Team-BHP - Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/186471-meeting-2017-maruti-dzire-24.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 4221535)
Are the headlamps too close to the front of the car ? Mostly they would have chopped the front to reduce the length.
The front grill reminds me of the Ambassador's !

Hi
I am attaching the pictures of both the 1Gen Dzire and the new Dzire for your reference. It's almost the same probably a couple of mm closer to the bumper in the new Dzire.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djay (Post 4222248)
Congratulations to both of you for your new cars!!clap: Wish you many happy miles ahead!!!

Would be grateful if you could let me know when you had made bookings. I had booked on 17th May and delivery is expected only mid-July as per the dealer. Just wanted to get a pulse of the delivery situation.

I should be lucky as I got my Dzire delivered in 5 days from the date of enquiry. This could be due to the less preferred white colour vdi ags.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motard_Blr (Post 4222550)
This morning, I saw the first Dzire taxi in Bangalore.

I think that even taxi operators see more value in the new Dzire than the old. In Bangalore, I think that almost half of Dzires on the road are taxis. Especially since Uber and Ola became popular.

Can you please confirm if the taxi spotted is the new DZIRE or the previous Swift Dzire. Before taking delivery my white DZIRE, the dealer confirmed that this new one will not be allocated to taxi's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sree5999 (Post 4223219)
Can you please confirm if the taxi spotted is the new DZIRE or the previous Swift Dzire. Before taking delivery my white DZIRE, the dealer confirmed that this new one will not be allocated to taxi's.

New one. The shape is so different from the old one that there's no mistaking it.

Thinking about this situation, the first Dzire was longer than 4 metres and had a big boot and it was practical for taxis and popular. The 2nd gen Dzire is 4 metre long, has a smaller boot than the first gen model and, in my opinion, has not been a big success in the taxi market. The latest Dzire with its bigger boot is understandably going to be popular with taxi operators.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kmiles (Post 4218920)
On a side note, Tigor is full 180kg heavier than Dzire - that's like A4 vs chart paper kind of comparison on sheet metal. I had dinged my S-cross and there were large # of Balenos in the body shop - clearly the largest lot at that time besides Dzire. It gets dinged and bent and crushed in a jiffy on any impact. Dzie is no different.

I must have seen a dozen Dzires, by now. After getting immensely impressed by the pictures, I was somewhat disappointed when I saw it, in metal.

I just could not put a finger on what caused the reverse action in the sentiment.

Last night, when I saw it again, I started wondering whether it was the paint quality or something else.

I guess, you have pointed out correctly, it does look tinny.

And the design is the opposite of that. The Dzire has a chunky design and in the photos, it looks 'Polo' solid. In reality, it isn't.

Plus, maybe, the paint quality also has a part to play here.

Quote:

Today morning, I saw one new Dzire in yellow number plates in Thane. So, they are being used as taxis for sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4216103)
As per my sources, Maruti has instructed to keep the deliveries on hold. I am not sure if it's for all the cars. This would be one of the reason for just 9k cars shipped last month from factory. The culprit is entire steering assembly. Maruti is sending new assemblies to the dealers and they are replacing it in delivery cars. Here is a pic of new Dzire undergoing the procedure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nempuguru (Post 4217974)
'News 18' highlighted this on their site:

Link:

http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...e-1435003.html

Team-bhp news on new Dzire steering assembly has shown on yahoo news (http://www.news18.com/news/auto/2017...e-1435003.html).

First it was Ciaz clutch issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ty-clutch.html), second it was S-cross brake issue (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/176292-maruti-suzuki-recalls-20-427-units-s-cross-over-faulty-brakes.html), third it was rear suspension on new Baleno and now it is steering assembly of new Dzire.

I took a test ride of Baleno CVT and Dzire Petrol AMT back to back. Some observations:

1. Baleno Delta CVT (the base automatic) is almost as equipped as Dzire ZXI except the alloy wheels. Pricewise, lower versions of Nexa compete with higher versions of Maruti.

2. Baleno CVT is amazingly smooth, but gets boring. Some rubberband effect nullifies the flooring of peddle. On the other hand, when you floor the peddle in Dzire, the AMT drops a gear (or even two) and surges ahead. This makes overtaking and general driving very pleasant in Dzire.

3. Even though both of them are based on same platform, Dzire has 40L extra boot space, and I was curious where did they get this extra 40L. Turns out that there is no space at all to keep any nick-knacks in front driver/passenger. Thus the front seats are moved ahead, liberating extra boot space. There is zero storage for front seats of Dzire except that near the gear box and doors.

4. Beige interior of Dzire will naturally be a headache to maintain that the all black interiors of Baleno. But Baleno's drive seemed too ordinary as against Dzire.

5. Creep effect (car moving ahead when one removes foot from brakes) is pronounced in Baleno than in Dzire. None as effective as Honda jazz/apsire though. Moving from standstill, Dzire is more sensitive to inputs and needs a subtle foot than Baleno.

6. I liked the beige/leather/wooden combo in Dzire ZXI than all black in Baleno. The flat bottomed driving wheel feels great in hand.

I was hoping that Baleno would trump Dzire, but seeing the package, I would say buyers should strongly consider Dzire against Baleno. Gone are the days of jerky AMT. The gearshifts are felt in city, but are no where 'head nodding' as before.

Goody wise, the ZXI/ZDI variant seems the best bet. The plus versions are too costly, and the Z version's price increase is justified in the goodies offered. If I were in market for a sub 4m car, it would be Dzire Z version in automatic (petrol or diesel depending on use).

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 4223506)
Goody wise, the ZXI/ZDI variant seems the best bet. The plus versions are too costly, and the Z version's price increase is justified in the goodies offered.

The illumination of those LED headlights in Z+ aint that good?

Sorry I don't have any comment for or against the LED headlights. Just that more than 1 Lakh Rs jump for the plus version doesn't seem justifiable to me.

Quote:

Before taking delivery my white DZIRE, the dealer confirmed that this new one will not be allocated to taxi's.

How can the dealer or the manufacturer restrict any car's registration to private or taxi segment? They cannot decide what the car will be used for, right? As far as I know, any car can be registered as a taxi, regardless of the wishes of the manufacturer or dealer!

I remember there was the issue with the Isuzu D-Max, but that was because they couldn't be registered as private vehicles, by law.

Can someone please clarify regarding this?

There is no way that it can be restricted for Private car sales alone. I saw a yellow plate taxi three days ago. It was an uber taxi I think. I could be wrong though as it could have been the yellow temp registration to. I was busy looking at the proportion of the car.

I've seen a couple yellow boards in Bangalore already.

Manufacturers usually offer good deals on the outgoing model (even launch taxi variants), but they can't really stop someone from buying the current one and registering it commercially.

The only commercial sales aspect they can control is to refuse to sell to fleet operators in huge batches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by drpullockaran (Post 4225831)
There is no way that it can be restricted for Private car sales alone. I saw a yellow plate taxi three days ago. It was an uber taxi I think. I could be wrong though as it could have been the yellow temp registration to. I was busy looking at the proportion of the car.

I saw one Uber Cab yesterday near my residence in Gurgaon with a Noida registration number. So what you saw may be a Cab with a yellow registration plate itself.

I want to know the engine rpm at 100 kph for new Dzire Petrol AMT.Can someone who owns one or who has taken an extensive test drive help me with this detail.