Team-BHP - A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188824-close-look-2017-skoda-octavia-facelift-hands-free-parking-15.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4278568)
I am seriously considering the hyundai tucson. It's a shame really from skoda. Their lies and deceit will never change.

It's a shame you have to choose a Hyundai over a Skoda. But I thought you wanted to go for the Elantra instead. I'd choose an Elantra over a Tucson any day. I think it's more dynamic. Jeep also is good. Dunno about it's deliveries though.... Not much interesting choices in the Day segment these days. That Civic should have been here....

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4278568)
I am seriously considering the hyundai tucson. It's a shame really from skoda. Their lies and deceit will never change.

Could you post the dealership and the person you are interacting with along with you contact details. Let me put you in touch with someone at the Co directly.

Dont buy a Hyundai over a Skoda, definitely not worth it.

I have sent u a pm @ ndevnath.

@pixantz, yes I wanted to buy the Elantra but then wife prefers an SUV if not the octavia. I drove the Tucson yesterday and quite honestly I like it a lot. So did the wife. My skoda dealer has said he will give us an update on the 5th for the car. I will decide on that day what I want to do. I feel really pained with the attitude of skoda. I should have listened to all my friends, they all warned me about presales, after sales and service. I guess I should have listened. Skoda has made no effort to change anything.

Hey, haven't received it, can you send me an email to n.devdath@gmail.com please?

Crazy, crazy day.

Around 11:00 AM, the SA from JMD Skoda calls me. Tells me that the allotment letter for next lot is expected by today evening, and my car is going to be in this lot. Also tells me to keep the amount ready for delivery by next week.

I'm elated! 2 months of waiting and finally I get my Octy. Right?

NO

11:30 AM - The SA calls me again, "Sir, I have Mr. Sagar, the ASM from Skoda on the line. I'll connect you in conference."
ASM: "Sir, I rechecked the allotments in October. They're all diesels. Your car will come only in November."
Me: :eek: "But half an hour ago your dealer confirmed delivery by next week!"
ASM: "I don't know about that, sir, but this is directly from Skoda."
Me: "So, when in November is it expected?"
ASM: "I cannot commit a date. The CKD kits come from Hungary and Czech Republic. They'll come by November 1st week. Only then can we confirm a date. Since you've already waited for 2 months, I would suggest that you wait for one more month."

So, the total lead time on the vehicle is going to be more than 3 months!! That too, it may get delayed beyond November and even Skoda doesn't have visibility when that happens!!

Surprised with the callous attitude on display by Skoda. Such poor supply chain skills would put any decent organisation to shame!

Wondering about other options now - the A3, CLA, CRV, Tucson? :Frustrati

Petrol tucson is base model. High end available only on diesel. Today will TD elantra, if wife likes the car will cancel octavia and book the elantra top spec petrol auto.

Can't give a damn about skoda now. I will take to all social media and post the truth about these jokers online.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4282646)
Petrol tucson is base model. High end available only on diesel. Today will TD elantra, if wife likes the car will cancel octavia and book the elantra top spec petrol auto.

Can't give a damn about skoda now. I will take to all social media and post the truth about these jokers online.

:OT: Guys, pls check with the Hyundai dealer on the Petrol Tucson. The brochure on their official Hyundai India website confirms the presence of a Petrol GLS AT.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-imageuploadedbyteambhp1507343899.112466.jpg

Quote:

The Elantra will save you close to ₹6 lacs over the Octavia if I'm not mistaken, right?
A colleague who recently bought the Elantra told me the Octavia was his first choice but he bought the Elantra instead because of long lead times from Skoda.

While I don't actually mind waiting one more month, what worries me is Skoda's attitude of keeping customers hanging. Tomorrow, if my car needs some replacement part, what's the guarantee that it'll not take similar lead times? 3 months in the workshop for a part replacement could very well be a reality, given how poorly Skoda manages their supply chain!

Quote:

Skoda,you have 2 customers waiting to pay but you cant deliver the car or provide an accurate communication about delivery dates :Frustrati

The Tucson website(features section) now has the petrol in GLS variant i.e the top trim.This was updated after they came out with the AWD yesterday.However,Diesel 2WD is not available in GLS anymore,you only get 4WD.

Although,when you go to the price section,you see the highest petrol variant as GL and not GLS.Come on Hyundai,dont confuse us anymore.

Hey guys,

Just a suggestion

If you can, please do wait for the delivery. As Elantra, Tucson etc are not even a patch on Octavia.

I bought 1.8 TSI style plus couple of months back, ON road price about 24.10 Lacs.

Did have one run in with the dealership on navigation card but one phone call to co customer care sorted it.

I can tell you I am in crazy love with the car because it's that good
Lemme tell you I don't get swayed easy

The L&k variant would be better. Just have patience and bear it.

Trust me it's better to rue now then they rue for next five years

It's about the attitude of skoda. Nothing at all to do with the car. The car is miles ahead of the elantra. However the attitude of skoda is found wanting. I drive the elantra yesterday and booked it. Doesn't matter to me as I change cars every two or three years.
The guys who came with the TD for the tucson and elantra were miles ahead of any skoda dealer. That's what I want. Skoda isn't doin me any favours by keeping me in the dark. Their policies and sales etc are terrible. Such a good car but such shameful attitude.

Anyways I have written to skoda. Expecting a reply tomorrow. If it's favourable I will wait, else the elantra in blue is already booked.

I've driven the new Elantra and it's damn good. Honestly, considering my own experience with Skoda, if I had to buy a car other than the vRS, I would buy the Elantra. It may not be fast or dynamically fun, but it's a very capable touring car and Hyundai's service network will not let you down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhr.manish (Post 4283028)
Hey guys,

Just a suggestion

If you can, please do wait for the delivery. As Elantra, Tucson etc are not even a patch on Octavia.

I bought 1.8 TSI style plus couple of months back, ON road price about 24.10 Lacs.

Did have one run in with the dealership on navigation card but one phone call to co customer care sorted it.

I can tell you I am in crazy love with the car because it's that good
Lemme tell you I don't get swayed easy

The L&k variant would be better. Just have patience and bear it.

Trust me it's better to rue now then they rue for next five years

Your ownership experience is a combination of how your car performs as well as the service experience.

At the end of the day,everyone wants a hassle free experience and this is where Skoda is found wanting.What if the car has issues?Will this be lying in the workshop for 2-3 months?If this is the experience when you have not even bought the car,I shudder to think what would happen post buying the car?

OT - I have TD-ed both the Tucson and the Octavia,dont really agree that Octavia is miles ahead of the Tucson though.I found there is more power in the Tucson esp when you drive in the sports mode.Thats my personal opinion.

Test drove the A3. Nothing but a glorified Vento. Was an absolute crap car, especially the suspension.
Looking at the above reviews, I am planning to check out the Tucson now.

My issue is not the long lead time for the vehicle. I shudder to think what would happen if I need some spare part tomorrow and that takes three months? Am I to leave my 27 lac car in the workshop for 3 - 4 months while I wait for the spare parts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4283118)
It's about the attitude of skoda. Nothing at all to do with the car. The car is miles ahead of the elantra. However the attitude of skoda is found wanting. I drive the elantra yesterday and booked it. Doesn't matter to me as I change cars every two or three years.
The guys who came with the TD for the tucson and elantra were miles ahead of any skoda dealer. That's what I want. Skoda isn't doin me any favours by keeping me in the dark. Their policies and sales etc are terrible. Such a good car but such shameful attitude.

Anyways I have written to skoda. Expecting a reply tomorrow. If it's favourable I will wait, else the elantra in blue is already booked.

Lets look at it from another perspective which might ease the waiting gripes all folks are experiencing currently.

All vehicles which are in demand have uncomfortable waiting periods in the country currently right from the cheap " national car" Maruti, or Hyundai, or any other whichever is in demand. So Skoda folks are not alone in this. It's not really unique to Skoda.

The price of the car also is irrelevant here so if you're waiting on a 10 lac Brezza or a 30 lac vRS, you're waiting for something you believe in and chose to purchase and hence should bear it out. I think some Maruti models have much more waiting times than Skoda.

So even if one thinks, "hey, but I'm paying 3 million bucks, why should I wait!?" Well, it doesn't work that way. Apparently. The Skodas are in demand and hence there is a waiting period. In a way that puts your choice of car in good light. You're not waiting on a dud.

Moral of the story: YOU ARE NOT ALONE :p It's happening to everyone.

Just my two cents.