Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2017, 22:22   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Way to go Maruti..!!!......
So I say its a good strategy from Maruti.

IMO, the newbies go to Hyundai more cos of their vehicle design n looks. They seem to be more connected to today's youth while Suzuki has not done anything drastic to improve their Alto design for long now.

That said, given that they've the max dealerships among all car manufacturers in India, I'm sure this is not going to hurt them. Only going to add value n money to their already very heavy coffers.
Old 4th September 2017, 08:39   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'

Lets face it, the semi-premium cars today have an ex-showroom price of Rs.10 lakhs+, even then one can hardly call them premium.

To me the real premium begins from D-Segment onwards, and barely.. thus the Jetta, Elantra and Octavia qualify as premium. Maruti having no car in that segment cannot be called premium at all, the S-Cross doesn't cut it either.. this is not to undermine any brand but once you get used to the sound-deadening, ride quality, safety and comfort of a D-Segment car you wouldn't go any lower than that for the next purchase.

This definition is also relaxed from my previous position that only from the Big 3 onwards do cars qualify as premium, but in the recent past the D-Segment cars from ordinary brands have really picked up and have proven their value for money nature.. for example the Jetta is every bit what the A4 is and much cheaper, the Octavia though overpriced today is great value for the space and tech it offers and the Elantra I found infinitely more comfortable to sit in and be driven about than say a F30 3 Series (the BMW has no contest when it comes to driving abilities but due to that the city driving takes a beating).. so you can call this segment overall as premium.

I find this current trend of calling small hatches, large hatches and entry sedans as premium quite misleading.. they are not. No company is exploiting this fact more than Maruti. Lets keep to the facts, if one wants a reliable, comfortable, economical transport then all Marutis pass with flying colours. The showroom refresh is simply a marketing ploy to attract customers and increase sales (not that there's anything wrong with it).
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 00:31   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki launches its new webpage, with the arena concept. So now they have 4 full fledged divisions: Arena, NEXA, Commercial and True Value.

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-capture.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2018, 11:14   #34
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki dealership Shivam Autozone at Chandivali, Mumbai is now converted/upgraded to Arena. It had around 5 cars on display inside. I liked the looks a lot. It looks modern and sophisticated.Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-9c047ef9fe9343729e7f1e6af09b4f6c.jpeg

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-958c9c41ec734732a08d755cb6d43951.jpeg

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-4eaa217e1496451f91b7cf4050ac766d.jpeg
AkMar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2018, 23:01   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Arena conversion is going on at rapid pace, existing leading dealership of Ranchi, M/s Premsons Motor getting renovated:

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-20180827_182801.jpg

While a brand new third dealership is coming, already in Arena format:

Maruti sales outlets to be rebranded as 'Maruti Suzuki Arena'-20180902_065520.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks