Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2019, 13:37   #181

how early to change a newly purchased car and move to a higher segment

Hi all,

I have been driving a Tata Zest from 2014 till July 2019 when I started getting bored of the Zest. Having driven it for 85K, also I was worried about the April 2020 BD6 deadline for my existing car. In addition to this the Zest is commonly used as an Ola Cab. I assume the resale will be very low i.e. under 3 Lacs.

Keeping the above in mind, I took delivery of the New Ertiga ZXI automatic purchased at 13 Lacs. Having driven the Ertiga for almost 2000 km in 7 weeks I have now got attracted to the Honda CRV diesel - 2wd with 7 seats. My daily running in Pune is about 45 km with 95 % of the time number of occupants not exceeding 5.

Should I sell my Ertiga and buy the Honda CRV which is now very enticing with the discounts being offered?

Help me out since I am very confused about selling my car which is less than 2000 km driven. I have taken a car loan and I have adequate funds to repay the full loan, but would then take a new loan of 25 Lacs to buy the CRV or sell some shares to purchase the vehicle - just to make a statement that 'I have arrived'.

I drove a friend's CRV and was very impressed with the refinement and way the car drove from Pune to Shirwal.

My dislike of the Ertiga is that pickup is poor and fuel economy is worrisome.

Last edited by navin : 9th October 2019 at 15:25. Reason: several errors - spelling, grammar, formatting.
shetkarisujit is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2019, 17:25   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: how early to change a newly purchased car and move to a higher segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetkarisujit View Post
Hi all,

I have been driving a Tata Zest from 2014 till July 2019 when I started getting bored of the Zest. Having driven it for 85K, also I was worried about the April 2020 BD6 deadline for my existing car. In addition to this the Zest is commonly used as an Ola Cab. I assume the resale will be very low i.e. under 3 Lacs.

Keeping the above in mind, I took delivery of the New Ertiga ZXI automatic purchased at 13 Lacs. Having driven the Ertiga for almost 2000 km in 7 weeks I have now got attracted to the Honda CRV diesel - 2wd with 7 seats. My daily running in Pune is about 45 km with 95 % of the time number of occupants not exceeding 5.

Should I sell my Ertiga and buy the Honda CRV which is now very enticing with the discounts being offered?

Help me out since I am very confused about selling my car which is less than 2000 km driven. I have taken a car loan and I have adequate funds to repay the full loan, but would then take a new loan of 25 Lacs to buy the CRV or sell some shares to purchase the vehicle - just to make a statement that 'I have arrived'.

I drove a friend's CRV and was very impressed with the refinement and way the car drove from Pune to Shirwal.

My dislike of the Ertiga is that pickup is poor and fuel economy is worrisome.
Firstly, there is a misconception that the Zest would have had problems post BS6 implementation. IIRC it has been clarified that existing BS4 vehicles would not have any issues due to the same.
There could be some wear and tear issues due to the low sulphur diesel fuel however which could have impacted maintenance costs in the long run. Hence if buying a new car, especially diesel - I'd recommend waiting for BS6 implementation.

Secondly - this is probably the worst time to sell shares, that too for a depreciating asset like a car.

Thirdly - you would take a hit on the depreciation.
The vehicle may not be fun, and may have higher fuel expenses - but the depreciation hit would easily cover your fuel cost difference for a while!

The CR-V is available for a good deal, but i'd suggest to stick to your new car for a little while because such deals will keep on coming. Rather use the Ertiga and plan for a proper upgrade in a few years, and then too keep an eye out for deals.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks