Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2017, 18:51   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.Narayan View Post
This car is mouth watering delicious. What handsome looks - better even than the S.90. Good for Volvo. As an aside - when OEMs sell to celebrities do they sell at a discount? - give it free or demand & receive the full price. Now I will ask my kids to educate me on Mr Hooda. Must be a sensible man if he is endorsing a Volvo.
Believe me, it is a great package

Celebrities normally get major discounts due to a visibility 30-40% depending on whether the brand needs the celebrity or vice versa! I understand that in the case of Mr T who likes all things free or "duty" free, he has a contract with BMW to appear only in public driving a BMW, he gets a free run on any BMW he likes.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 11:34   #17
Senior - BHPian

Volvo V90 Cross Country launched at Rs.60 lakh

Volvo has launched the V90 Cross Country in India at a price of Rs. 60 lakh (ex-showroom India). The new model slots in between the S90 sedan and XC90.

Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh-v90crosscountrygallery10.jpg

Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh-v2.jpg

The styling of the V90 Cross Country is based on Volvo's latest design language featuring an upright grille and hammer shaped LED daytime running lights. The overall shape of the vehicle is derived from an estate/ station wagon which is quite evident when viewed in profile. It measures 4,938 mm in length with a maximum ground clearance of 210 mm. This being the Cross Country version, it gets cladding around the wheel arches, bumpers and sills for added protection.

Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh-v3.jpg

Inside, you get a 12.3-inch driver display, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment screen with Sensus navigation, hill descent control, 4-zone automatic climate control, heads-up display, hands free power tail gate, rain sensing wipers, Nappa leather upholstery, memory function for driver and passenger seats and a panoramic sunroof. 560 liters of boot space can be expanded to 1526 liters with the rear seats folded.

Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh-v4.jpg

The V90 Cross Country is a crossover variant of the V90 estate and shares its underpinnings with the S90 sedan. It uses the same 2.0-liter diesel engine from the S90, albeit with more power. The twin-turbocharged D5 unit puts out 232 BHP and 480 Nm of torque. Power is sent to all four wheels via an 8-speed automatic transmission and a Haldex AWD system.

Drivers can select from 4 driving modes - Eco, Comfort, Dynamic and Off-road. Additionally, it comes with an active chassis and rear air suspension as standard. Being a Volvo, it also comes with a host of active and passive occupant safety systems such as adaptive cruise control, collision warning with emergency brake assist, lane-keeping aid, and Park Pilot Assist, rear collision warning, blind spot detection, etc.

The V90 Cross Country will be available in 7 colour options - Crystal White Metallic, Bright Silver Metallic, Magic Blue Metallic, Osmium Grey Metallic, Onyx Black Metallic, Havana Maple Brown Metallic and Magic Blue Metallic.

Last edited by Aditya : 17th July 2017 at 17:15.
TusharK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 11:52   #18
BHPian

Re: Volvo V90 Cross Country launched at Rs.60 lakh

Correct me if I am missing something, but why does V90 cross country costs less compared to XC90 in India?

Indian Prices:
XC90: 70 lakhs +
V90 cross country: 60 lakhs.

USA Prices:
XC90: $45,750
V90 cross country: $55,300
sri_tesla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 12:26   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
Correct me if I am missing something, but why does V90 cross country costs less compared to XC90 in India?

Indian Prices:
XC90: 70 lakhs +
V90 cross country: 60 lakhs.

USA Prices:
XC90: $45,750
V90 cross country: $55,300
Two reasons, the XC90 price is without options, wagons are sold fully loaded in the Inscription trim, the base XC90 will be the equivalent of the corporate edition.

There is also a light truck tax reduction which puts 4 wheel drive SUVs in a lower tax bracket. This again might not apply for V90 though.
avira_tk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 13:38   #20
BHPian

The price is good. Reviews seem really good too. Volvo's build quality is second to none and they have the nicest interiors.

210mm ground clearance with All wheel drive and Volvo's level of safety make it look like a sure-shot winner.

2 factors working against it are Volvo's poor network and the poor market for estates in India. Let's hope it does well.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2017, 12:16   #21
BHPian

Re: Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh

This is an awesome car - ticks almost all the boxes - if only available at a more decent price though - , Well we can't ask for everything.

Great looks, feature packed, maximum safety, high power , AWD capability -

If only I have the money to buy, this would be the car
Old 14th July 2017, 13:06   #22
BHPian

If this doesn't bring back the market for estates in India, I don't know what will.

I have always loved estates and this one is such a looker. I do hope Jag sees this and brings the XF Sportbrake to India.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:30   #23
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Very classy - this just came in. A rakhi on the V90 Cross Country's grille:
Volvo V90 Cross Country spotted in Mangalore. EDIT: Launched at Rs. 60 lakh-unnamed-1.jpg
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 12:03   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Volvo V90 Estate 2018 in-depth review !

Mod Note: Our Volvo V90 Cross Country Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

Last edited by Aditya : 15th September 2017 at 10:27.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks