Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2017, 20:30   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Ford Figo & Aspire lose features across the range

Quote:
Originally Posted by raichoudhury View Post
It appears that the Titanium+ variant is no longer available.
Prices are most likely to be the same as the Titanium+ variant.
There is lot of doubt in what you've written. Have you seen the dealer price list? If the variant doesn't exist, it won't be listed. This is what I saw in Volkswagen showroom with Vento(when diesel manuals were not selling). Both variants are listed in official site and brochure as of last Friday.

Also Titanium (O) Ex showroom is slightly lower than Titanium+. OTR is about 20-30K lower I remember.

Am guessing they are trying to push you to take the Titanium (O) which is a new variant, that many aren't aware yet.

I felt Titanium(O) is more in line with what i wanted than the Titanium+. I could live without the MyKey, leather seats or MFD, the dock seemed much more use to me.

Quote:
Why are they not extremely successful. One of the reasons may be lack of clarity and transparency.
I find sales persons not aware of their own car features, disinterest in asking for a test drive, trying to deter customer from doing a PDI, not letting customer take insurance outside, attitude issues and such negatives across the board. Toyota and Hyundai are part of this elite club too. Surprisingly, my best showroom experience till date has been with VW. If I have to take all these personally I should be car-less . My point being, you'd come across ignorant/crooked sales persons everywhere, you'll end up having to make your way on your own with every brand showroom.

If 6 airbags is a requirement, there is no other brand that even has them at this price point.

PS: Am no Ford owner (atleast not yet). Am just another prospective customer at this price point, who is also giving the Aspire a long hard look
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 20:36   #47
Team-BHP Support

Hoax or not, 15-inch Fiesta alloys plus factory-fitted leather upholstery (as long as it's not beige) would be a great addition!
I'll say 'pass' to gaudy stickering though, some things are best left to Maruti.

For anyone wondering, I meant these (in brushed gunmetal finish, if possible)
Scoop! Ford Figo & Aspire lose features across the range-1.jpg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th February 2017 at 21:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 10:44   #48
BHPian

IMHO the company does have a strong role to play in the manner the sales representatives conduct themselves.

As far as Ford is concerned both the showrooms in Odisha are reporting that the Titanium+ variant has been discontinued.

However the company brochure and price list reflect the contrary!
raichoudhury is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As far as Ford is concerned both the showrooms in Odisha are reporting that the Titanium+ variant has been discontinued!
You shouldn't believe the Dealers words unless Ford announces it officially. Dealer says 1000 things, just because he has target and if he doesn't meet the target, his next month target will be even higher.

And in case the sale is low, he will have leftover stocks which when doesn't sell, he has to leave off the margin given to him as discount. This is what every dealer does right from Maruti to the Big 3 German's.

Why would Ford want to discontinue the Titanium+ when they have differentiated that variant by having some additional features.
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 11:49   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It appears that the Titanium+ variant is no longer available.
It would be a foolish move if Ford did that, specially at a time when competing cars from other brands are getting voice commands and touch screen as standard on top trims. The Grand i10 F/L just got it. The Figo was the first car to have Voice commands in the segment and it would be sad if they delete this feature.

The only reason I chose The Titanium+ over Titanium was the presence of Sync. I find the voice commands to be an extremely useful feature, along with the apps, specially ESPN Cricinfo.

Or maybe they are preparing to update the Titanium+ with a touchscreen, possibly Sync3 and other goodies?
skanchan95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:44   #51
BHPian

Quote:
IMHO the company does have a strong role to play in the manner the sales representatives conduct themselves.

As far as Ford is concerned both the showrooms in Odisha are reporting that the Titanium+ variant has been discontinued.

However the company brochure and price list reflect the contrary!
The titanium plus is definitely not discontinued as of now. I have visited Ford showroom in mangalore, Karnataka and and they confirmed that theres no such intimation as of now and its rightly available.
blackbandit is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 10:20   #52
BHPian

Have tried chatting in the Ford website and have also called the Customer Care.
They say that it might be a case of Titanium (+) not being produced as of now. If an order is placed they may consider. The Ford India customer care is not saying that Titanium (+) is discontinued; it is not under production as of now.
I still feel that there is something more than what meets the eye!
raichoudhury is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 19:17   #53
Senior - BHPian

The 2017 Figo and Aspire (Trend and Titanium trims) now have a black coloured insert on the front fenders instead of the chrome inserts earlier. Looks awful!!!!
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 19:22   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
The 2017 Figo and Aspire (Trend and Titanium trims) now have a black coloured insert on the front fenders instead of the chrome inserts earlier. Looks awful!!!!
I Don't think its the same for the titanium. Are you sure about this? There was only the aspire titanium on display in cauvery and i guess it was chrome itself not completely sure though.
Old 15th February 2017, 19:27   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
I Don't think its the same for the titanium. Are you sure about this? There was only the aspire titanium on display in cauvery and i guess it was chrome itself not completely sure though.
100% sure. The Grey Aspire Titanium, Red Figo Trend in the showroom and their Red demo Aspire Titanium parked outside had black inserts on the fender. I also noticed that the Figo Trend in display had the rubber lip bumper missing.
skanchan95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 21:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

From what I had read, the Ambiente and the Trend were supposed to get the black grills - and I wanted to see how it looks as I always had plans to change my grill to full black. Maybe I'll hold off on that now.

Don't you have any photos to share?

This could a strategy by Ford to sell the chrome grill as an accessory to all buyers. I've also seen an photo of the Ecosport with all black grills.
Old 15th February 2017, 21:35   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
From what I had read, the Ambiente and the Trend were supposed to get the black grills - and I wanted to see how it looks as I always had plans to change my grill to full black. Maybe I'll hold off on that now.

Don't you have any photos to share?

This could a strategy by Ford to sell the chrome grill as an accessory to all buyers. I've also seen an photo of the Ecosport with all black grills.
Its not totally black. The outline is silver. only the horizontal slats are black. Again its not painted black but the regular plastic black. It doesnt look that great IMO - Shows that the vehicle is a base variant. Will visit cauvery ford padil and post some photos tomorrow as its in my line of commute. I do have a photo of the head unit as of now will post it together with all the changes.
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 14:05   #58
BHPian

Quoting BHPIan blackbandit from the Aspire official review thread here:
Quote:
While people were ranting about the silly deletions that ford made people forgot to highlight the essential additions. ABS as standard in Trend and optional in Ambiente and six airbags (optional) in Titanium are truly good additions. I highly feel that the additions should have been highlighted in the forum rather than the deletions. As of now the spotlight is on those little deletions that don't even matter
100% agree with you sir. These additions are of far more value than losing a vanity mirror here and there.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 16:51   #59

As per the brochure obtained from a Ford dealer in Mumbai couple of weeks back and the one available on the Ford India website, there are no such changes as mentioned in the first post here.

I am about to book Figo Titanium Petrol MT this week, will cross verify before booking.
rider_kaush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2017, 17:03   #60
BHPian

The Ford website shows these updates. I had contacted Ford customer care and they also confirmed the changes to Titanium+ version. I did not check for other variants. But do check before you book and post pics after delivery

One key thing here is that its not just deletions that have happened. There are additional options now available in terms of ABS and Airbags which I have highlighted in my previous post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider_kaush View Post
As per the brochure obtained from a Ford dealer in Mumbai couple of weeks back and the one available on the Ford India website, there are no such changes as mentioned in the first post here.

I am about to book Figo Titanium Petrol MT this week, will cross verify before booking.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks