Team-BHP - The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/195210-toyota-yaris-edit-prices-start-rs-8-75-lakh-7.html)

ASk me about Toyota. Just completed 11 years on a 2007 Corolla and still going strong. I may have to give up after 4 more years but I am sure the car wont. Excellent product that has never let me down on the road.

At the time when the previous gen Corolla was launched was it priced at par with the Honda Civic? This might help in speculating if Toyota would price the Yaris along with the Honda City. I hope it does not go beyond 12 to 13 max on road.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar (Post 4368891)
At the time when the previous gen Corolla was launched was it priced at par with the Honda Civic? This might help in speculating if Toyota would price the Yaris along with the Honda City. I hope it does not go beyond 12 to 13 max on road.

Yes when I got my Altis in 2009 it was priced at par with the Civic. I remember paying exactly 13.5 OTR after some minor discounts for the Fully loaded V AT that I still have going strong! Might replace it with the Yaris!

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 4368859)
ASk me about Toyota. Just completed 11 years on a 2007 Corolla and still going strong. I may have to give up after 4 more years but I am sure the car wont. Excellent product that has never let me down on the road.

One more thing about Hondas vs Toyotas? Their ASCs. Having owned both marques I should know. Toyota is light years ahead and I will find it difficult to consider other cars even though that Octavia vRS or a C class/3 series (no Audis for me) continue to tug hard at my heart strings. Can the heart win over the mind at my age? Time will tell. :D

Peace of mind and moderate costs of running and maintaining a car is a very addictive experience. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by R2D2 (Post 4368912)
One more thing about Hondas vs Toyotas? Their ASCs. Having owned both marques I should know. Toyota is light years ahead and I will find it difficult to consider other cars even though that Octavia vRS or a C class/3 series (no Audis for me) continue to tug hard at my heart strings. Can the heart win over the mind at my age? Time will tell. :D

Peace of mind and moderate costs of running and maintaining a car is a very addictive experience. :)

I have a 2015 Honda City and a 2007 Corolla. While Honda's ASC is competent and above average, it is somewhat lagging compared with Toyota. In Dec 2017, I gave my City to Honda for 2.5 year service with request for PUC. The advisor later replied that their machine was out of order and he will get it done after 1-2 days. I called up again and still out of order. On feedback time, I gave 4 out of 10 which set some hearts aflutter but still no success. Finally I had to get a PUC from somewhere. I have never experienced such disdain for our feedback at Toyota.

Yaris official site for India is up. https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/yaris/

Related post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4368836

Is the engine 1.5 petrol and if so what is the BHP/torque.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 4369030)
Is the engine 1.5 petrol and if so what is the BHP/torque.

Yes, Yaris will come with the 1.5 L dual VVT-i engine.
Torque and Power figures for the ones which are sold outside India are 140 Nm @ 4200 rpms and 108 PS @ 6000 rpms.

It'll be mated to 7-speed super-cvti and 6-speed manual transmission.

Toyota to launch Yaris in May 2018

Quote:

The Yaris can be booked from the next month, and in the Toyota's product portfolio, the c-segment sedan is expected to bring volumes to the company.
Quote:

The sedan will be powered by 1.5 litre petrol engine with two gearbox option - six-speed manual and a seven-speed automatic.
ET

Quote:

Originally Posted by amalji (Post 4369183)
Yes, Yaris will come with the 1.5 L dual VVT-i engine.
Torque and Power figures for the ones which are sold outside India are 140 Nm @ 4200 rpms and 108 PS @ 6000 rpms.

It'll be mated to 7-speed super-cvti and 6-speed manual transmission.

Thanks for the details. The figures are quite close to Honda city and knowing Toyota's reliability I am quite sure Yaris is going to be give sleepless nights to City clap:

p.s I am not able to find good English reviews of the Yaris on youtube.

Toyota - Please do not bring this 'Lungi' seat cover in any of the variant. (Pic source: ridebuster.com)

Had a detailed look at the official website and It feels like there will only be one model with all the bells and whistles. Though this might be initial brochure and they will eventually add all the details. But at this moment, all we see is what we already know.

There seems to be a quite lot of segment only features -
  1. VSC
  2. 7 Airbags
  3. Front parking sensors
  4. TPMS
  5. All Wheel Disc brakes
  6. Powered driver's seat
  7. TFT MID

Should definitely push Honda to make the next gen city loaded to the brim. Probably force Hyundai to launch Diesel AT in SX(O) trim to differentiate themselves?

Although C2 Segment sedans are a diminishing breed, I find them to be good value compared to the C-SUVs like Creta

Yaris was previewed yesterday at Bangalore. Did anyone get a chance to visit in person? I had other commitments and could not make it. I also remember reading in news paper that Yaris was showcased on Sunday Soul Sante 2 weeks back.

Today's TOI carries an ad stating the Yaris will be launched end of April and bookings are open.