Team-BHP - The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Toyota Yaris. EDIT: Prices start at Rs. 8.75 lakh (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/195210-toyota-yaris-edit-prices-start-rs-8-75-lakh-40.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by volkman10 (Post 4410985)
Toyota Yaris claims its space in the crowded Sedan segment. Honda City loses out. Maruti Suzuki Ciaz is the king of this segment. Vento and Rapid will find it tough as no face-lifts can rekindle buyers in its current offering.

Attachment 1768786

Source: Auto Punditz

I feel a chunk of Ciaz's sale comes from the commercial sector too as it has become quite a popular choice among the premium fleet operators as well as government officials owing to the Maruti's reliability along with the low price tag.

Secondly, as per what I've noticed, private consumers entering the C Segment are now preferring Verna more lately due to it's overall package and at the price point it is offered in. The car is almost cheaper by 1.5 Lakhs when compared to Yaris VX AT.

Then again, a lot of consumers who has experienced Toyotas before or are owning them loved the Yaris for what it offers as an overall package. Recently, my dad's friend was going gaga over the premium essence of the vehicle.
His words
Quote:

"You kids want a powerful engine with so many fancy features like massager (He meant Verna's Cooling Seats) and LED headlamps, loaded touchscreen audio etc. But this new Toyota offers what we want. It's a no nonsense product which is extremely safe to drive, has a good engine for city purpose. Low power also means better mileage and has all the necessary features in the mid level trims. On top of that just like my Innova I know this car will serve me until I reach my deathbed 10-15 years from now without a hiccup. Toyota cars are an investment for me but you kids won't understand that."
Hence, to sum it up people who already owns a couple of vehicles will end up buying this more instead of first time buyers. It's going to impress a lot of our dads and uncles for it's sporty yet sophisticated kind of design along with the overall package and for such buyers price tag doesn't matters. Initially their choice was City eyes closed, no matter what competition offers but now it has switched to the Yaris owing to the Toyota Brand name. I feel City doesn't have any niche left for itself anymore and I for one prefer the 1.6 of the Verna more than the i-vtec as for the facts how many times do we even redline in the urban hustle?
Verna does everything what City does in a better way. For the brand factor, Toyota indeed has a better value thanks to its expensive portfolio. The budget conscious has Ciaz. Hence, why to spend for City anymore?

Got a chance to drive the VX CVT for a good distance. Here are my impressions.

Engine and transmission:

City driving:

In the city, 'drive' mode is a boon. The creep function moves the car at 5-6 kmph without throttle input. All you need in the city is minimal throttle inputs to potter around. Easy, convenient and peaceful! However, if you're in stand still traffic with the transmission in drive mode, you'll feel some vibrations on the pedal and you know that the car is making efforts to move.

Highway driving:

In a nutshell, drive mode for the city and manual mode with paddle shifters for the highway and ghats!

Exteriors, Interiors, Build quality and features.

Overall, will I buy this? Maybe, but the top variants aren't VFM. The G CVT seems like good VFM for a second car (city runabout) that everyone at home can drive!

Planning to book the G CVT or V CVT by end of this month. Tilting towards V for the alloy wheel and reverse camera . I guess the aftermarket ones would be too much hassle and not worth the hassle considering the warranty issues as well. Any comments on the aftermarket Reverse camera experience will help me between now and end of the month . My dealer in Kerala said the Car is available immediately on paying cash . No booking is required lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revhardy (Post 4416094)
My dealer in Kerala said the Car is available immediately on paying cash . No booking is required lol:

agree: Strangely Nippon did guarantee immediate delivery of V CVT upon receipt of payment to a family friend of mine too !! J CVT and VX CVT are carrying a waiting period. We were only there for enquiry and he did book a Honda City so we didn't ask for further details.
As regarding Alloys and Reverse cam, ask the showroom accessory guys to give you a quote for the same, if the quote is more or less near the difference between variants then go for the V CVT. Else go the accessory way. If it's done from the showroom itself you have very less to worry !

I think better reason for V version is the stock-fitted IR glass, which makes sure that you are protected from the sun as well as cops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ani_meher (Post 4416321)
I think better reason for V version is the stock-fitted IR glass, which makes sure that you are protected from the sun as well as cops.

High Solar Energy Absorbing Front Windshield with Infrared Cut Off is available in all variants. In my opinion, you should go for "V" variant if you are safety conscious as "V" and "VX" variants come with rear disc brakes which are not available in "J" and "G" variants and cannot be fitted as accessory.

IMHO V is better than G, when spending 13 lakhs its ok to expect some premiumness (even alloy wheel is a premium feature in case of Yaris :Frustrati ) , things I like in V are blackened headlamps , all four discs, alloys, cruise control , front sensors and reverse camera.

Mod Note: Our Yaris Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

I was thinking that 'Acoustic & Vibration Control Glass' would start from V version, but apparently it starts at G version itself. So I support the G version too.