Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2017, 16:15   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto EVO Pure launched at Rs. 4.92 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatfastdude19 View Post
Hey guys, as long as we are talking about Fiats, what has been a burning question of the boy inside me is that would a 1.4 TJet be an easy swap into an Indica Vista considering that the Petrol versions of the same used the Fiat's "Fire" engines?
The T-Jet engines are very rare to be discovered in a good condition. A friend tried for his car but finally disposed it off.

The cost of new engine by Fiat was very high and he was not interested in letting normal garages to touch a T-Jet for rebuild.

Also, I think, The Chassis of Vista cannot handle this engine. Fiat Chassis and white body are best in the mass market, even better compared to VW, Ford et. al.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 19:27   #17
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto EVO Pure launched at Rs. 4.92 lakh

Quote:
That 1.2 motor is tuned beautifully in that car though, a very tractable, refined motor with emphasis on low-end torque and response. I test drove the Punto only with this engine spec and I was incredibly surprised - it moved off the blocks very, very fast and kept pace with the city traffic and overtook every car in sight - under 80 kmph which is what 99% of any city moves at this makes for one heck of a car.
I drive a 1.2L Active for 2.5 years now. shifted from Palio 1.3 SDX after it developed engine problems. This 1.2L motor drives like a charm. for City drive it is more than adequate for my needs, it accelerates nicely and driving is usually a pleasure. inclines are a little struggle but hey that is to be expected from a heavy car with 1.2L engine and 67 horses.

Highway rides are decent, no high speed over taking stunts are possible even though you can cruise at 120kmph within no time.

Once i kinda raced linea from chitradurga almost till tumkur. even though my car didn't have enough horses to compete with the linea, but driving in the right lane and using the correct toll lane made it possible for me to have linea either besides me or just behind me.

coming to the current state of Fiat in India, am not too concerned with their strategy. you get good enough service support in bangalore (both authorized and non-authorized), parts availability also should be fine.

so instead of just simply enjoy the ride in your fiat
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks