Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2006, 20:02   #1

Stolen side mirrors - Covered by insurance?

hi there...i was wondering if anyone can help me with this...i bought a baleno lxi 7 mnths back and yesterday someone stole both the side mirrors...i want to know if they can be claimed in insurance as there is no other scratch on the car...it will be really nice if u guys can help me...

Thanx,

Nav
Old 26th November 2006, 22:21   #2
Senior - BHPian

I am sure theft is covered in any insurance. but you might have to get a FIR first. call your insurance agent immediately & find out.
Old 26th November 2006, 22:25   #3
Senior - BHPian

Maybe considering they are plastic parts, probably covered only for 50%.
Old 26th November 2006, 23:04   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Maybe considering they are plastic parts, probably covered only for 50%.
I just got changed Innova mirror at 50 percent.
So You will get 50 percent of mirrors and total Labour charge.

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Old 27th November 2006, 08:24   #5
Team-BHP Support

Frankly, it is not worth claiming insurance for this. Think of impact on no claims bonus
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2006, 13:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Each ORVM will cost u around 2.2K....If u claim insurance then u will have to pay around 2.5K total....

Check out at Loha mandi Mayapuri or the market behind Jama Masjid u might get used(stolen) ones at throw away prices there...

Last edited by kpzen : 27th November 2006 at 13:44.
Old 27th November 2006, 13:58   #7

I second sandeep108. You should not buy the stolen/used part, asthis will encourage the thiefs.
The ORVM of my Dicor were stolen last month and I'm still driving without those. I'm planning to put digital cameras on each side with 2 small LCDs. I'm looking for some expert in NCR, for this.
Old 27th November 2006, 14:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Each ORVM will cost u around 2.2K....If u claim insurance then u will have to pay around 2.5K total....

Check out at Loha mandi Mayapuri or the market behind Jama Masjid u might get used(stolen) ones at throw away prices there...
or he might end up buying the same ones that were stolen from his car. how would that be ?
Old 27th November 2006, 15:10   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
or he might end up buying the same ones that were stolen from his car. how would that be ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep108 View Post
Then you only encourage them to steal them again!!!
I was just trying to give him an easy way out...Where he'll shell out less money n wont have to face the insurance issues....

Golden rule: Never go in your car to these markets .....
Either park it far off or take other means of transport....
Old 27th November 2006, 17:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

There is really something funny at times in these theft cases. Mostly now in Mumbai there are hardly any cases of ORVM thefts and most dealers are advising against putting any terrible looking 'guards'. But swift OVRM cover panel is in great demand and gets stolen frequently - go figure. Cannot understand what they want with that curved piece of plastic.
Old 17th February 2017, 03:19   #11
BHPian

Skoda Superb wing mirrors full assembly both sides stolen in Delhi.

Hello
Just a few days back I was shocked to see both side view mirrors of my skoda superb with full body were stolen from outside of my residence at pitampura area in Delhi.

Really sad with what happened. I figured skoda sells one side for 32k. I think i ll have to claim my insurance get it fixed I have zero dep cover or If any one can connect me with a local vendor or a website which sells for considerably lesser price. I would not claim insurance in that case. Please let me know.

I would like to warn all Luxury car owners in Delhi of increase in such thefts. Be careful guys.
Old 17th February 2017, 03:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Superb wing mirrors full assembly both sides stolen in Delhi.

You can probably get the assembly from a scrapped skoda from the mayapuri scrap market. If you're (un)lucky you'll probably get your own mirror assembly back as it will inevitably have ended up there.
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 07:24   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hello
Just a few days back I was shocked to see both side view mirrors of my skoda superb with full body were stolen from outside of my residence at pitampura area in Delhi.

Really sad with what happened. I figured skoda sells one side for 32k. I think i ll have to claim my insurance get it fixed I have zero dep cover or If any one can connect me with a local vendor or a website which sells for considerably lesser price. I would not claim insurance in that case. Please let me know.

I would like to warn all Luxury car owners in Delhi of increase in such thefts. Be careful guys.
Since you have Zero Dep Insurance, get it fixed from Skoda. Don't bother with old or local parts.
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 07:41   #14
Team-BHP Support

A relative of an MLA from Delhi [Alka Lamba] Fortuner's both wing mirrors got stolen, twice. SUV is WB registered and is an AT.
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 08:05   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You can probably get the assembly from a scrapped skoda from the mayapuri scrap market. If you're (un)lucky you'll probably get your own mirror assembly back as it will inevitably have ended up there.
And, in addition to what Suresh sir said, please don't go there in your Superb. You may probably loose a couple of other parts too.

Few years ago, my friend parked his Ritz there and went to search for some parts. When he came back, his whole car was missing. All they could find was the battered bodyshell a few days later.

Since you have Zero dep, it would be a better idea to get new parts installed from Skoda. Old parts come with their own set of issues.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 17th February 2017 at 08:06.
Leoshashi is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks