Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2017, 18:57   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Global NCAP crash tests: Ford Figo Aspire scores 3 stars, Chevrolet Enjoy gets zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
If a non-ABS EBD 2 Airbag trend model can get 3 stars in NCAP rating, I am pretty sure a 6 Airbag ABS EBD version would have gotten 5 stars.

Cheers!
Just plonking in 6 Airbags does not warranty a 5 Star Result.

The car needs to fare well in many other parameters like Child Protection, Pedestrian Protection, Safety Assistance (ESC etc), and most of all a stable body shell.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 19:02   #62
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
That I understand already. I'm talking about the fate of the occupants. The car may get 10 stars. I don't mind.
Just trying to point out that the tests are not a full representation in any way. (To be honest, I'm not really a believer in those at all.)
Well, I studied some accidents online and I found that occupants survived in Aspire - in some very bad crashes. I provided a URL in an earlier post - the people in car survived when car got crushed between trucks - I am sure the rear truck driver would have applied brakes hard as well!! Please check - https://www.thrustzone.com/ford-aspi...board-survive/

Other accidents -

The car is relatively better than other options in this segment.

PS - I do own one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Just plonking in 6 Airbags does not warranty a 5 Star Result.

The car needs to fare well in many other parameters like Child Protection, Pedestrian Protection, Safety Assistance (ESC etc), and most of all a stable body shell.
Agreed sir!! That was an over-enthusiastic response that I corrected in my next post with some links and explanation!!

Last edited by Zappo : 13th June 2018 at 19:20. Reason: Consecutive Posts
Old 13th June 2018, 18:56   #63
BHPian

Re: Global NCAP crash tests: Ford Figo Aspire scores 3 stars, Chevrolet Enjoy gets zero

Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ford Explorer get worst ratings in crash test !!!

Two of America's most popular SUVs Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ford Explorer, performed badly in a crash test designed to show how well front-seat passengers are protected in a violent collision.

The Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ford Explorer were among eight SUVs the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently subjected to its small overlap front crash test, which mimics a particularly violent and dangerous type of collision. They were the only ones to earn the rating of "poor," the worst of four possible ratings.

Source : http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/12/news...m_source=fbCNN
Attached Thumbnails
Global NCAP crash tests: Ford Figo Aspire scores 3 stars, Chevrolet Enjoy gets zero-180612102444fordexploreriihscrashtest780x439.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks