Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2017, 22:21   #16
BHPian

Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Nice move by Maruti. An AMT on higher variant should widen its appeal. However, is this car doing well? I mean, I hardly see any Ignises in my town. I have seen same number of Hexas as Ignises, both launched around same time. May be Ignis is eclipsed by its own stablemate Baleno which just shows no sign of abating.

I really struggle to believe that Ignis is selling 4-5k/month. Of course, it's low for a Maruti.

I don't recollect seeing a single Ignis in Chennai and I have been keeping extra attention on the road for the last 6 months during my car shopping period. As all know, you never skip seeing a passing car for its make, brand and variant during this period.

I'm not a strong believer in anecdotal exeriences over data but just expressing my surprise here.
Old 8th August 2017, 09:40   #17
BHPian

I look at the Ignis as a retro, modern rendition of a WagonR/Ritz with all the features that an aspiring young customer looks for. Agreed the price may be a tad higher, but then literally the entire industry is moving a segment up in terms of pricing.

The new Dzire AMT in particular is quite nice to drive in everyday traffic and is quite a convenience. The Ignis too feels the same and is quite convenient. Hardly any competition for AMT/AT hatchbacks.
Old 9th August 2017, 02:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
I really struggle to believe that Ignis is selling 4-5k/month. Of course, it's low for a Maruti.

I don't recollect seeing a single Ignis in Chennai and I have been keeping extra attention on the road for the last 6 months during my car shopping period. As all know, you never skip seeing a passing car for its make, brand and variant during this period.

I'm not a strong believer in anecdotal exeriences over data but just expressing my surprise here.
So, I'm not alone. In fact, I probably saw more Hexas than Ignis. Just didn't want to be machinegunned here by some very vocal bhpians. Couple of my friends said the same. Hardly any Ignises on roads. I was wondering if folks of Vizag city had boycotted this car.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2017, 11:28   #19
BHPian

With the alpha amt launch the car becomes one off the few automatic cars available in top trim with its easy to drive nature and good service backup for the elderly and new drivers especially ladies. From that view point it's a win win situation. I highly recommend it and am sure to book one during this festive season for my better half.
Old 17th April 2018, 05:44   #20
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ignis Alpha AMT launched at Rs. 7.01 lakh

I'm also on a lookout for a second car that both I and my wife can drive especially in the Pune city bumper to bumper traffic. I test drove this and found it to be a very practical option. I did not test drive the Baleno as I'm just not interested (possibly because I've seen a few accident pics exposing its build quality) and moreover, the Ignis currently has 30k discount across all models. There is more than a lakh rupees difference between the zeta (second to top end) and alpha (top end) variants.

For that difference, the accessories that mattered to me were the infotainment system and the projector headlights. The Nexa sales guy offered me to fit a Sony infotainment system with similar features for 30k on the zeta model. He did not have the model number but I assume it was this one? (http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/in...etails_default He wasn't sure about the projector headlights.

I also test drove the Jazz CVT and sure its much smoother and more controlled with the paddle shifters but Honda is probably going to delay the facelift of the Jazz and neither does the WRV CVT seem a possibility (as per the discussion here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...azz-india.html.) The Dzire AMT also felt equally good in traffic. I would wait to test drive the Nexon amt that was showcased today and also the facelifted aspire and Amaze before making a decision for an automatic.

Last edited by ampere : 17th April 2018 at 06:30. Reason: Formatted post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks