Old 21st September 2017, 11:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rumour: Updated Mahindra KUV100, TUV300 coming this month

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Mahindra KUV100 NXT (Facelift) details,

Attachment 1677932

link
Is this the facelift? I thought they were to reduce the creases but this looks exactly like the out-going model?
Old 21st September 2017, 11:15   #17
Senior - BHPian

Adding more and more creases, over styled bumpers to the already ugly KUV, will not help.
They could have simply toned down the styling, straightened up the rear profile, to make it more acceptable to the eyes.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:12   #18
BHPian

This so called facelift shows the vast difference of a good design perception between auto enthusiasts like us and the common Indian buyer. Mahindra is still inclined to give the latter a feeling of pseudo SUV by continuing this ugly silhouette.

Till we get another strong contender in the micro SUV segment, Mahindra will keep launching and getting away with loud and gaudy designs.
Old 21st September 2017, 12:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
This so called facelift shows the vast difference of a good design perception between auto enthusiasts like us and the common Indian buyer. Mahindra is still inclined to give the latter a feeling of pseudo SUV by continuing this ugly silhouette.

Till we get another strong contender in the micro SUV segment, Mahindra will keep launching and getting away with loud and gaudy designs.
Agree on the varied perception between enthusiasts and the typical buyer ( which for the KUV100, I believe is mostly the aspiring Scorpio owner from a Tier 2, 3 town or from the suburbs of a metropolis - maybe I am wrong but I didn't see a lot of KUVs in the core Chennai city area ).

Sample this - The KUV100 has been selling more cars than the well designed Figo. So design is clearly subjective.

Also, now that they have taken the micro SUV look, there is very little M&M could have done in this face lift. They have to live with this till they go for an all new model. I frankly don't think there is such a big segment for a micro SUV and its virtually impossible to make a car look good with SUV like elements within such a small length foot print

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks