Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 22:36   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs

Big thanks to my birdies for sharing these details on the upcoming Tata Tigor AMT variants!

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-1w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-2w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-3w.jpg

Tata Motors is gearing up to launch the Tata Tigor AMT in the coming weeks. Unlike other similar AMT-equipped cars, the Tigor AMT variants will come with a first-in-segment Sports mode for enhanced performance.

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-4w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-5w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-6w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-7w.jpg

The Tigor AMT will be offered in two petrol variants - XTA & XZA, which will be priced at Rs 5.75 lakhs and Rs 6.22 lakhs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-8w.jpg

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-9w.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (38) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 22:41   #2
BHPian

re: Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs

Great news. Also, I like the way they are specifically targetting and undercutting Dzire - the compact sedan behemoth. Even if they snatch 20% of Dzire sales, it will improve Tata's visibility on the road.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 23:04   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Damn. Just as I was about to pay the booking amount for the Baleno alpha CVT, comes this news. Good thing that Nexa quoted a waiting period of 12 weeks for the car. I hope Tata launches this by then. At that price point it looks like a steal to me.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 23:16   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstop-driver View Post
Great news. Also, I like the way they are specifically targetting and undercutting Dzire - the compact sedan behemoth. Even if they snatch 20% of Dzire sales, it will improve Tata's visibility on the road.
This is exactly the problem - missing the forest for the trees.

Tata car sales will be driven more by establishing reliability and quality and service standards at par with MSIL. That has been their achilles heel. I've been waiting for a day to see similar PPT slides talk about granular execution on service quality improvement, but alas.

Since forever, their cars have provided more upfront value - that is never under question.
phamilyman is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 03:48   #5
Senior - BHPian

How about a Tigor Sport with the 1.5 110 bhp diesel from the Nexon Tata!
extreme_torque is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

This will make it a complete offering in the entry level segment with class leading features and certainly a fresh design inside out.

Tata's should also consider availability of AMT with Tigor diesel to ensure that they have the pole position in terms of features in this segment.

Nonetheless they are coming out of age and are giving right kind of competition in the market; can they compete for no. 2 or no. 3 slot? - They certainly can in the next 4 to 5 years.
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Seems like it has already been launched.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4298074
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:02   #8
Team-BHP Support

Great going, Tata. Pretty good that they're constantly hustling to keep their products relevant and capable of offering something to everything.

Drawing parallels to the DZire is good; but I hope they don't overdo it. They wouldn't want it to end up as the Indigo CS did: a taxi favorite.

Maruti Suzuki can afford to have their best seller as a taxi, Tata has burnt their limbs down that road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
This is exactly the problem - missing the forest for the trees.

Tata car sales will be driven more by establishing reliability and quality and service standards at par with MSIL. That has been their achilles heel. I've been waiting for a day to see similar PPT slides talk about granular execution on service quality improvement, but alas.

Since forever, their cars have provided more upfront value - that is never under question.
Hopefully, that is Phase 2 of the plan.

No doubt, Tata vehicles have always brought something important to the table but nothing in their cars made them be considered a first choice.

With the last few launches, that has been the case.

Getting better cars off the assembly line is in their control; they're doing that. Fixing the dealers isn't entirely in their control; so won't be so easy or quick.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:11   #9
BHPian

This is a good move by Tata. Should give shot in the arm for Tigor sales which have been ignored by the customers. Tata should also introduce the AMT in diesel which is major share of sales I believe.
Old 2nd November 2017, 11:18   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Tigor AMT has been launched. Check prices on the Tigor website.

https://tigor.tatamotors.com/price
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:25   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

RavenAvi: Thanks for sharing! I think you just preponed the launch of the Tigor AMT. Have heard from at least one manufacturer how they pulled ahead the launch of a car because of a scoop / leak.
GTO is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:28   #12
Senior - BHPian

One question related to Tigor AMT. XZ is not the top model of Tigor range. Its the XZ (O).

So is the XZA in reality XZ(O)-A ?

Curious because XZ misses out on many features compared to XZ(O) specially related to infotainment.

P.S. TATA customer care has no idea of Tigor AMT launch. Just checked today morning.
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:35   #13
BHPian

Quick question - When I test the drove the Zest AMT, in the M mode, the gearbox automatically up-shifts when the speed increases and the revs are reached. This is the opposite of Swift AGS where, in the M mode, the gearbox automatically down-shifts if you are slowing down. I found this helpful while descending ghats where in the gearbox will not automatically upshift when the rev increases and I could control the speed.

Does Tigor have the same AMT that has been carried over from Zest?
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
RavenAvi: Thanks for sharing! I think you just preponed the launch of the Tigor AMT. Have heard from at least one manufacturer how they pulled ahead the launch of a car because of a scoop / leak.
GTO, the prices are already listed on the Tigor Web-site. I have provided link here, above. So may be it is a soft-launch ? Though they dont need to do this softly.
Old 2nd November 2017, 14:20   #15
Senior - BHPian

Tata Tigor AMT launched at Rs. 5.75 lakhs

Tata Motors has launched the Tigor AMT in the Indian market. The model will be available in two variants - XTA and XZA priced at Rs. 5.75 lakhs and Rs. 6.22 lakhs respectively (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Scoop! Tata Tigor AMT details revealed. EDIT: Launched at Rs 5.75 lakhs-tigor-amt.jpg

The Tigor AMT in XZA trim gets alloy wheels, projector head lamps with follow me home function and an end-to-end LED high-mounted stop lamp. The interiors are finished in a dual-tone theme and it comes with a Harman infotainment system with 4 speakers and 2 tweeters. The App Suite is standard and consists of turn-by-turn navigation, Juke-Car, Tata smart manual and service connect features. Features like ABS with EBD, rear parking sensors, front fog lamps are standard on both the variants. In the XTA trim, the Tigor AMT misses out on projector lights and instead gets conventional headlights and steel wheels in place of alloys. Driver and passenger side airbags are only available on the XZA trim.

The Tigor AMT is only offered with a petrol engine. The 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder unit is the same engine that powers the Tiago AMT. It produces 84 BHP @ 6,000 rpm and 114 Nm of torque @ 3,500 rpm. The engine is paired with a Magneti Marelli-sourced automated manual gearbox which has four gear positions - Automatic, Neutral, Reverse and Manual. Like the Tiago, the Tigor AMT also comes with three driving modes – City, Eco and Sports and gets a creep function as well.

The Tigor AMT will rival the Maruti Suzuki Dzire with Auto Gear Shift (AGS) in the Indian market.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed