Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 12:33   #16
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim

Yes, I am aware of the GTI steering with paddle shifts and after market HU upgrades. But DSG makes it complicated. Having heard all the warnings about DQ200, I will be buying the extended warranty, and won't want to give the dealers/VWASS any reason to deny it. I will mostly be keeping it stock for those 4 years.

By the way, I remember coming across some cautionary posts in one of the other threads about GTI MFSW not being original, even those sold by Vagtune. I don't know how true, but that, along with possible airbag malfunctioning, numbed whatever weak desire I had for upgrading the steering wheel after market.
Old 29th August 2017, 16:32   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Yes, I am aware of the GTI steering with paddle shifts and after market HU upgrades. But DSG makes it complicated. Having heard all the warnings about DQ200, I will be buying the extended warranty, and won't want to give the dealers/VWASS any reason to deny it. I will mostly be keeping it stock for those 4 years.

By the way, I remember coming across some cautionary posts in one of the other threads about GTI MFSW not being original, even those sold by Vagtune. I don't know how true, but that, along with possible airbag malfunctioning, numbed whatever weak desire I had for upgrading the steering wheel after market.
I sourced the wheel from vwrtuning through eBay and I know several others on the forum have done it as well. The wheel seems genuine and I have had absolutely no problems with it - been using it for close to 2 years. The fit, finish and quality seem as good or even better than the one that was originally fit on my car. I know Vagtune charges a big premium - costs 75k (atleast when I was buying it) whereas it cost me around 40k to source it and then another 500 to install. So, this option is better financially and can definitely be explored.

W.r.t. the warranty claims, my DSG had been conking it for a while wherein one of the clutches was malfunctioning (relevant post - Link). Got it replaced with the VW under warranty, although had to push them a bit. However, the change in steering wheel played no part here. No one raised an objection to it and was not referenced during any of the discussions. So, while it still is a risk because different dealers act differently, I have successfully claimed and made a major DSG repair under warranty even with the change in the steering wheel.

Go for the wheel if you really want it, the experience is that much better. Hope this helps, good luck
aditya9567 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 21:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
So, while it still is a risk because different dealers act differently, I have successfully claimed and made a major DSG repair under warranty even with the change in the steering wheel.
Thanks, that's very reassuring to know. Out of curiosity, which dealer was it?
Old 30th August 2017, 06:59   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghatotkatch View Post
Thanks, that's very reassuring to know. Out of curiosity, which dealer was it?
It was VW Palace Cross in Bangalore. The workshop was Hesaraghatta if I'm not mistaken
aditya9567 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 16:29   #20
BHPian

While recently contemplating a car purchase for my friend, we had a look at all major hatchbacks on sale.

I didn't know that Polo Highline plus was such a recent variant until this thread showed up. We took an test drive of the petrol Polo in Highline trim, but they themselves said that they'll bring a newer once since the one we were driving took a lot of beating, was pretty old and may not be in a good tune. In contrast to VW showroom boys' attitude tales heard/read around, this experience was strikingly different, whole 180 degrees apart. They were courteous, let us take a test drive on the 'older' Highline, and the sales guy did a 1.5 hour overtime than the showroom closing time (the owner too went home in the meanwhile) to completely satisfy our queries, including the test drive.

The next day he brought a newer Polo, Highline plus variant to our office for an even longer test drive. The HL plus variant had:
  • Orange contrast seat patterns (couldn't snap a picture),
  • Touchscreen HU,
  • Black interiors, with glossy grey inserts on the ICE console,
  • Leather wrapped steering with Piano Black and chrome inserts
  • 16 inch alloys,
  • no LED headlamps like the vento highline plus,
  • central armrest console,
  • rear AC vent.
  • Rear cup holder (a-La- Vento/Rapid)
  • Black door handles

Test Drive Experience of the Polo Highline Plus: The test drive car had merely 30 kms on the ODO, hence we had a thorough fresh drive of the same. An observation for the Highline Plus compared to Highline was, that the Highline rides considerably better, owing to the 15 inch wheels. Since the VW has a firmer suspension setup, 16 inches were filtering in almost all the thuds of the potholes and breakers into the cabin. Otherwise it had all the positive qualities of the Polo in terms of engine, drive and handling.

Few images shot randomly to do the talking. Please spare the quality.
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-exteriors-16-inch-alloys.jpg
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-exteriors-16-inch-alloys-2.jpg
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-door-handles-glovebox.jpg
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-steering-wheel-chrome-piano-black-inserts.jpg
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-steering-wheel-chrome-piano-black-inserts-2.jpg
Volkswagen launches Polo and Ameo in Highline Plus trim-rear-ac-vent-armrest.jpg

My first hello to the wonderful community. This is my first thread on TBHP. Looking forward to learn and interact
PrasunBannerjee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 13:34   #21
BHPian

What about GT TSI? i was in vapi and saw GT TSI with 16 inch rims and new 6.5 in touchscreen. But mumbai dealer is saying GT TSI comes with 5 inch touchscreen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks