Team-BHP - Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/184170-mumbai-polices-echallans-system-traffic-violations-edit-now-maharashtra-wide-13.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4386996)

So who's driving the car??? :confused::confused:

Was the car given for service or stayed at the service station during this period? Are the car keys left with someone else?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4386895)
got this "Halting ahead white line" fine at mithibai junction.
But I cant see white line. My car is silver yeti.

This is rubbish. I would continue to fight this.

As riteshritesh said, you should mention that yours is the SILVER car when writing in, as that could have easily been overlooked by the person reviewing the case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by superutp (Post 4386870)
Wanted to ask about what happens if you get caught speeding again? Is there a system in place for subsequent violations?

I dont think so.

I'm impressed with the image quality of the camera! You can even see the Team-BHP Sticker on the front numberplate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatalli (Post 4386996)
The only quandary? I was thousands of miles away in New York on that weekend. The lady is adamant she wasn't out that weekend.

As salilpawar1 said - the date in Jan 2017! How does the lady remember what she did on a particular day 450+ days ago?

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4386898)
Revert to their email stating that your's is the Silver car, which ( to me ) seems behind the zebra lines, which are visible and you wish to appeal their decision and to let you know the procedure for appeal.
Even though the fine is negligible, atleast we will know how to go ahead with an appeal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan (Post 4388495)
This is rubbish. I would continue to fight this.

As riteshritesh said, you should mention that yours is the SILVER car when writing in, as that could have easily been overlooked by the person reviewing the case.

I had clearly mentioned in my email that My car is the silver one and still got the weird reply. I have agin shot and email saying i wish to appeal the decision and again mentioned mine is a silver car. Let's hope they revert back in my favor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sagpatel (Post 4388568)
I had clearly mentioned in my email that My car is the silver one and still got the weird reply. I have agin shot and email saying i wish to appeal the decision and again mentioned mine is a silver car. Let's hope they revert back in my favor.

Apologies for back to back posts,
i got a reply "Respected Sir, Your challan is cancelled after due verification & confirmation of evidence".
So you just have to be persistent and they will cancel the challan provided you are correct.

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-imageuploadedbyteambhp1524233402.561218.jpg
Guess the cameras before Bandra Worli sea link are hyper active.
Got this just 15minutes after i crossed the place.

Caught speeding by an eagle-eyed speed camera on the Eastern Freeway.
Is there a set tolerance on speed limits ?

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mtpchc1800148841_01.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Monkey (Post 4393745)

Surprised it says speed limit is 80kmph, when the signboards say otherwise (60kmph).

Is this due to the new regulations, or is this to do with the camera?

I personally feel 60kmph is too slow for the freeway, with the cars barely getting into top gear for a comfortable drive.

Interestingly, I've only heard of people getting tickets between 80kmph to 130kmph. Never seen anyone in Mumbai with a ticket for below 80kmph, or over 130kmph, in comparison to the cameras in Hyd that caught a Jazz going at 160kmph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rohitj92 (Post 4389161)
Attachment 1753748
Guess the cameras before Bandra Worli sea link are hyper active.
Got this just 15minutes after i crossed the place.

Yes, All the cameras on sea link/ Reclamation route are hyper active and plus it seems they are active 24/7, A friend got a fine just after the exiting sea link at bandra at around 3 AM in the night! I too have a couple of fines there. However can be easily avoided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini (Post 4394426)
Surprised it says speed limit is 80kmph, when the signboards say otherwise (60kmph).

Exactly my thought. I have been fined for doing a 80 a few months back on Eastern Freeway ( and I stand corrected when I mentioned that no photo was put up. It is there indeed.) and as you rightly state, the board is still at 60.

Quote:

Originally Posted by riteshritesh (Post 4394504)
I have been fined for doing a 80 a few months back on Eastern Freeway ( and I stand corrected when I mentioned that no photo was put up. It is there indeed.) and as you rightly state, the board is still at 60.

If there was no photo put up, you can contest the same via email & get it rectified. They need to provide proof.

Quote:

In the image description at the bottom as well, it mentions 80 KMPH.

Quote:

I personally feel 60kmph is too slow for the freeway, with the cars barely getting into top gear for a comfortable drive.

I a 100% agree with you. In my case, the Storme doesn't even reach the 5th gear ratios at 60. :Frustrati

BTW, I've been unfortunate twice in this scenario on the Eastern Freeway since it's my daily commute:

Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mtpchc1800108250_01.jpg
Mumbai Police's eChallans System for Traffic Violations. EDIT: Now Maharashtra-wide-mtpchc1800362028_01.jpg

ALSO, very good image quality considering in one of the fines the car was at a decent speed.

Quote:

Interestingly, I've only heard of people getting tickets between 80kmph to 130kmph. Never seen anyone in Mumbai with a ticket for below 80kmph, or over 130kmph, in comparison to the cameras in Hyd that caught a Jazz going at 160kmph.

I stand corrected - a friend saw this post and sent me a pic of a car getting fined doing 155 on the sealink.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohansachar (Post 4394830)
If there was no photo put up, you can contest the same via email & get it rectified. They need to provide proof.

I had mentioned in an old post, that I paid up inspite of no picture being uploaded, however I clarified in the above post stating that a picture was indeed there. Maybe they uploaded at a latter date. :D
Sorry for the confusion.

I was doing a 82 kmph ( Jan 2018), but the limit was 60 then. It seems it has been amended to 80 kmph after the court ruling (?).

P.S. I have paid up for a challan for No Parking, when my driver was sitting in the car at BKC. The cops sneak up from behind and just click away and go. Smart move, I say.
Technically, there is a difference between Parking and Stopping. The board was only for No Parking and not for No Stopping & No Parking.
Can such situations be challenged?

Quote:

They now catch speeding cars on the freeway now? That's bad :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karooo (Post 4395077)
They now catch speeding cars on the freeway now? That's bad :(

Pray tell me why is that bad?

Several developed countries have speed limits on freeways and they're enforced. A freeway isn't a race track where one can drive at whatever speed one wants!

"Drive safely and sensibly at sane and legal speeds and with empathy (eg. slow down near habitation even if no traffic), regardless of whether being policed or not", that should be our motto. Once we imbibe that culture, only then do we deserve to be a motoring nation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vharihar (Post 4395186)
Pray tell me why is that bad?

Several developed countries have speed limits on freeways and they're enforced. A freeway isn't a race track where one can drive at whatever speed one wants!

"Drive safely and sensibly at sane and legal speeds and with empathy (eg. slow down near habitation even if no traffic), regardless of whether being policed or not", that should be our motto. Once we imbibe that culture, only then do we deserve to be a motoring nation.

An Octavia with 180bhp should not be lumped together with a 1.3 litre Ciaz when the road is mostly empty IMO. Sadly, there are very few places in Mumbai where you can enjoy your performance car.

I do agree that motorists should follow the law but I hope they increase the speed limit in the freeway since it's mostly empty with not much traffic.