Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2006, 09:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

The sale person told me ABS in Verna will be available may be after March 2007. It had to made-to-order. Some people had booked Verna with ABS but had to revert back to non-ABS models since Hyundai couldn't commit when they can deliver the vehicle. Sales person told me whether Verna with ABS is indeed manufactured at all.
Old 28th November 2006, 23:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

I think Hyundai is going back in time from their value tag. The Viva, the tornado were launched with ABS. Now they have faster cars, (the petrol verna is also faster than the Viva) but ABS is just an option. I had a test drive of a friends Verna the other day (he did not buy the Diesel, contrary to my wishes) at around 80 a dog gave me a scare, braked and it locked up on dry tarmac (the surface was deceptive in its appearance, as it appeared pretty grippy). Thankfully dog. car and the road are fine, so is my friend, however since ABS can be had as an option, it should be made mandatory for cars for the sake of safety of the general public (as well as the mongrels)
Old 30th November 2006, 20:07   #18
BHPian

Guys today got delivery of my verna crdi ! Colour red ! It looks hot ! Will soon post a review !
Old 1st December 2006, 11:51   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
Guys today got delivery of my verna crdi ! Colour red ! It looks hot ! Will soon post a review !
make sure you post some pics too (inside/outside)
Old 1st December 2006, 18:39   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetu4444 View Post
Hey Congrats! ..Do post Detailed review especially not much discussed issues like handling and breaking. Is it on stock tires or you have upgraded?
Old 1st December 2006, 18:51   #21
BANNED

Wanna hear what a salesman from Hyundai told me??
"ABS will reduce the stopping distance of the car by a bit. And that can't be a good thing in this very powerful car. With this powerful engine, the brakes should be very precise. Even some inches in the braking distance will be decisive. So, the wise decision of not including it in the options!!"

What will I do after hearing this??
Yes, I left the showroom laughing all the way home and also counting one more reason to crib Hyundai!!
Old 2nd December 2006, 15:22   #22
BHPian

well thanx guys still on stock tyres going to upgrade soon.........can yourl suggest wat will be the best size for verna.......
Old 2nd December 2006, 16:55   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Why is the verna crdi not being offered with abs ??
The sales person was saying that hyundai decided not to install abs because the engine was too heavy... Is the weight of a car a factor in installing abs ???
My dad said the braking experience was sacry when he tried to bring the car to a complete halt at about 120-130 ..
Can anybody Please confirm this ???

Come on Monseur, you surely shouldnt believe that! The reason its not offered with ABS is cost-cutting.
Old 3rd December 2006, 19:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Regarding ABS according to its technology ABS is meant for slippary/snow/rainy/wet surface areas/roads this is anyway known to everyone. ABS helps only when we are in high speeds.

In few cases of hard braking its true that vehicle with ABS might need extra distance / time for complete stop. I heve read it in toyota and few other websites and articles.

ABS is not so ideal for indian condition but its worth investment! It does its job and take care of safety aspects for sure.

One can't trust sales person's words for sure. They simply have blind answers always.

Verna CRDi without ABS I am sure to cut the cost. I think in few months top end verna CRDi should be launched. Just to capture the market share
Huyndai don't want to see people say top end verna CRDi is too costly.

When car is launched people look for its base price and top end variant's pricing and simply blame the car saying its too costly. I am sure by previous mistakes every car manufacture learns and brings talented strategy.

Regards,

Ravi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks