Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2006, 13:22   #1
BHPian

Getz-FE

Hi Folks,

I own a Getz GVS model. The FE of the car is only between 9 - 9.5 Kmpl in Mumbai. My drive to office is 16 Km each way, and it takes 35 mins in the morning and 50 minutes in the evening. So its not exactly bumber to bumper traffic that I am driving in.

The car is 1 year old and has covered 10,000 Km with the first 3 services being completed. I thought the FE was on the low side. My expectation is 12 Kmpl or thereabouts as Hyundai has recently been advertising that Getz is also BIG on mileage.

What is the experience of other Getz owners?
Old 26th December 2006, 14:33   #2
BHPian

Friend your apprehensions seem right. Please check the thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...fficiency.html

You can search for getz to see the FE typically seems like 10+ in city.
Old 26th December 2006, 16:29   #3
BHPian

Even i have a getz GLS ....i get an effi. of max 10kmpl in city conditions with AC on. Highways it gives 12.5 -13 kmpl... I havent ever got more than that in 8months of my purchase..
Old 26th December 2006, 17:16   #4
BHPian

I own a 1.5 years old Getz GLS; it had done 32K KMs. I get about 12 KM per lt with AC; and 14-14.5 KM per lt with AC.

\N
Old 27th December 2006, 16:18   #5
BHPian

Getz FE

Thanks guys for your feed-back. I checked the other thread as well and everybody has mentioned FE in the region of 10-12.5.

Infact, I wrote an email to Hyundai and today I got a call from somebody from their Western region asking me to bring the car to their authorised work-shop for a FE test. I repeatedly asked him what the FE should be, but he refused to mention even a range, stating that it depends on many factors...blah....blah.

I am going for a FE test to their workshop on Friday. Lets see what comes out of this. I will post back with an update.
Old 27th December 2006, 17:43   #6
BHPian

My friend was upset about an FE of 10-11 Kmpl for his Getz. He complained to Hyundai and they did some cleaning/adjustments. Last I heard was that he is getting around 12KMPL here in Bangalore (with around 50%AC).
Old 29th December 2006, 13:56   #7
BHPian

An update what happened at the dealer:

As requested by Mr. Nagesh, Customer care Hyundai, I went to Jaybharat today. According to the Manager of the workshop, Mr. Mahesh, 9-9.5 KMPL was a "good" average. Anyway, they agreed to do a test by filling at bunk and re-filling again after a drive. At the pump, after auto-stop, they began to shake the car and wanted to fill petrol till the neck. When I shouted at them for being so crude, they went back to work-shop, emptied some fuel. This time I told them not to fill any more fuel after auto stop. The guy drove around for 11.9 Km, came back and fuel filled with same nozzle. Fuel intake was 1.79L, implying a FE of 6.64 KMPL, which obviously is wrong.

I suggested that I will do a few tankfuls and monitor the FE. The manager has offered to replace the fuel injectors. But, I doubt if it will help. Somebody posted a message earlier about Hyundai remapping the ECU for cars after Jan 06 to give a boost to FE and torque. But both Jaybharat and even Mr. Nagesh from Hyundai pleaded ignorance about any modification made to the ECU by Hyundai.

My only point is Hyundai should not make false claims about the FE of the Getz. The latest commercial states "BIG on mileage", which is definitely not the case. If the FE is low, they should gracefully accept the fact so that customers buy their car with all the facts.

And if they have indeed made any modification in the newer versions of the car which helps increase FE and torque, it should be made available to customers who purchased cars prior to the changes.
Old 29th December 2006, 15:33   #8
Senior - BHPian

If you get more than 9kmpl as FE for Getz thats good average FE for Getz.

Only few reported FE of around 12, I feel these people drive in City where not much traffic jams.

What I heard is Getz FE is 1.5kmpl less than Swift, so FE of Getz should be anything above 9kmpl since Swift average FE for city driving is 10.5kmpl, All the above calculations aprox. 50% AC on.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 29th December 2006, 16:49   #9
Senior - BHPian

A friend of mine at Gurgaon mentioned he too gets around 10kmpl.
Old 29th December 2006, 16:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

My friend who boughta getz around 3-4 months back is getting around13 kpl in Pune city traffic with 50% ac. While my cousin's Getz gives around 10-11 in Mumbai
Old 29th December 2006, 18:22   #11
BHPian

Watch your driving habits

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
An update what happened at the dealer:

And if they have indeed made any modification in the newer versions of the car which helps increase FE and torque, it should be made available to customers who purchased cars prior to the changes.
You have not said much about your driving habits. May be you can follow some tips and see if you can get a better FE. Tips are available almost on every car manufacturer web site and lot of sites like yahoo, ....

Some of them are like: limit your revs, drive in maximum possible gear for each speed, turn off engine at signals, less use of AC, reduce lad carried, proper inflation check every week or so.......
Old 29th December 2006, 18:58   #12
Team-BHP Support

Hey... I guess near 10 kmpl is good figure for the Getz...

One guy i know, (Cant be called exactly a friend) gets around 9-10kmpl... About 2 kmpl less than what my friend gets for the Swift...
Old 29th December 2006, 20:36   #13
Senior - BHPian

Take a look at the Team BHP advice section on how to get good FE. I am sure things will improve with driving style and maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
At the pump, after auto-stop, they began to shake the car and wanted to fill petrol till the neck. When I shouted at them for being so crude, they went back to work-shop, emptied some fuel. This time I told them not to fill any more fuel after auto stop. The guy drove around for 11.9 Km, came back and fuel filled with same nozzle. Fuel intake was 1.79L, implying a FE of 6.64 KMPL, which obviously is wrong.
I can see their strategy, At the first fill they shake the car and fill to the max and at the second tankup they fill normally leading to less fuel intake and more mileage.
Old 29th December 2006, 21:36   #14
BHPian

I get around 11.5-12 with a/c on 50% of the time,so I guess that's the max I can squeeze out of it
Old 30th December 2006, 08:49   #15
BANNED

Hi,

I used to get around 9-10 kmpl in the city(car is as good as sold). 50 % AC, but my driving style was 50 % normal driving and 50% hard driving. Also my car was heavily modded.

Highway efficiency was 14-15 kmpl @ avg speeds of 120km on Expressway.
In a city like Mumbai if you are limited to city traffic without any highway drives or open roads and drive during rush hours you should be very happy if you get around 10kmpl in any car be it a santro or honda city.

Viper

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks