Team-BHP - Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/186471-meeting-2017-maruti-dzire-25.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narayans80 (Post 4223757)
The illumination of those LED headlights in Z+ aint that good?

You are right I feel the headlights are not up to my expectations. I am attaching the pictures of both first gen dzire (recently changed headlights with 100/90W bulbs) and the new Dzire ZDI+ for comparison.
Sorry for the quality of the pictures its taken from the cell phone.

First Gen Dzire VDI low beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-1.jpg

First Gen Dzire VDI hi beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-2.jpg

Dzire ZDI+ low beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-3.jpg

Dzire ZDI+ hi beam

Meeting the 2017 Maruti Dzire-4.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegodfr (Post 4226493)
Sorry the photos have been swapped. I realised it now and was too late to edit the post. :Shockked: Pics mentioned as ZDI+ is of first gen Dzire (you can see the clock and temp in the left bottom corner)

No worries, no you can refer the above post to mods, by clicking on the "Report Post" button (on left hand side of your post) and inform them to shuffle either the pics or the titles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegodfr (Post 4226493)
Pics mentioned as ZDI+ is of first gen Dzire

So the LED lamps are much better than the 100/90 setup of the earlier generation, right? Looks way better in the pics.

Haven't seen the 2017 Dzire in person yet, but if it is built flimsy like the Baleno, it is a cause for concern.

Whatever jargon Suzuki/Maruti may use to market this car such as Heartect rigid platform, use of high tensile but thinner steel, the feather light weight, the 2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
Really poor safety rating given that the precious gen Euro spec Swift scored 5 stars.
The two airbag India specific car would for sure get zero stars just like the previous version Dzire/Swift

Indians deserve better safety than this and should not be taken for granted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4226654)
Whatever jargon Suzuki/Maruti may use to market this car such as Heartect rigid platform, use of high tensile but thinner steel, the feather light weight, the 2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
Really poor safety rating given that the precious gen Euro spec Swift scored 5 stars.

Crash norms and hence the criteria for stars keep varying and improving. A 5 star car rated in 2000 won't be the same as a 5 star rated car of 2017 in terms of safety.

Regards,
Shashi

Spotted new Dzire with the yellow plate when I was going to drop my folks at Bengaluru Airport.
In my opinion, this generation Dzire looks good only from the rear three quarter angle but they messed the front end. What could have been a way too tempting front, have butched up with the gaudy looking front by using oodles of chrome. To me, it looks like if some one have undergone a silicon lip job just to gain attention but failed miserably, with the amount of chrome used and it doesn't look well put together too symmetrically. Seriously, no offence to any of the owners but can't withstand with the front look of the car. Even more when I have images of upcoming swift with the surreal and admiring looks afresh in my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leoshashi (Post 4226661)
... criteria for stars keep varying and improving. A 5 star car rated in 2000 won't be the same as a 5 star rated car of 2017 in terms of safety.

Valid point, however, the expectation is for the manufacturers to keep with the rising safety criteria as they evolve and bring out the next generation of a car so that it is able to retain and meet the new higher safety norms.
In this case, 3 stars for the new Swift/Dzire is poor show and a step backward wrt., safety.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highh5 (Post 4226670)
Spotted new Dzire with the yellow plate when I was going to drop my folks at Bengaluru Airport.

Also another interesting point is that this looks like an AMT variant. Good to see cabs also opting for AMT - that will give some comfort to the drivers who spend significant time on the roads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Highh5 (Post 4226670)
this generation Dzire looks good only from the rear three quarter angle but they messed the front end..

Seriously, no offence to any of the owners but can't withstand with the front look of the car.

Agree, saw new Dzire yesterday evening for the first time, front and rear looks as if they are from two different designs forcefully merged into one, does not gel well.

Both ends are good separately if seen in isolation though. Front end is low, narrow and elegant (would look better without the chrome) whereas rear gives a feeling of a full size sedan having a broader design and higher sitting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkMar (Post 4226675)
Also another interesting point is that this looks like an AMT variant. Good to see cabs also opting for AMT - that will give some comfort to the drivers who spend significant time on the roads.

And properly test the limits of the AMT gearbox, for Maruti to work on and improve (recall if needed) the same.

We all know the number of complaints which initial users (particularly Celerio) had. Cab guys using it will mean that it will be tested for long term usage much before the private owners reach those limits.

Quote:

Originally Posted by for_cars1 (Post 4226654)
2017 Dzire/Swift is not confidence inspiring in the safety aspect with a measly 3 star rating in the NCAP tests and that too tested with 6 airbags and safety pack.
The two airbag India specific car would for sure get zero stars just like the previous version Dzire/Swift

Indians deserve better safety than this and should not be taken for granted.

First of all, thats wrong. IIRC, it scored 3 stars for the base variant and 4 stars for the safety pack variant.

Secondly, the rating is from Euro NCAP which nowadays considers many safety aids like AEB as integral part of the tests. Which are never relevant to Indian market. If you see the AOP scores, it didn't score bad at all compared to earlier versions.

As for the India aspect, I wouldn't jump to a conclusion unless the tests start. Maruti Suzuki was once very bad at this and had openly declared it as well. However, the same company seems to be treading a very careful path now, declaring their vehicles as complaint and also equipping base variants with safety features - probably to avoid any negative publicity once the tests start.

That said, I wouldn't still buy it because the build just "feels" too bad anyways. But I wouldn't call it unsafe just based on the build, till the test results are out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkMar (Post 4226675)

Yes, It's Diesel AMT model. Good to see cab drivers using the automatic model and it's much needed in bangalore traffic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 4226564)
So the LED lamps are much better than the 100/90 setup of the earlier generation, right? Looks way better in the pics.

Yes only after looking at the pictures on the laptop did I realise the low beam LED lamps are better.
Personally I feel the hi beam is still not sufficient, it does not inspire confidence or I am still yet to get used to it.

The ex-showroom price of the top end Dzire ZXI+ AGS variant slashed by 26K in Pune to 8.31 lakhs clap:. Maruti seems to have passed all the post-GST tax benefits to consumers. Not sure whether other manufacturers have done the same, but great job by Maruti.

On a side note prices of S-Cross 1.6 too have come down in the range of 50-100K making it the best and the most exciting VFM car below 15 lakhs. The ex-showroom price in Pune is now just 11.8 lakhs :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djay (Post 4226830)
Maruti seems to have passed all the post-GST tax benefits to consumers. Not sure whether other manufacturers have done the same, but great job by Maruti.

I believe there was a clause in the act that all related benefits need to be passed on to end users. So all companies will need to reduce / increase prices accordingly.

Have spotted a few of the new Dzire's on the road. Being the owner of the previous gen one, I am quite impressed with what Maruti has put together. It actually looks like a sedan now as compared to the confused version which I have. Could be a possible swap in the near future once waiting periods come down (hopefully closer to the festive season).