Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV500 facelift coming, to get power hike. EDIT: Now launched @ Rs 12.32 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/187351-mahindra-xuv500-facelift-coming-get-power-hike-edit-now-launched-rs-12-32-lakhs-57.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BANDHAV (Post 4624878)
I am just not able to feel One with this car. Terrano used to feel like an extension of me. So intuitive to drive, driving this feel line chores. Not enjoying at all.

I had a hell (real hell) of a experience with a Scorpio before. Driving it felt like taking a ride on top of a snake. It does a ‘zig zag movement’ even on good roads. It was my cousins car and I always hated driving that thing. But loved that engine pick up. Mahindra are still not mastered a matured suspension tuning. Had once taken a ride in an XUV500 and thanked god that ride was very short.

I have driven a 110hp Duster extensively, loved it to the core. Bare interiors, less features not withstanding, that ride comfort is on another level. That is the only high GC car which I loved driving, I am basically a sedan person.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wanderingwolf (Post 4624000)
Hi,

The W11 (O) AT AWD model is only on made to order basis and no dealer has it in his inventory....

Regards

Well I was informed about the same at the time of booking with the time period of 1-2 months which was fine with me, but after a month they told me that it was discontinued. I checked the website and it was true that AWD AT (O) was no longer listed and AWD was only given as optional in W11 (o) Manual. I didn't try the customer care though and settled for the W11 AT (O) :Frustrati

Recently while returning to Kolkata from Bhubaneswar, somewhere before reaching Kharagpur, a small cow sitting on the NH, surprised by a truck which drove very close to it, jumped up and hit the left side of the front bumper of my XUV 500. I was driving @ approx. 50 Kmph and I felt a very minor thud sound hence drove on thinking that nothing major had happened. The Cow was allright and walked away.

After few kms i stopped by a road side tea stall and there i noticed that the plastic bumper had cracked, the fog light had broken, the engine cover had come loose. At the Mahindra ASS when the front bumper was opened before the Insurance surveyor, i found that the guard inside had also broken at places, the body panel over the front left tyre had also cracked. The left side headlight was fortunately intact.

I was left wondering with the quality that Mahindra is giving these days. A minor impact with a cow got me a bill of nearly 50k-60k, albeit will be paid by the Insurance Company as i have bumper-to-bumper zero-dep cover.

Got the 2nd free service done for the XUV. Costed me 5317. Paid for the Oil filter and Engine oil, also got the engine shield fitted as the same broke a while back.

My first free service experience at HD Motors, Tumkur was pleasant, drove the car from Bangalore to Tumkur to reach the 1000km mark. I dropped the vehicle at 12:00 noon, service bay was crowded. The service advisor asked me to wait till 4:30pm. I had one issue about vibrating steering post 80 kmph, looks like it has been fixed. The initial mileage seems to be 12-13 kmpl.

Third free service done @10000 kms. Only HVAC filter replaced. One can get the cost estimation through "With you Hamesha" app. Paid 1170 in total.

The cow walked away precisely because your car took the hit. I'll anyday prefer a damaged car that can be repaired Vs a badly hurt animal/human coz of my car's impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4644209)

I was left wondering with the quality that Mahindra is giving these days. A minor impact with a cow got me a bill of nearly 50k-60k, albeit will be paid by the Insurance Company as i have bumper-to-bumper zero-dep cover.

Maybe speed had something to do with it? A friend of mine was travelling to Mahabaleshwar in his Vento (MPI) some years ago. He was doing a decent 80-90 kph and out of nowhere, a large goat jumped out of the thick bushes along the divider. The impact on the goat was catastrophic, but the only damage to the car was a misaligned front bumper, and a crack near the grill. Its a different matter that after my friend stopped to check the car for damage a few hundred metres away, another person (kind soul) came by and asked him to move on urgently, as the owner of the goat may come up to harass for compensation. Needless to say, my friend complied forthwith.
Perhaps a higher speed would have minimised the damage to some extent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dieselritzer (Post 4721991)
The cow walked away precisely because your car took the hit. I'll anyday prefer a damaged car that can be repaired Vs a badly hurt animal/human coz of my car's impact.

The question of preference does not arise here as nobody in his right mind would want to hurt a cow or for that matter any animal.

My question was towards the quality of the car material which took the impact. I know the strength of the impact because I was sitting inside the car and all I could hear is a minor thud. But the damage that was caused was much much higher compared to the impact.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaurabhB (Post 4722083)
My question was towards the quality of the car material which took the impact. I know the strength of the impact because I was sitting inside the car and all I could hear is a minor thud. But the damage that was caused was much much higher compared to the impact.

Don't worry. Any well designed car would behave this way in that scenario. We are talking about anything between 2 to 3 tons colliding with each other. The impact cannot be "minor" unless the car is at <10 kmph, while it may have seemed so.

Also - the bumper and all parts inside it, are designed to absorb as much energy as possible on impact - even breaking in doing so. This ensures minimal harm reaches the cabin or the thing that takes the impact (Cow in your case, but pedestrians and other items on street as well). I think what you saw is an expected outcome & nothing to be skeptical about the build quality as such. :)

This looks like stop gap arrangement until they launch the new XUV500. But isn't this damaging the appeal of the XUV500 in the market? It is one of best diesel automatics in the segment and it is peppy to drive. I have a plush AWD AT and my friends purchased the AT as well.

Hello Folks,
I am currently looking to replace my 2015 VW polo 1.5 with the XUV. I wanted the Hexa, visited Sagar Motors, Noida yesterday but the dealership experience was too embarrassing.

Fun Fact; I had never visited Tata showroom ever, as i had a perception their staff does not treat customers properly! Dang it.

I have been offered a W5 at 14,40,000 & W7 at 15,80,000. Does it sound like a good deal & does it make sense to buy the W7 over W5?

You guys are the Best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkathy23 (Post 4753001)
I have been offered a W5 at 14,40,000 & W7 at 15,80,000. Does it sound like a good deal & does it make sense to buy the W7 over W5?

In my personal opinion, the W9 has a critical safety feature which is missing from the W7 and lower -- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation. Since you are used to driving a Polo which handles well, moving to a large vehicle like the XUV500 will require special attention to handling. ESP also gives you a bit of traction control for the two wheels in front. Then again, people have been driving without these aids for a while.

Here is an old video that explains ESP. video

Quote:

Originally Posted by adamkathy23 (Post 4753001)

Yes, W7 interior looks way better than that of W5. The camel color interior upholstery, touch screen entertainment system, auto headlamps, rain sensing wipers etc make W7 a fantastic VFM proposition.

You can surely get a better deal. Involve multiple dealerships, push harder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohaak (Post 4753016)
In my personal opinion, the W9 has a critical safety feature which is missing from the W7 and lower -- Electronic Stability Program (ESP) with Rollover Mitigation. Since you are used to driving a Polo which handles well, moving to a large vehicle like the XUV500 will require special attention to handling. ESP also gives you a bit of traction control for the two wheels in front. Then again, people have been driving without these aids for a while.

Here is an old video that explains ESP. video

W7 AT has the ESP, but I think it is missing in W7 manual. Go for W7 comapred to W5.