Team-BHP - A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188824-close-look-2017-skoda-octavia-facelift-hands-free-parking-20.html)

Ok thanks for that. Just wanted to know if it's still legal to put these films? Or what is the legal limit for them? I don't want some cop tearing down my Windows just for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4313811)
Ok thanks for that. Just wanted to know if it's still legal to put these films? Or what is the legal limit for them? I don't want some cop tearing down my Windows just for this.

The films are still illegal, but a lot of cars are now using the film. The cars with beige interiors have an advantage as the films will be harder to spot. I am using CR90 on my cars and it is very very difficult to spot the film.

So it seems my Octavia is finally allotted. Delivery expected by next week. With the Skoda experience so far, I'd wait to see the actual vehicle before celebrating.

Friends,
I booked the 1.8 Style variant on Oct4th with Vinayak skoda. No concrete updates on the delivery forecast but got calls in between "Sir there is a white one available , if you OK it then we will process" I have said No and told them either I will stick to colour I ordered ( Quartz grey) or at most can settle to Black. Wait continues ...

There is a news that all Skoda cars price are going to increase by 2-3% from Jan 2018.

Finally, got the 'soft delivery' of my Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K - soft, because the registration will take another 5 days and actual delivery can happen only after registration.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-key-handing-over.jpg
Wifey and the li'l one inside her taking the keys from our SA

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-octavia-front.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-octavia-rear.jpg

Quartz Grey in all its glory

Now, to clarify on certain points about the L&K:

1. There are L&K branded front door sill protectors with Aluminium finish

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-door-sill-protector.jpg

2. There's L&K Badging on the door trim

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-lk-bading-door.jpg

3. Yet more L&K Badging on the Front Quarter Panel

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-lk-badging-quarterpanel.jpg

4. The most important one - this is the Canton subwoofer in the boot.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-canton-subwoofer.jpg

Detailed review coming up once I get the vehicle in hand.

@krishnadevjs How much did it cost you on road ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 4323795)
Finally, got the 'soft delivery' of my Octavia 1.8 TSI L&K - soft, because the registration will take another 5 days and actual delivery can happen only after registration.

Attachment 1706667
Wifey and the li'l one inside her taking the keys from our SA

Attachment 1706673

Attachment 1706674

Quartz Grey in all its glory

Now, to clarify on certain points about the L&K:

Congratulations, beautiful car. Let me assure you, you will never get enough of it.
Your dealership can give you a temp regn no and you can drive around. That's what we did.
Happy motoring clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhr.manish (Post 4323956)
Congrarulations, beautiful car. Let me assure you, you will never get enough of it.
Your dealership can give you a temp regn no and you can drive around. That's what we did.
Happy motoring clap:

Thank you! The only reason I stuck with Skoda and JMD was that there was no car better than this in a 10 lac price range. So, hope it'll be as great as I expect it to be.

Didn't opt for the temp reg option as that'd mean I'd have to give the car back for inspection. Would prefer to get everything completed by the dealer itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigadier (Post 4323925)
@krishnadevjs How much did it cost you on road ?

Price breakup as below:

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-price.jpg

Has anyone tried using skoda smartgate for their car? On the android play store it says this app is not available in your country.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derek (Post 4327108)
Has anyone tried using skoda smartgate for their car? On the android play store it says this app is not available in your country.

I was exploring buying it on one of my EU visits.

But Skoda dealers in BLR point blank refused to install it even though it is almost a plug-and-play component. They also said warranty will get affected if any electrical errors come up later.

Dropped the idea!

Happy new year everyone!

A question for those more experienced than me.. My SA tells me that any price increase will be borne by me inspite of the fact that I booked in October. Is this accurate? What's the standard practice in the industry?

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieG (Post 4331673)
Happy new year everyone!

A question for those more experienced than me.. My SA tells me that any price increase will be borne by me inspite of the fact that I booked in October. Is this accurate? What's the standard practice in the industry?

Yes that is the standard practice, any change in price during delivery is to be borne by buyer

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4327132)
I was exploring buying it on one of my EU visits.

But Skoda dealers in BLR point blank refused to install it even though it is almost a plug-and-play component. They also said warranty will get affected if any electrical errors come up later.

Dropped the idea!

Why do you need service centre help for installing the smartgate. Isnt this just and OBDII device like Honda Connect that you plug into your OBDII port ?

With respect to the application you should be able to side load it by downloading the application APK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 4323994)
Thank you! The only reason I stuck with Skoda and JMD was that there was no car better than this in a 10 lac price range. So, hope it'll be as great as I expect it to be.

Didn't opt for the temp reg option as that'd mean I'd have to give the car back for inspection. Would prefer to get everything completed by the dealer itself.

Price breakup as below:

Attachment 1706759

What is the AMC component mentioned in the pricing ??