Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 11:20   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rumour: Next-gen Nissan Micra coming to India in 2019

So basically, how Renault did a Kaptur of a Captur to create a "Captur", Nissan will create a Mikra from a Micra to create a "Micra"!
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:13   #17
Team-BHP Support

Given their dire India sales and penchant for absurd pricing, it'll probably be better economically to sell a handful of their export spec stuff or bring in CBUs, instead of retooling their production lines.

Why bet on the Titanic after it's hit the iceberg?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 12:15   #18
BANNED

Either the morons behind this move haven't seen the Captur sales chart or they want to learn from making the same mistakes themselves . They don't believe in learning from others mistakes I guess. They can come out with a research paper titled " Outcomes of similar strategies by different manufactures in different segments in an emerging automobile market ".
The Rationalist is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2018, 14:06   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The 1.2 petrol and the 1.5 diesel engines are expected to be carried over from the current car - possibly with improvements in refinement.
These engines are already older for current generation and if they are planning to use them in 2019, then it is going to be a dead on arrival.

They should atleast try to provide the 85 PS tune in the diesel engine considering the new car may compete with the B2 segment hatchbacks.
Old 13th September 2018, 10:13   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

All-New Nissan Micra With bolder design coming in 2019.
Quote:
The India-spec Micra will be based on the localised CMF A+ platform, which will also underpin the next gen Sunny sedan. Additionally, the next Micra will be more powerful than the outgoing model. The vehicle could use Nissan Terrano’s 1.5-litre K9K diesel engine that offers two states of tunes – 84bhp and 108bhp. The gasoline version is likely to receive a 1.2-litre engine, which will be tuned for better performance and efficiency.
Quote:
Transmission options are likely to include a 5-speed manual and a new X-Tronic CVT automatic unit.
Quote:
The India-spec Micra is likely to share design cues from the global hatchback. Based on Nissan’s new design philosophy, the new Micra’s design will radically different from its outgoing model. The new model will receive comprehensive updates in the form of newly styled grille and aggressive styling
Source:
Old 13th September 2018, 10:47   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Somehow, it amazes me why Renault and Nissan simply cannot make their European cars, locally. Am I missing something? VW sold their Polo here, which was on par with the global variant as of last year.. at extremely competitive prices. Although I should also clarify that the next-gen Polo with longer wheelbase and more features will come with a low-cost specific platform under the "developing countries" umbrage.

What is this great mystery when it comes to certain manufacturers, who keep claiming that introducing their new standard global platform in India would not be cost effective? I say bring it on, people are paying about 12 lakhs for hatches, up to 18 for entry SUVs and even motorcycles for 3-4 lakhs. Higher pricing will ensure better quality and lesser purchasing power.. good for the buyer, good for the environment.

If I were Nissan today, I'd lay the groundwork for better sales, marketing and service reputation at present. Fiat tried all their nips and tucks on their cars but met with the fate that was only natural, Nissan is on the same track.
Old 13th September 2018, 23:46   #22
BHPian

I am no expert on car platforms, but whatever I know of it, I don't see how a CMF-A platform is weaker than the ones at Suzuki Hyundai. It's par for the field or horses for courses whatever you choose.

VW /GM/ Ford brought in their global platforms to India in form of Polo/Beat-Cruze/Fiesta, but see its sales charts. Even mighty Toyota faces it's problem in this market had it not been developing-market product like Innova/Fortuner.

The price point and quality sturdiness for the segment is decided by the leader and that is Maruti. As long as Maruti/Hyundai keep making its low standard cars, we Indian consumers should forget about any of the global platform. Global platforms with High Specs are too costly for Indian markets.

In this market I see only TATA making an honest effort to deliver a value for money but still sturdy cars.

Last edited by anu21v : 13th September 2018 at 23:55.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks