIN to confirm allotted car's age, complete PDI in person, if satisfied handover full amount and sign paperwork for registration.

Paying before PDI is akin to automotive suicide.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 12:56   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If quoting higher ex-showroom than the official price was not enough, dealers are asking transfer of full payment in advance into their account. Once a customer does the payment he has to accept whatever car the dealer gives or keep paying interest to the bank till the dealer agrees to give another one. Is it wise to pay fully without even seeing the car?
No. Never. Under no circumstances should you ever give the dealer anything more than a booking amount (which itself shouldn't ever exceed 50K) until you - the customer - have done a PDI in the dealer's yard of the car that will soon become yours.

If FIAT dealers are asking for full amount on booking, they are killing whatever little business they could be getting.
KiloAlpha is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 18th January 2017, 14:32   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Was in the locality and had some free time. So decided to pay a visit to Ebony/Aadya motors Bengaluru. They have the updated price list.

Here are the prices (ESP - OTR) as per the list,
Linea 125 S - 9.95L - 12.08L
Linea Emotion Diesel - 9.99L - 12.13L
Abarth Punto - 9.90L - 12.02L

According to the SA, only 10k discount is available and the car is 2016 manufactured. I'm sure more discounts can be managed. The SA will try to fool saying that the car has undergone price cut of ~1.2L, but most of that is because of road tax. The company provided cut is about 40k. For a 2016 car, at least another 60k odd should be manageable easily.

Check again with your dealer for an updated price list. If he does not provide one, try shooting a mail to FIAT.

PS: BTW, the showroom experience was below par as expected

The showroom was empty and the SA was least interested. The knowledge level was pathetic. I asked her if the driver armrest in the older Linea was height adjustable since the new one is not (the new armrest introduced in 2014 Linea is a big disappointment compared to the awesome one in the older ones). She replied "This is an all new vehicle sir!".
I asked if I can get a demo of the Linea's music system. She replied with a raised tone as if offended "That is not a music system sir. It is a navigation system"
She didn't want to offer any TD also.

Last edited by theredliner : 18th January 2017 at 14:52.
theredliner is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 14:00   #44
Lij
BHPian

The new ex showroom price in Mumbai for the Linea 125s is 9.98 lakhs and on road price is around 11.45 lakhs.

As mentioned in the above post there is a 10k discount available making the effective on road around 11.35 lakhs, surely one should be able to squeeze out more from the dealer end.

Last edited by Lij : 19th January 2017 at 14:22.
Old 20th January 2017, 16:20   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
According to the SA, only 10k discount is available and the car is 2016 manufactured. I'm sure more discounts can be managed. The SA will try to fool saying that the car has undergone price cut of ~1.2L, but most of that is because of road tax. The company provided cut is about 40k. For a 2016 car, at least another 60k odd should be manageable easily.
Finally got a quote of below 10L from a dealer. Discount offered is only 10k. The dealers quoting more offered free insurance. Anyways the overall cost with ex-showroom under 10L is coming low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lij View Post
The new ex showroom price in Mumbai for the Linea 125s is 9.98 lakhs and on road price is around 11.45 lakhs.

As mentioned in the above post there is a 10k discount available making the effective on road around 11.35 lakhs, surely one should be able to squeeze out more from the dealer end.
Dealers refusing to offer anymore discount than 10k. Only mud flaps & mats as complimentary accessories. Tried to push hard but no use.
prokinetic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks