Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2006, 20:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fight_club
on this forum where we celebrate true driver cars like festivals their is no mention of this legend and legend it is to me.
This almost brought a tear to my eye.Well said.
Old 1st January 2007, 09:51   #32
Senior - BHPian

well you dont wait for the world to do the work. its already a 3page thread now.
Old 1st January 2007, 10:55   #33
BHPian

That is a well written thought about a good car with bad marketing.
I am extremely impressed with your scrap!!!
Old 1st January 2007, 11:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
nope, fortunately not. do i need to own one to really know how well they support their lovely cars ???
Well! I almost knew it. Just wanted to make sure that it is the case.

Nope, you don't need to own a Fiat car.

Coming back to the topic, I've always liked Cedia (and Lancer earlier). But unfortunately never driven one. Another strange observations is that most Fiat lovers also like Lacer/Cedia and vice versa. I wonder why? May be because bother suffer from same image and similar issues in market.
Old 1st January 2007, 12:13   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
Coming back to the topic, I've always liked Cedia (and Lancer earlier). But unfortunately never driven one. Another strange observations is that most Fiat lovers also like Lacer/Cedia and vice versa. I wonder why? May be because bother suffer from same image and similar issues in market.
Very Right observation!

It is bcoz some of us prefer Ride Comfort, Safety and Performance much more than insisting on Service Centers every street!
Old 1st January 2007, 20:19   #36
BHPian

somehow the cedia does not look as good as the Old Lancer, About the Spares cost- Lancer Maintaince has come down because of Localization of many parts ...Cedia will soon follow..The point here is " Lancer Requires Fewer Spares as it is ".

I have a well maintained SFX-i completing 6 years in March- 68 K reading...!

All I have changed including from my accident was( Times changed Once unless mentioned) : Brake Pads 2 , Axel, Oil(All service),Oil Filter (All service), Coolant 3, Battery 2, Brake Lamp Bulb, 1 Head Lamp Bulb , Wiper Blade 3, Radiator , AC-Fan Motor, AC-Fan Blade, Engine Clutch seal, Clutch Bearing( As a Precautionary Measure),Air Filter, Spark Plug, Tyres,

What else do you want in 6 years..!
Old 1st January 2007, 22:40   #37
Team-BHP Support

Yeah i agree with wolfenstein's point. Does anyone remember that when the lancer came out in 1998 it had the most expensive parts at that time.

It was a deterrent for me when i was considering the lancer as its parts were so high. I still went ahead and bought my sfxi. within 2yrs the costs dropped down.

currently they are 70% cheaper than what they were when the car was launched.

My car's done 65K and its approaching 7 years. My list of parts replacement is smaller than wolfinstein's i need to check up my log to tell all parts but no mechanical or electrical parts have been replaced to date.

Only parts were wiper blades, bulbs, filters, oils, brake pads, tyres, spark plugs, horn and battery twice.

I dont feel like selling the car after 7 yrs only because it hasn't given me a single problem till date.

I'm worried if i get the Civic it may not be the same case.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

well what wolf meant was that though Cedia's parts are expensive right now, it doesnt really need replacements soon and by the time you need replacements they will be cheaper due to localization (which is heavily dependant on the sales of the car). But the sales are not really encouraging enough.
Old 2nd January 2007, 22:59   #39
Team-BHP Support

exactly my point devarshi84. the cars still around a year. you wont need parts right now. by the time the cars older in the market the parts will be cheaper.
Old 3rd January 2007, 01:03   #40
BHPian

Quote:
i own 1.6 sports and would have loved to own cedia, their are certain car which are meant for sheer driving pleasure and will definetly appeal that side of your personality. question is on what basis do you take a decision.

A product like car where service can become important then the cat itself while taking a decision its no surprise to see that both Cedia and Fiat suffer from ghosts of thier own making.

they have brilliant product alright and the products are admired, respected and loved by many but when it comes to making a decision about buying a car i would not lose any respect for a guy who would go for other brands because his concerns about A.S.S, FE etc. are genuine and intelligent.

to some extent its a way of sending right meassage to manufactures that you simply can not think about taking an Indian consumer for ride.

i may be a car freak and do not give much damn to issues like average, costs etc(because my daily run is very low 10 km) and real nuts for driver cars but i certainly do not look down upon many people who purchase vehicles for other needs and do not get to excited about scorchers.

Fiat, hindustan motors have themselves to blame for messing up with such nice products but in a way they and others have learnt their lessons if they are serious about potentially 2nd largest car market in the world.

Last edited by fight_club : 3rd January 2007 at 01:06.
Old 3rd January 2007, 12:14   #41
BHPian

Owning a Lancer i really think Mitsubishi are build to last... I have never had a car for more than 50k but this car is really good. The comfort is excellent with no maintance and its already done 120k. I will not call it a smooth engine but its a hassle free car. I wish they had Cedia in deisel form also.
Old 3rd January 2007, 19:36   #42
BHPian

@ Fightclub..!

HM Mitsubishi A.S.S are very good here in Delhi...I've never had an issue with Excel Motors, always prompt service, Service reminders, Appointment schedules for service slot, Delivery before Committed Time, Almost all parts in stock..except the Side Mirror Assembly..! No extra pushing to replace any parts...the list could go on on..considering that they are also dealership owners of Regent Automobiles ( GM)...They have been giving me heaven like service for the last 6 years...The only mistake is I bought the car from Rajiv Motors- Absolute Chors of the trade...!
But excel has serviced or carried R/R right from the start..!
On the otherhand My friend owns an Ikon Sxi..He bought it from Indus..The dealership closed down, the service was also not so good..even when it was in business..The only dealership is Samara Ford...and come to think of it...He needs to leave the car for service and get it next day...Hell Even Vivek-TATA-Fiat Dealership does not take a day to service my XETA...!
I've Had HM Mitsubishi Expierence at Lucknow also, Only one dealer..but had all parts in stock...My cousin was playing with the Power Window and the glass got stuck down..! was repaired and free wash done in less than 2 hours..!
Choosing the right product is important and so is the After Sales service..But if you're not happy with One A.S.S you could try another..Not all are Bad and Demeaning to the Brand Value of the Product..!
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:25   #43
BHPian

Excellent observation Fightclub. I also was wondering why there are so many Honda lovers and no one really raves about the Lancer/Cedia which is a true driver's car with genuine rally genes. Agree that the HM image, a.s.s. and spares might be a problem, but we can surely rave about INVECS and MIVECS (Mitsubishi Innovative Valve timing & Electronic lift Control system), which I believe are similar to VTEC. In fact the acceleration is much more gradual and refined in INVECS/MIVECS (a brilliant cruiser), which more or less compensates for top-end whack (and top-end whack is not really a criteria for a true driver's car unless you are a born racer).

Ref: MIVEC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Honda's look flimsy in front of a Lancer/Cedia and nothing to beat the high speed handling and stability of the Mitsubishi. The only areas where the Honda has an upper hand is in fuel economy and top-end whack.

I must admit that I've never driven a Lancer/Cedia, but this is my personal impression and I'm more inclined towards cars with rally genes than lightweight speeders. No Honda bashing intended, just curious why Mitsubishi is so under-rated. If only we could forget HM, I guess!
Old 22nd January 2007, 19:38   #44
BHPian

Reviving this thread....After seeing these videos, I think some guys might definitely change their views about the Cedia. Come on guys, it is probably one of the only cars in India sharing a lot of its genetic material with the legend - The Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution - So, to be optimistic, the scope of mods is endless...

Check these videos out.....

Old 27th March 2007, 16:14   #45
Team-BHP Support

Mitsubishi have launched the new Cedia Spirit. This is similar to the sports model albeit the body kit. It has full leather upholstery in beige or black, ABS, EBD, tubeless tyres on alloys 195/60-15, kenwood mp3 player with power antenna now. This is a fully loaded model.

The best part is the onroad price of 9.8L in bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks