Team-BHP - A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/188824-close-look-2017-skoda-octavia-facelift-hands-free-parking-27.html)

The Capuccino beige however is available only on the L & K trims, not on Style. Style is available only in Magic black, Quartz grey and Candy white.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinay23 (Post 4562258)
Another detail which went unnoticed with the latest revision of the model by providing (virtual cockpit) is the addition of an 8-way electronically adjustable passenger seat.

The Style variant also get some useful updates in features(which was in the L&K only earlier). The ones I can remember are,

Electric adjust driver seat (I think it is the 12 way adjust with memory as in L&K, not sure though)
Keyless entry, start stop (KESSY in Skoda terms)
ORVM auto downtilt on engaging reverse gear
Net storage in the parcel shelf
Two foldable baggage hooks in the boot (the style had only one)
With the addition of these features, the Style variant also comes out as very well equipped.
The alloy wheel is the 5 spoke Velorum which is however not very good looking as the 10 spoke Alcatras in L&K

Quote:

Originally Posted by itwasntme (Post 4563783)
Agree :-)

I feel that until the technicians physically open up the container and tally the contents, Skoda India has minimal idea of the specs of the vehicles inside.

Not a great fan personally of the C. Beige or the Nardo Grey but like the constant change. For example, I was sure no facelift Octy came in Rio Red like my 2016 Octy. But saw one last month!

Just to confirm. You saw a Rio Red Facelift Skoda Octavia ? I was under the impression that skoda had discontinued the shade in the facelift.

And, I suppose the next gen octavia would be launched towards the end of this year ? I guess, it would most probably be launched in India sometime in 2020. I read this in the News section of the CarDekho app. I'm surprised that this didn't pop up in our news.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinay23 (Post 4563898)
Just to confirm. You saw a Rio Red Facelift Skoda Octavia ? I was under the impression that skoda had discontinued the shade in the facelift.

And, I suppose the next gen octavia would be launched towards the end of this year ? I guess, it would most probably be launched in India sometime in 2020. I read this in the News section of the CarDekho app. I'm surprised that this didn't pop up in our news.

Skoda Octavia now has virtual cockpit, Hands Free Parking (Pilot Assist), Ambient lighting which is absent in the Superb Style variant MY19. The sportsline variant of both cars gets the RED, Superb is yet to get its upgrade by the end of this year and this makes the octavia have more features than Superb L&K which lacks the virtual cockpit.
Currently stuck at this dilemma on which one to buy.

P.S - First post, so guidance is welcome.

Will the new octavia be with same DSG AT? Why is MT option missing from octavia 1.8 tsi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by avimal (Post 4564450)
Why is MT option missing from octavia 1.8 tsi?

I'm guessing that Skoda is not so confident that you will be able to extract the performance out of the 1.8Tsi the way the DSG does or is not so keen on pairing it with a manual for some other issue/drawback.I remember hearing that about another car, don't remember which. These car makers are smarter than you think ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixantz (Post 4564574)
I'm guessing that Skoda is not so confident that you will be able to extract the performance out of the 1.8Tsi the way the DSG does or is not so keen on pairing it with a manual for some other issue/drawback.I remember hearing that about another car, don't remember which. These car makers are smarter than you think ;)

I guess it is same 1.8 tsi engine with MT in superb so not sure what could be the reason. MT will reduce cost and increase reliability for many buyers.

I brought home a Skoda Octavia STyle TDI AT on April 1st!!
Today, our resident mod Samurai rounded up me and a fellow member, Manipal (who has recently acquired a new XUV 5OO) for a morning photoshoot. While the professional pics are getting ready, here are a few amateur ones from my side.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0157.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0153.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0154.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0155.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-img20190407wa0156.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 4571265)

Congratulations for the beautiful new car! Wishing you many happy kilometers with it.

Please do post interior shots of the car. Also is this the new revised Style variant with some new features? Please do elaborate on the new features available if it is the updated variant.

Regards
Abhinav

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 (Post 4571279)
Congratulations for the beautiful new car! Wishing you many happy kilometers with it.

Please do post interior shots of the car. Also is this the new revised Style variant with some new features? Please do elaborate on the new features available if it is the updated variant.

Regards
Abhinav

We only did an exterior shot. I will post interior pics maybe tomorrow or so.
I am quoting an earlier post of mine below for the new features in the updated Style variant. In addition to the list below, driver alert also is there. I am yet to figure out all the features. I will try to detail it in an ownership thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 4563826)
The Style variant also get some useful updates in features(which was in the L&K only earlier). The ones I can remember are,

Electric adjust driver seat (I think it is the 12 way adjust with memory as in L&K, not sure though)
Keyless entry, start stop (KESSY in Skoda terms)
ORVM auto downtilt on engaging reverse gear
Net storage in the parcel shelf
Two foldable baggage hooks in the boot (the style had only one)
With the addition of these features, the Style variant also comes out as very well equipped.
The alloy wheel is the 5 spoke Velorum which is however not very good looking as the 10 spoke Alcatras in L&K

Posting some more exterior pics, this time through the experienced eye of our mod Samurai. Thank you very much, Samurai san for the excellent pics and the Sunday morning mini-meet.

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070153.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070162.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070172.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070174.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070176.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070187.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 4571337)
We only did an exterior shot.

I didn't want to do interior shots since I had done it two years when this facelift was launched. First page of this review has all the shots.

My two favorite shots from today were these:

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070154.jpg

A close look: The 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift with hands-free parking-p4070164.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 4571265)

Congratulations on the purchase @Deep Blue and needless to say, the pictures look smashing.

I wanted to ask whether you have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase ? Since it is tied into the insurance from the dealer, were you able to get any discounts and/or NCB adjustments ?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMandarin (Post 4571366)
Congratulations on the purchase @Deep Blue and needless to say, the pictures look smashing.

I wanted to ask whether you have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase ? Since it is tied into the insurance from the dealer, were you able to get any discounts and/or NCB adjustments ?

Thanks

I have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase. I have not sold my old car, so could not claim NCB. No discounts on insurance either. However, I have got about 30000 loyalty discount and 4500 discount on handling charges.
They were giving loyalty discount if any blood relative had any VW group cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Blue (Post 4571400)
I have taken the 5th & 6th year warranty at the time of purchase. I have not sold my old car, so could not claim NCB. No discounts on insurance either. However, I have got about 30000 loyalty discount and 4500 discount on handling charges.
They were giving loyalty discount if any blood relative had any VW group cars.

Thank you for the swift reply. Does this mean that you have purchased the insurance at the retail amount quoted by the dealers ?

I believe that turns out to be close to 2 lakh (140000 + 48000) for the warranty plus zero depreciation cover.

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMandarin (Post 4571410)
Thank you for the swift reply. Does this mean that you have purchased the insurance at the retail amount quoted by the dealers ?

I believe that turns out to be close to 2 lakh (140000 + 48000) for the warranty plus zero depreciation cover.

I bought the insurance at the dealership. My sales advisor offered me a policy from Reliance which costed me Rs 85995. It has motor secure plus add on which covers depreciation, consumables and engine + gearbox protection.
The 5th and 6th year extended warranty was Rs 64888 extra.

However, their official pricelist here in Mangalore shows Skoda shield as as Rs 1,26,531. I thought this was total of insurance + 5th & 6th EW. My SA says it is not so and EW is additional to this amount in which case I have made an additional saving of Rs 40531.

Skoda has arrangements with Reliance, Bajan allianz and one the govt. Insurance companies ( IIRC New India). My SA says Reliance is the cheapest.