Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2017, 21:45   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop! Production of Abarth Punto resumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you manage to get Abarth Punto? I wanted to know about availability in Karnataka or Kerala.
I had booked a Abarth Punto at Mangaluru on 2nd August 2017. Was initially promised delivery by 15th September. The dealers do not communicate at all. On repeated calls, they pushed delivery deadline to 15th October. Nothing happened. Then I managed to contact the Customer Relations Manager at Fiat. He said production is scheduled for 1st week of November and delivery by 2nd/3rd week of November. Never got any response form Dealer. Absolute silence. I finally cancelled my booking last month.

If the Abarth would have been delivered even by the third month we would have been happy to own one. We had overcome our apprehensions and taken the plunge. But my wife's patience snapped after 100 days and we lost our confidence in the dealership!

Very desirable car unfortunately let down by dealers. It is undoubtedly difficult for Fiat to sustain products that receive such low support in the market. I guess it’s a vicious cycle. Over a period of time, the profitless dealers have become disgruntled and don't care two hoots about customers.
I am now getting stonewalled on refund of booking advance.
cogWheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2017, 21:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
I had booked a Abarth Punto at Mangaluru on 2nd August 2017.
Mangalore dealer is useless. They have even sold Abarth Punto test drive car. The customer went to the showroom for New Abarth punto and the dealer managed to sell him the TD car by giving thick discounts .
Old 8th December 2017, 09:05   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Mangalore dealer is useless. They have even sold Abarth Punto test drive car. The customer went to the showroom for New Abarth punto and the dealer managed to sell him the TD car by giving thick discounts .
I think people at FIAT don't want to sell Cars. The TD ABARTH in Pune, is broken, it pulls to one side, has the engine check light on, engine abused, pracically no turbo - luckily unsellable
Old 8th December 2017, 09:51   #19
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinVirage View Post
I think people at FIAT don't want to sell Cars. The TD ABARTH in Pune, is broken, it pulls to one side, has the engine check light on, engine abused, pracically no turbo - luckily unsellable
The TD Abarth Punto in Pune met with a crash few months ago when an over-enthusiastic driver was test driving the vehicle in narrow lanes. Probably the dealer could not fix it appropriately.

I had a chance to drive the TD vehicle few weeks before it crashed, I must say the car was an instant love-it affair !
//M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks