Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2017, 18:55   #1
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Punto EVO Pure launched at Rs. 4.92 lakh

Fiat has launched a new entry-level petrol variant in the Punto EVO line-up. Called the Punto EVO Pure, this variant has been introduced at a price of Rs. 4.92 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) and is a replacement of the Punto Pure.

The Punto EVO Pure is only available with a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine that develops 67 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 96 Nm @ 2,500 rpm. Transmission duties are handled by a 5-speed manual gearbox.

The Punto EVO Pure can be opted for in 6 colour options - Exotica Red, Bossonova White, Hip Hop Black, Minimal Grey, Bronzo Tan and Magnesio Grey. It is available with a 3 years standard warranty and has a service interval of 15,000 km.

Fiat Punto EVO Pure launched at Rs. 4.92 lakh-punto-evo-pure.jpg
Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 19th April 2017 at 18:57.
dZired is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 20:26   #2
BHPian

Re: Fiat Punto EVO Pure launched at Rs. 4.92 lakh

It seems that the old body shell is out of inventory. This car would be history I guess once the Evo panels are over. But having no diesel is surprising considering the fact that they supply multijet's to everyone else.
Na_sh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 21:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Na_sh View Post
But having no diesel is surprising considering the fact that they supply multijet's to everyone else.
That's how Fiat operates in India. Not offering Diesel version is one of the many reasons. No Automatic, No AMT, No 1.6 Diesel Option on Punto/Linea. No fully Spec Diesel Variant (Urban Cross), no 1.4 TJet on Lower/MID Spec Variant (Punto), And the list goes on.....

This is just about the Products, other aspects like After Sales, Marketing, Resale etc (Basically Ownership Experience) hasn't been their trumpcard nor they have shown any signs of improvement.

The numbers are dismal for the line up it has currently, especially with their cars being Dynamically Superior & Well Built, but in all other aspects they are way behind & people care about them very much more then anything else.

They have an 9 year old Sedan & 8 year old Hatch having same shape with slight facial surgery ever since they first arrived, Similar to Polo & Vento.

This launch won't bring any additional numbers to them. Fiat, when will you bring your Nice cars like Bravo/Tipo/Aegea/Panda/500X ?
CarguyNish is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 21:52   #4
Team-BHP Support

Very strategic move from FIAT. There was a chance this might be adopted by the taxi market and that could have ruined their hopes of making yet another flop launch, so they haven't even risked launching the diesel variant. Now it is a perfect recipe for disaster.

Or could be they just don't have spare diesel engines to put in their cars, after selling to Maruti and TATA.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 22:03   #5
BHPian

Isn't this the same as the Punto Evo base (Active) variant? Or is this a sign that Punto Evo is going to be discontinued soon?
Old 20th April 2017, 08:39   #6
BHPian

This launch might have different implications:

1) I had read a news sometime back that Kevin Flynn is planning to replace the Punto and Linea with Tipo and Aegea respectively if the sales don't increase. So maybe they plan to keep the Tipo and Punto side by side in the market.

2) Knowing FIAT India's disastrous product launch strategy it could be another launch of the same car to fool the public into believing that they have another car in the market.

3) Currently the Punto Active as per the FIAT India website is only available in 1.3 MJD. The Pure's launch might be aimed to get it a petrol counterpart.
sub.g84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 08:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

Thanks.

Is there any feature list available for this new launch, a friend is looking for a good hatchback with budget of about 5 Lac and I think Punto will go well provided some basic creature comforts are available; as accessories are very limited, even the after market ICE looks odd in it.
Old 20th April 2017, 09:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Henry Ford: You can have any color, as long as it is black!

Fiat India: You can have any car from our showroom, as long as its a Punto !

Fiat Punto Pure
Fiat Punto Evo Pure
Fiat Punto Evo
Fiat Avventura
Fiat Urban Cross
Fiat Abarth
Fiat Linea Classic
Fiat Linea

Whoa, that is some line-up based on one single platform now
aravind.anand is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:10   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

If Fiat petrols were rare enough, this one will be the mother of rarities. At least if they had launched this car with the 1.3L MJD it would have seen some takers from the Taxi market. More or less a stock clearance effort, if it can even be cleared off shelves.

No safety features also, else would have been a sensible option for those on a budget.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:22   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

That 1.2 motor is tuned beautifully in that car though, a very tractable, refined motor with emphasis on low-end torque and response. I test drove the Punto only with this engine spec and I was incredibly surprised - it moved off the blocks very, very fast and kept pace with the city traffic and overtook every car in sight - under 80 kmph which is what 99% of any city moves at this makes for one heck of a car.

My marketing spin on this will be - Come one, come all, never shall you experience this again, drive like the way they did a decade ago! The old school steering experience, naturally aspirated engine and good old door shut noise, come and get it while you can! Limited stocks only.

FYI, I'm quite taken with this old school concept and I didn't mean it as a joke for even a second. I know people go nuts if one even mentions the lack of SRS/ABS, but personally, I'll take my chances in a Fiat at around Rs.7 lacs than an Ignis at Rs.9.xx lacs (YES YES I repeat, ABS/SRS/EBD are all essentials for safety and I'm NOT claiming otherwise, at all)
dark.knight is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 09:48   #11
VVP

Have seen many Fiat dealerships in the past during my trips across the country. And I had a chance to repeat the journeys once again in a small scale recently. It was not shocking to see that Fiat dealerships are not existing anymore in most of the places, but it was sad indeed. Apart from having the national engine by themselves and a superbly built hatch and sedan, FIAT is a classic case(car)study of how not to do things. They even have the droolworthy Abarth in their stable, still they couldn't make it reach the enthusiasts. If they sort out the issues and launch the tipo twins, they still have a chance because Indians do value fiat from the premier padmini days itself.
Dear Fiat people, please don't kill such a BRAND.
Old 20th April 2017, 09:56   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow What a launch. A superb effort from Fiat to waste everyone's time with their repeated launch of innumerable variants of Punto and Punto Evo. I dont understand what is so new in this variant to be relaunched. Looks like they need to do this relaunching every week to make the buyers aware that the Punto Evo is still being made.

What a waste of everyone's time and internet space.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 10:39   #13
A M
BHPian

Fiat needs to launch new cars and not relaunch old models again and again. They should launch Aegea, Tipo, Abarth 124 Spider and Panda. I'm sure if they improve infrastructure and bring in a couple of new models, they can still find traction in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Henry Ford: You can have any color, as long as it is black!

Fiat India: You can have any car from our showroom, as long as its a Punto !

Whoa, that is some line-up based on one single platform now
This line up is still very small. If you look at VW, the models based on one single platform range from anywhere between a couple of lakhs to a few crores.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:13   #14
Senior - BHPian

Next on the line is a New Variant,

Fiat Punto Evo Classic

Additional features over Punto Evo Pure include
  • Steel Wheels for Classic Stance
  • 2 Din Audio to listen to Classic Songs
  • Black Interiors with Silver Finish for Classic & Sporty Look
  • Choice of Fiat's 2 Classic Engines (1.2 Fire Petrol & 1.3 Multijet Diesel)

After Punto Classic, there will be new Punto Standard to be launched during Festive Season with attractive offers to celebrate Dasara & Diwali.
CarguyNish is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 15:25   #15
BHPian

Hey guys, as long as we are talking about Fiats, what has been a burning question of the boy inside me is that would a 1.4 TJet be an easy swap into an Indica Vista considering that the Petrol versions of the same used the Fiat's "Fire" engines??

I know it is completely off topic but it could be a good recipe for an easy and reliable way to make a "go fast" sleeper Indica, of course only if it is feasible.

I know that it is a stupid question and not the most practical thing one would do, but nonetheless an interesting project to consider.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks