Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2017, 13:01   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh

A great sounding name for a standard car with a new cosmetic pack added on to it, this IMO is what Kwid Climber is in reality.

Renault have been offering various packs already such as Chrome etc, however this move seems to be just a branding exercise to renew the interest in the car. However the Climber tag somehow misguides one to have more expectations from an overall good entry level hatch.

Last edited by girishglg : 7th March 2017 at 13:02.
Old 7th March 2017, 18:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
I don't understand Renault fascination with ugly looking overdone colours on interiors. From Duster Adventure edition's pink dials to Kwid Climber's orange gear knob, it's just
Leave alone Renault, I am not sure why even a forum like TBHP is discussing this pointless cosmetic job. Its no different from the many special edition sticker jobs that Maruti comes out with to get rid of old inventory.

And it's hard to fathom what the so-called dealer training is about. What exactly is there for them to be trained about?
Old 7th March 2017, 19:32   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Leave alone Renault, I am not sure why even a forum like TBHP is discussing this pointless cosmetic job.

And it's hard to fathom what the so-called dealer training is about. What exactly is there for them to be trained about?
The cosmetic add-ons do look good, the color scheme used is chic, there are some new alloy wheels as well ! Overall, its a neat job compared to Maruti Suzuki's Alto 'Special editions' or Swift RS or Decade versions !

Whats wrong in discussing it ? It is going to bring in more footfalls at Renault dealerships and the dealer training is all about training sales persons for convincing buyers as to why the Climber is better than its original avatar.
NiInJa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
The cosmetic add-ons do look good, the color scheme used is chic, there are some new alloy wheels as well ! Overall, its a neat job compared to Maruti Suzuki's Alto 'Special editions' or Swift RS or Decade versions !

Whats wrong in discussing it ? It is going to bring in more footfalls at Renault dealerships and the dealer training is all about training sales persons for convincing buyers as to why the Climber is better than its original avatar.
Couldn't agree with you more. I got a chance to see Kwid climber in person in last years Auto expo and I must say it looked like a real (mini) mean machine. I personally found it pretty impressive and a car with lots of character, offcourse its not a family car but the young ones would definitely love this one.

Renault has put in lots of efforts in it to give it a unique styling and its definitely not a mere sticker job. I think once its launched, will have a market of its own. Well done Renault.
rahul412 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 16:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Renault teasing the Kwid Climber on Facebook.

Name:  Screen Shot 20170308 at 4.48.54 PM.png
Views: 5039
Size:  108.8 KB

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 8th March 2017 at 16:53.
swiftdiesel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 19:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Renault teasing the Kwid Climber on Facebook.

Attachment 1616594
Seems to be borrowing design elements from Alpine concept(colours), this might be the only entry level car with good road presence, cosmetic upgrade would only enhance it further. Wish they made one with good diesel and safer Body.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 13:31   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The Renault Kwid Climber has been launched in a single 1.0L petrol engine option, and is priced at Rs 4.3 lakhs for the 5-speed MT and Rs 4.6 lakhs for the AMT variant (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi).

Offered in the RxT(O) variant, the Kwid Climber is available in 3 colour shades - Electric Blue, Outback Bronze and Planet Grey.

Quote:
While majority of the changes are on the outside, the launch colour, Alpine Blue looks extremely good on the car. The side mirrors, roof rails and bash plate all get painted in orange.

The Kwid Climber comes with a new set of six spoke wheels which we'll see on the Kwid for the first time. The cabin is a familiar place now gets an orange upholstery with the 'Climber' insignia, new vibrant orange accents on the AC vents and on the centre fascia, a two-tone orange gear knob and orange door trim accents on the front and rear doors. The 'Climber' name plate makes its way on the and the steering wheel as well.

NDTV Auto

Last edited by RavenAvi : 9th March 2017 at 13:56. Reason: added a point.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 14:12   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
Renault has started dealer training for the upcoming Kwid Climber edition from this week. This suggests that the car's India launch isn't far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Renault Kwid Climber has been launched in a single 1.0L petrol engine option, and is priced at Rs 4.3 lakhs for the 5-speed MT and Rs 4.6 lakhs for the AMT variant (both prices, ex-showroom Delhi).
Spot on with the previous Scoop!

The launch came in sooner than expected. Glad to see that it is offered with the MT as well as AMT, though a few feature additions wouldn't have hurt instead of just the cosmetic changes on the interiors and exteriors.

The only colour option that has been added seems to be this electric blue, though now makes me wonder what would be the colour option for the Kwid Racer.

Last edited by Omkar : 9th March 2017 at 14:18.
Omkar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 14:39   #24
RSR
Senior - BHPian

After promising so much with the concept, it turns out that they've merely flattered to deceive with the actual Kwid Climber.

The Climber turns out to be just a cosmetic edition or a new RxT(O)+ variant offered with both MT & AMT. It may look the best of the Kwids on sale (that blue is quite a cool shade ), but the alloys and roof-rails (as long as they can carry loads) seem to be the biggest inclusions. Sadly, those look like the stock 155/80 R13 tyres on 13" alloys.

They could have at least provided 14" alloys, ABS, retractable rear seatbelts, manual D/N IRVM, manually adjustable ORVMs and LED or even plain filament DRLs after charging a little more for this Climber.

I think we'll have to keep waiting further for an RxZ variant to get the above features.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 15:20   #25
GTO
Team-BHP Support

How it actually looks. These images give a realistic view:

The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-1.jpg

The Renault Kwid Climber edition. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 4.3 lakh-2.jpg
GTO is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 15:44   #26
BHPian

Nothing special here.
Renault already had special edition cosmetic kits for Kwid that could be fitted to any trim.
Here they have just added such a kit, and gave it a new name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
Leave alone Renault, I am not sure why even a forum like TBHP is discussing this pointless cosmetic job.
Its no different from the many special edition sticker jobs that Maruti comes out with to get rid of old inventory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post

Whats wrong in discussing it ?
Agreed that there is nothing wrong in discussing it.
But I think what he meant was that there is no need of a separate dedicated thread for this pointless cosmetic update, and it could have been just added to the original Kwid thread itself.

All such updates, irrespective of whether a minor or major update, already get a dedicated news article in the forum news section.

Just imagine, 3 or 4 new threads for each Maruti model every year, for each pointless sticker-job special editions that MSIL rolls out every now and then!

Not to offend the OP, but I feel such silly updates deserve no such undue importance.
By doing so, we are just encouraging these companies to come up with even more stupid sticker-upgrades next year!

Just adding it to the model's original thread makes it easier to access all the information from the same thread itself, rather than scattering it across multiple small threads.
VinodDevil81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 16:06   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinodDevil81 View Post

Not to offend the OP, but I feel such silly updates deserve no such undue importance.
By doing so, we are just encouraging these companies to come up with even more stupid sticker-upgrades next year!
Exactly.

I think overall we are not leveraging our purchasing power as consumers and letting ourselves be conned by such superficial nonsense by vendors. I get that it makes news and perhaps needs to be discussed, but I don't get the hype and excitement over this, especially when they have not made any real functional or safety improvements to the car.

The biggest thing that sticks out here is that the Kwid (while VFM and a good car in other ways) is proven to be extremely unsafe and it is well within the capability of a giant international carmaker to have already fixed it, yet they keep adding more and more lipstick to the (safety-wise) pig. Now one can always deflect criticism by saying that x, y, and z other car maker has unsafe cars too, but that is not the point.

What makes me angry as a consumer is that we let vendors get away with anything, we are like a dog that they occasionally throw a bone to and we are excited and grateful all day to them for that. Of course our government has to come out with much stricter safety standards (yes I know the ones that are planned to come into effect and they are not nearly good enough) and strict lemon laws and stronger penalties with faster action in consumer courts, but that is a different topic.

Last edited by chncar : 9th March 2017 at 16:10.
chncar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 17:44   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
After promising so much with the concept, it turns out that they've merely flattered to deceive with the actual Kwid Climber.

The Climber turns out to be just a cosmetic edition or a new RxT(O)+ variant offered with both MT & AMT. It may look the best of the Kwids on sale (that blue is quite a cool shade ), but the alloys and roof-rails (as long as they can carry loads) seem to be the biggest inclusions. Sadly, those look like the stock 155/80 R13 tyres on 13" alloys.

They could have at least provided 14" alloys, ABS, retractable rear seatbelts, manual D/N IRVM, manually adjustable ORVMs and LED or even plain filament DRLs after charging a little more for this Climber.

I think we'll have to keep waiting further for an RxZ variant to get the above features.
Exactly, I really don't understand what the fuss is about. The climber edition shown at the auto expo was so much more cooler and really looked the part. This is just a cheap iteration like the Swift Glory editions. They shud atleast learn to release it with a little less fuss. This just makes Renault look cheap!!

They could have at least got the alloys and tyres from the Climber Concept.
Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 9th March 2017 at 17:50.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 17:53   #29
BHPian

Earlier I assumed CLIMBER to be the off road edition of successful Kwid with more ground clearance and manual mode in AMT but at the end they offered only cosmetic changes. Such a nice branding wasted
SYSTEMIZED is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 19:15   #30
Senior - BHPian

The only factor that might sell this offering is the color, Electric Blue, which looks mesmerizing. Below are the new features offered (nothing to drool about)

Name:  Climber Extras.PNG
Views: 4121
Size:  58.4 KB
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks