Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2018, 18:21   #241
BHPian

Re: The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
Motor Octane's Rachit Hirani says the AC throw isn't really great at the back if someone's sitting in the front seats, and that rear AC vents are badly missed.
This gentleman seems to be driving Aspire for the first time and would have completed the review in record time!!

Here is the extract from the Official Review
:
The climate control seems to draw its inspiration from a blast chiller and is an impressively powerful unit. We were driving in temperatures of over 30 degrees in Udaipur and the air-con still ensured that every passenger got a good share of the air flow. Even in the back seat, I could feel the air-con blowing a good amount air towards me. The Aspire doesn't get rear A/C vents, but I can confidently say that you won't feel their absence.
murthy_p is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 18:42   #242
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
This gentleman seems to be driving Aspire for the first time and would have completed the review in record time!!
Cases where there is an embargo like this, many media houses chase after clicks/views, and so rush to be first out of the gate once the embargo is lifted. So you get half-baked and very subjective opinions, as an example pointed out a few posts ago (space in the Aspire). And quite often, none of these reviews are memorable or worth a second look.

That way, I do like the TBHP approach of going away to take the required time before putting out a comprehensive review. I've found it's worth the wait.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 20:51   #243
BHPian

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs

As per the reviews the facelifted Aspire has got a better ride at the cost of handling. I guess Ford has taken one step forward to make it a mass market car. Let's hope a sportier version is also in the pipeline. Or maybe the facelifted figo will have sportier pretentions.

I guess the best updates that Ford has brought to the table with the facelifted Aspire are the bigger wheels/alloys along with the segment best touchscreen. I am anyway not a fan of the auto this and auto that!
Waspune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 21:22   #244
BHPian

Shimogga price list

Onroad price list of Aspire.

The Ford Figo & Aspire Facelifts. EDIT: Aspire launched at Rs 5.55 lakhs-img20181008wa0013.jpg

Brochure:: New_Aspire_Brochure.pdf
KING DYSP is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 16:33   #245

Anyone knows where this launch took place in Delhi?
Old 10th October 2018, 16:48   #246
BHPian

Re: Shimogga price list

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Onroad price list of Aspire.

Attachment 1806114

Brochure:: Attachment 1806118
I can see a petrol 1.5L Aspire Titanium + MT there as well. Is it available?
Nav-i-gator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 17:46   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namit Joshi View Post
Anyone knows where this launch took place in Delhi?
I don't think there was an official launch drive or showcase anywhere apart from the Ford Showrooms, the media showcase and drives were held in Jodhpur
CarLoverJosh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 18:44   #248
BHPian

Re: Shimogga price list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I can see a petrol 1.5L Aspire Titanium + MT there as well. Is it available?
Looks like a typing error. It should be the 1.2L Titanium+ MT.
nikipedia87 is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 20:15   #249
BHPian

One of the most detailed reviews of the Aspire facelift so far. Gagan Choudhary and Amit (aka Ask Carguru) seem to have taken their time to test the cars before coming out with the review, just like we like it here .

nikipedia87 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 23:44   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikipedia87 View Post
One of the most detailed reviews of the Aspire facelift so far. Gagan Choudhary and Amit (aka Ask Carguru) seem to have taken their time to test the cars before.
Wondering how he got to drive the 1.5 AT when nobody else did. Going by his review though, the car should be great to drive. Now, only if Ford could get that engine in a manual
Old 11th October 2018, 06:33   #251
BHPian

Happened to test drive Aspire, and below is my small note.
Let me start with the test drive of this Petrol Engine (1.2 Manual transmission) to test the low range. We started the test drive from a slop which is a good steep and every day I see at least couple of drivers make their vehicle to start again to climb the slope. This car with A/C on, pulled up nicely.

The first test which I wanted to do about the fuel efficiency. We took the car to ORR, and started driving at a speed of 70-80 KMPH. At the end of 23 KM, it gave us a figure of 23.6 KMPL. I was surprised. This is a 1016 KG car, that signifies this mileage figure. (For comparison, Dzire is 875 KG and Amaze is 924 KG)

The next validation we wanted to try out was the driveability. The car can easily pull from less than 10KMPH in second gear, which means driving in city will be a smooth affair for you. The gear range is also very nice, all the way from 10KMPH to triple digit speeds, the engine was not touching the redlines. After 4000 RPM, the engine noise is clearly audible, but the sound is not alarming . But I found the handling is better in FreeStyle. In 5th gear, the pulling gets plateaued earlier compared to Freestlye. But for a normal, highway user it gives enough from the engine. The ride and handling of the car is also good at higher speeds. With a strong midrange overtaking on highways will be very easy. In the spirited driving also, it gave me a mileage of 16 KMPL.

The NVH levels are great.

After the Expressway test, we took the car to check, how it absorbs the potholes. The car behaved well. The big potholes were absorbed without any issues.

I am 6’3” and with the front seat is very comfortable and the head room was more than enough. There was a 4 inch gap between my head and the roof.

When I adjusted the driver seat for my convenience, I checked the rear space and it was decent for my height. If I stretch my leg, then it was touching on the bottom of the front seat. The head room was also good in the rear for me. Now coming to the width of the rear seat there is an improvement. I am 88KG and almost similar built 2 more persons can sit in 3rd seat, but not lavishly. The shoulder room is ok.

The infotainment system is the same that does the duty in FreeStyle, so I rate it as decent which does the duty. As earlier the voice recognition, the touch response and the sharpness of the display are the talking points.

The A/C is very good. Currently, Hyderabad is going through a very dry climate and the cabin got cooled down in very short span of time (including the rear area)

Now let’s come to the point where I felt it could have been better
Keyless entry is a big miss.
The leather seats are missing and especially on Titanium+ I can’t put a seat cover. With beige seats, and if you have kids, the seats will become dirty pretty easily.
The DRL’s and Projector headlamps are missing
The loading bay in the boot can be lowered a little bit for easy lifting of luggage.
The rear seat if the person sitting in the middle is a 6+ feet person, then the head room is very limited. This is mainly because of the high mounted stop lamp.

To conclude, this is clearly bringing up the Value for Money quotient for compact segment buyers. With such a superb mileage, 5 years standard warranty and just 38000 INR is needed to maintain it for 10 years. So overall, I feel at this price point this is a blind buy, it gives you economical run, peace of mind and the safety as well.
anumod is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 09:13   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Wondering how he got to drive the 1.5 AT when nobody else did.
He probably drove it at a showroom and added his feedback into this review. He's seen fiddling with the auto gearbox, so suffice to say Ford must have instructed all these guys not to put out reviews/footages of the automatic even if they get to drive it outside (for whatever reasons). That Autoportal guy also claimed to have driven the 1.5 AT.

Quote:
Going by his review though, the car should be great to drive. Now, only if Ford could get that engine in a manual
Absolutely. There's also a good enough gap between the 1.2 Titanium+ and the 1.5 Titanium AT to slot in a 1.5 Titanium Manual, say at around 8 lacs. But I guess Ford doesn't see much demand for it, and hence decided to skip it altogether.
nikipedia87 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 13:19   #253
BHPian

Autocar have come out with their review and barring a weak low end for petrol they are in praise for the car. Most importantly the FTD (fun to drive) quotient is back and suspension absorbs bumps nicely.
A little sprucing up of the interiors would have helped the facelift a bit more.

PraNeel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2018, 19:19   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
The last iteration did not use boron steel. I researched it enough and could not find any evidence of boron steel being used. Yes they used high strength steel. There were conclusive reports of boron steel being used in the Ecosport though. Now with a heavier car and boron steel being used, can we expect a 5 star Ncap rating.
1. Can anyone please provide a source or confirm that New Aspire uses Boron steel? I tried my best to find out. Except for a few automotive forums of 2015 had rumours that then newly launched Aspire may have boron steel, I couldn't find any source for New Aspire. There used to be a page on Ford India website about Boron steel. The page is dead now. Please help if its use in New Aspire is true.
https://www.india.ford.com/boron-steel.html

2. Can anyone please confirm if New Aspire has ISOFIX child seat mounts?

3. I have another 3-6 months time to get the car in hand. What would be the earliest time/month to book to get a 2019 Aspire?

Eagerly awaiting TeamBHP review of New Aspire.
(I hope Ford doesn't show cold shoulder this time. Can't forget the EcoSport debacle.)
Old 12th October 2018, 20:18   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Happened to test drive Aspire, and below is my small note.

To conclude, this is clearly bringing up the Value for Money quotient for compact segment buyers. With such a superb mileage, 5 years standard warranty and just 38000 INR is needed to maintain it for 10 years. So overall, I feel at this price point this is a blind buy, it gives you economical run, peace of mind and the safety as well.
Nice review anumond, agree with all your points on the test drive. I did the Aspire petrol test drive last weekend. At this price point this is a very VFM package. In my opinion, the Trend+ is VFM at OTR around 7.5 in Hyderabad.

However, I observed that all the 4 doors are light and doesn't close with assuring thud. There is a pre-face lift Aspire in the showroom. The doors in that car felt slightly heavier when compared to face-lift version. And the Freestyle's doors are definitely heavier when compared to both old and new Aspire. Did anyone else felt the same with new Aspire's doors ?

Another observation is that on the boot lid, there is some wiring related to remote boot opening (as per SA) which looks ugly. Did any one checked this.

Thanks,
Srinivas. R
sriswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks