Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2017, 13:03   #46
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Just took delivery of the Highline Plus TSI here in Pune.
The headlights themselves are worth the price difference. Also got the optional 16 inch wheels which look much better on the Vento than the 15 inch ones. They fill the wheel well better.
yash2424 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 13:38   #47
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by yash2424 View Post
The headlights themselves are worth the price difference. Also got the optional 16 inch wheels which look much better on the Vento than the 15 inch ones. They fill the wheel well better.
Congrats. Wish you many happy miles with the car. Please share some photos of the car. Which tyres did you get? Apollo or JK?
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2017, 14:00   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Congrats. Wish you many happy miles with the car. Please share some photos of the car. Which tyres did you get? Apollo or JK?
Hi,thank you and I got MRF tyres with the car.
Some pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-img_2700.jpg  

Volkswagen Vento Highline Plus launched - LED headlamps, LED DRLs and reversing camera-sideview.jpg  

yash2424 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 11:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
I too am considering the TSI Highline Plus TSI. Test drove the car. Its really great but also am considering the Creta too for the ease of getting in and out for my aging parents. What made you go for the Vento now considering that the car is already 6 years old and can you share the car's back seat comfort in seating 3? Also how are the all LED headlight set up in the night? Any feedback will immensely help me in making up my mind. Thanks
abs182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 14:21   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I too am considering the TSI Highline Plus TSI. Test drove the car. Its really great but also am considering the Creta too for the ease of getting in and out for my aging parents. What made you go for the Vento now considering that the car is already 6 years old and can you share the car's back seat comfort in seating 3? Also how are the all LED headlight set up in the night? Any feedback will immensely help me in making up my mind. Thanks
Was in a similar dilemma a while back, and ended up with the S-Cross.

If you can live with manual, would recommend checking it out. The rear seat has very good ingress and egress, and great height too.

The creta on the other hand is a little harder for people to get in to, as they have to step over the door sill which is quite wide. My mother, and grandmother just wouldn't be comfortable doing that.

In a sedan like the Vento, they have to bend in a little to sit in the car due to the lower roofline, and also headroom is poor.
Space is average for the segment, but makes it up with good ride & handling.
Old 14th August 2017, 15:36   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

In a sedan like the Vento, they have to bend in a little to sit in the car due to the lower roofline, and also headroom is poor.
Thanks for your reply. I'm planning to take my mother along for the creta test drive and take her opinion. The vento has won my heart but since the car is largely going to be shared by different members I'll have to take their opinion and decide. The wife is pretty sure of an AT. Plus I have a s-cross doing duty in our office. Its going to be either the Vento or Creta. So am very confused!
Old 14th August 2017, 15:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Was in a similar dilemma a while back, and ended up with the S-Cross.

I had a strange issue while seating on the backseat of S-Cross. The back seat is so high, that I felt like seating on the elevated back seat in an auditorium. I believe high ground clearance in S-Cross in not the reason behind this, as I did not get this feeling in Duster back seat. I felt a bit uncomfortable due to this sudden elevation. In comparison, Vento back seat was more comfortable even though space in Vento seemed to be less than that of S-Cross. Ofcouse, ingress and outgress would be easier in S-Cross.

Between S-Cross and Vento (TDI version), which car would have better ride quality in city limits? As per the review, S-Cross would be better at higher speeds.
Old 14th August 2017, 15:57   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post

Between S-Cross and Vento (TDI version), which car would have better ride quality in city limits? As per the review, S-Cross would be better at higher speeds.
I have test driven both, while i was behind the wheel my dad sat at the back behind me and he felt comfortable in s-cross more compared to vento. He complained about less legroom in vento (I am 5'11").
Ride quality wise too he felt s-cross was better.
sagpatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 17:09   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
The Vento IMO has better ride quality in the city.

The S-Cross is better as speeds build up, but in the city - the sway everytime you go into a deep pothole is a bit unnerving.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2017, 18:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
I bought the car as a daily driver and it wont be going outside city limits.
Reasons I chose the Vento:
Build quality
TSI + DSG gearbox
Good high speed manners
All basic required features
LED headlights
The Creta is too boring to drive compared to this. Plus its a SUV so it cant handle as well as this.
Old 16th September 2017, 08:22   #56
BHPian

Not sure when VW launched needle sweep on Vento but it is cool
Old 1st October 2017, 13:28   #57
VR4
BHPian

Quote:
I bought the car as a daily driver and it wont be going outside city limits.
Reasons I chose the Vento:
Build quality
TSI + DSG gearbox
Good high speed manners
All basic required features
LED headlights
The Creta is too boring to drive compared to this. Plus its a SUV so it cant handle as well as this.
Yash, Congratulations on your new acquisition. Am sure you are enjoying driving your Vento, especially in the S mode.

Wanted your as well as everyone else's opinion on the maintenance cost of VW vehicles, especially Vento.

What is the mileage you are getting?
Old 2nd October 2017, 15:43   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR4 View Post

Wanted your as well as everyone else's opinion on the maintenance cost of VW vehicles, especially Vento.

I too have purchased a TSI in the past few months. Currently getting around 10 average. Hoping it moves up in the months to come.

As to maintenance cost, well I have a Skoda Laura L&K so I am assuming it should be lower. That being said the Vento replaced my old Honda City which did not require any apart from 3 monthly checkups.

If you read the tread you should have a handle how much the 20k, 40k, 60k checkups cost.
Old 3rd October 2017, 17:43   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Yash, Congratulations on your new acquisition. Am sure you are enjoying driving your Vento, especially in the S mode.

Dont know about the maintenance cost but the mileage is around 10 to 11 most of the time.
Old 3rd October 2017, 18:37   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Vento tsi just about to complete 4 years. Once a year regular maintenance, roughly INR 10k +- 1-2000.

Mileage in moderate city traffic is 10-11. On highways can go up to 15-16 in D mode at ~90-100kmph.

I now drive almost exclusively in S mode in highways. Mileage is typically 13-14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks