Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2018, 11:23   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Isuzu MU-X facelift spotted testing. EDIT: Launched @ Rs 26.26 lakhs

A simple check on the pricing of the top end variants of the Fortuner and MU-X puts the price difference at nearly 6 lakhs, at list prices. Assuming no discounts for the Fortuner, and at least a lakh off on the list price for the Isuzu, that's a substantial amount. It works out to nearly 15k a month on a 5 year loan. I think that'll compensate for the resale versus the Fortuner, reliability is just as good.

This still has a chance provided the sales and service network improves. The Isuzu is just as competent mechanically as the Fortuner, perhaps even more capable in this latest version, the Fortuner having been made more road focused. I've seen a few Australian comparisons and this vehicle is a top contender.
avira_tk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 18:32   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
A simple check on the pricing of the top end variants of the Fortuner and MU-X puts the price difference at nearly 6 lakhs, at list prices.
Unfortunately, it does not work that way, else the numbers would have been different.

MUX price in Gurgaon is 28,31 and Fortuner 4x4 Auto 32,97 so the difference is 4,66 Lac that comes about 15 %. I doubt anyone will save that kind of money when shopping in this segment. If Isuzu wants customer from Fortuner/ Endeavour segment then they should have come with their current generation or else priced this old one at less then 25 Lac. At a lower price, it can be an inspirational product for buyers in a segment lower. I drove this for a small drive some months ago and it felt more like V-Cross then say Fortuner or Endeavour.

BTW, there are some good discounts (over 3 Lac- can be negotiated even more) on the outgoing ones besides the 5 Year warranty/ maintenance scheme.

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th October 2018 at 19:01.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2018, 18:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Unfortunately, it does not work that way, else the numbers would have been different.

MUX price in Gurgaon is 28,31 and Fortuner 4x4 Auto 32,97 so the difference is 4,66 Lac that comes about 15 %. I doubt anyone will save that kind of money when shopping in this segment. If Isuzu wants customer from Fortuner/ Endeavour segment then they should have come with their current generation or else priced this old one at less then 25 Lac. At a lower price, it can be an inspirational product for buyers in a segment lower. I drove this for a small drive some months ago and it felt more like V-Cross then say Fortuner or Endeavour.
I should have mentioned the details that the difference is at Bangalore OTR prices, which are 27% over ex-showroom price. A 2 lakh discount, would get a few customers interested, like you said, an aspirational product for those shopping in a segment lower who prize capability and are willing to live with the dated interiors.
Old 19th October 2018, 09:20   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Apart from the 5-speed gearbox its pretty much the same as Australia including the interiors.

Interiors maybe, except for a smaller touch screen which is fine. Besides the 5-Speed check out the engine specs (especially the torque) of the non-indian variants.

Any-ways numbers speak louder than our banter. And it doesn't seem like Isuzu is getting much traction in India.

I have test driven the MU-X and if they offer the same specs as global variants, I would pick it any day over the Endy/Fortuner, but if you still stuck in the 3rd world colonial mindset, forget it.

Last edited by ajmat : 19th October 2018 at 11:46. Reason: fixing quote
4x4addict is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2018, 08:01   #35
BHPian

I feel the new MUX is pretty good value for money. Whilst the engine may not be current generation, it's pretty reliable. All required safety features are there. The interiors now look nice, especially the seats. Plus all the 3 row of seats offer good lateral as well under thigh support. This I feel is a critical feature, especially on long drives. From what I have read, even the ride quality is pretty good. All this combined with the 5 year service/ warranty pack and approx 4.5 lakh ex showroom price differential vis a vis the competition, make it a compelling contender.
Old 26th October 2018, 10:06   #36
BHPian

I dont think there is anything wrong with this car especially at the price it is being offered ! The power figures seem to be in the ballpark of the previous gen Fortuner-Endeavour. Looking at the current prices in Hyderabad atleast, there is a difference of approx 5 lakh in the 4X2 AT variant, which is a decent amount of money. If we factor in the service package included, it should be undercutting the Fortuner by about 6 lakhs. Which sounds about right , with the MU-X being decidedly last gen compared to the current Fortuner-Endeavour twins.
Attached Images

Last edited by coldice4u : 26th October 2018 at 10:08.
Old 26th October 2018, 12:40   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
I wish they’d updated the interiors, at least a little. The interiors look exactly the same as the pre-facelifted MU-X which in turn looks exactly like the V-Cross. China got such an updated and beautiful interior but sadly for India, they (Isuzu) decided to stick to the old dash design. Attaching pics of the China Facelift Interiors and India Pre-Facelift interiors. Dad was planning to upgrade from our Innova to the facelift but the price, the bland interiors (no offense meant to existing owners) makes me want to suggest the Fortuner to him.
Not purchasing a vehicle until it ‘suits and fits’ your requirements is the right way to make the manufacturers stop giving us old, outdated crap thinking it will fly in India.

They can stick adamantly to their old designs, we should stick adamantly with our money and requirements.
k_ajay is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks