Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2018, 12:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package

Volkswagen has announced extended warranties and a Service Value Package for its new and existing customers.

VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package-extended-warranty-option-service-value-monsoon-season-1.jpg

Volkswagen car owners can avail an extended warranty of up to 3 years over the standard 2 year warranty for a total coverage of 5 years / 1,25,000 km. Owners can also opt for extended warranties of 1 year / 80,000 km and 2 years / 1,00,000 km. These extended warranties can be availed within 2 years of a car's date of sale. The premiums vary depending on the time intervals, which are set at 0-365 days, 366-545 days and 546-730 days.

VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package-extended-warranty-option-service-value-pac....jpg

Volkswagen is also offering a 1 year Service Value Package, which includes facilities such as complementary pick-up and drop with vehicle inspection, engine check-up, special pricing on wheel alignment and balancing, minor body and paint jobs and 3M interior treatment.

VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package-vw-warranty.jpg

Five customers can to win an additional year of service on purchase of the Service Value Package before August 15, 2018. Besides, 1,000 customers across India stand a chance to win gift coupons.

Volkswagen is also a 40-point monsoon check, spare parts and accessories at special prices.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 14th June 2018 at 12:29.
TusharK is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 13:56   #2
BHPian

re: VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package

Anyone buying a DSG VW car should get this one the day of purchase itself. Half a decade of peace of mind from DSG niggles and troubles is worth every penny being charged for these extended warranty plans.
Speedshift is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 14:15   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Anyone buying a DSG VW car should get this one the day of purchase itself. Half a decade of peace of mind from DSG niggles and troubles is worth every penny being charged for these extended warranty plans.
VW has been offering DSG mechatronics part replacement to affected owners who were out of the 2+2 year extended warranty period, on a goodwill basis.

So current DSG-box car owners have not been left high and dry with the expired warranty as an excuse.

Now that the 2+3 year extended warranty is available, over the previously available 2+2 year period, as you rightly said, its a no-brainer.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 14:18   #4
BHPian

Yeah they were doing that but its better to be sure of warranty coverage instead of hoping for goodwill from VW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhisheKulkarni View Post
VW has been offering DSG mechatronics part replacement to affected owners who were out of the 2+2 year extended warranty period, on a goodwill basis.

So current DSG-box car owners have not been left high and dry with the expired warranty as an excuse.

Now that the 2+3 year extended warranty is available, over the previously available 2+2 year period, as you rightly said, its a no-brainer.
Yeah, VW has been quite generous as far as DSG and just out of warranty vehicles are concerned but it's still better to be surely covered than relying on VW's goodwill.

Also, now that there is a 5 year warranty would there be a goodwill repair in the sixth year?

Last edited by GTO : 15th June 2018 at 10:47. Reason: Language
Speedshift is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 14th June 2018, 14:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

As someone with 2+2 warranty , does any one have any information if we can purchase the 5th year alone ?
bottle is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2018, 15:00   #6
BHPian

This is great! I already have the 2+2 year extended warranty for my Ameo. Is there any possible way to get the additional 1 year extended warranty?
Old 14th June 2018, 15:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
This is great! I already have the 2+2 year extended warranty for my Ameo. Is there any possible way to get the additional 1 year extended warranty?
Same query here for my car. Already have 2+2. Spoke to my dealer, they are unaware of the offering. He said he will get back with details.
In the meanwhile anyone can get details as to how to extend 2+2 to 2+3, that'd be great.
Old 14th June 2018, 16:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Same query here for my car. Already have 2+2. Spoke to my dealer, they are unaware of the offering. He said he will get back with details.
In the meanwhile anyone can get details as to how to extend 2+2 to 2+3, that'd be great.
It would be fair to expect that if 2+2 year warranty period is ongoing (and has not expired), they should offer an option to upgrade to 2+3.

I have called my dealer in Pune, they were aware of this offering. The person I spoke with would be getting back to me with information regarding the possibility of an upgrade from 2+2 to 2+3.
AbhisheKulkarni is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th June 2018, 01:08   #9
BHPian

If 2+3 can be upgraded for 2+2 vehicles, this offer is god sent to me. My Jetta DSG will complete 4 years this August.
Old 15th June 2018, 09:01   #10
Senior - BHPian

I think the dealers will insist on taking their overpriced Insurance at the time of purchase as a pre-condition to opt for the extended warranty.
Old 15th June 2018, 10:57   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: VW launches 5-year extended warranty & service package

Always happy to read about extended warranties as I'm a big fan of them. And God knows, VW cars really need that extended coverage . 2 points though:

1. I'm not pleased with the different premium slabs (calculated from date of vehicle sale). The difference is way too steep, going well over 50% in many cases. More than anything, I think that's going to discourage existing owners from buying these packages (I still recommend it though).

2. Why stop at 5 years? Why not 6 years? You are anyway late to the 5-year club, so might as well make it 6 like some other German brands already do. Companies like Honda & Toyota even offer 7 year warranties now!
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2018, 10:23   #12
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Nitish Kelkar for sharing the following information with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
Would like to share the news that the warranty extension (for current owners of VW cars) from 2+2 to 2+3 is being handled on a case to case basis. There is no direct channel setup for the same. Also, the option to extend the warranty for the 5th year is only possible for cars which are still in the manufacturer warranty of 2 years.

Being the owner of a Vento purchased last year (with 4 years extended warranty), I was able to extend my warranty to 5 years by paying the difference amount. The dealer is Vidyut Motors (VW Pune). In my case, the the previous extended warranty of 2 years will be cancelled and a new one for 3 years will be issued. The extended warranty provider is Bajaj Allianz. So I suggest owners to push their dealers to get the 5 years extended warranty from Bajaj Allianz.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 10:04   #13
BHPian

Not sure if its already posted Volkswagen has introduced Add-On warranties of upto 7 years. Here is the link:
vinayrathore is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2018, 11:36   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayrathore View Post
Not sure if its already posted Volkswagen has introduced Add-On warranties of upto 7 years. Here is the link:
That is a very good step. I hope Skoda does it too.

I had availed of Honda Any Time Warranty that covered my car for 7 years, however, nothing went wrong in my car during the 7 year period that required warranty. But it definitely gave me extreme peace of mind.

All manufacturers should have this option.

Rgds
Old 22nd August 2018, 12:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Like many have asked here, the question is what about those who already have a 2+2 year warranty? I have the same on my 2015 Jetta and wouldn't mind taking an extended warranty for another year.

I just called my service centre and they too are not sure about the extended warranty for cars already on the extended warranty program.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks