Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2006, 13:55   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: pune
Posts: 2,089
Thanked: 64 Times
Default

This many times also depends on dealer/service center.

e.g. I checked with Ashwamegh for RVM/cluster panel for audio, they were not available. But, I just walked in Jay-Vijay one day and everything was there.

Last time I got frustrated with Ashwamegh was, when I asked them to fit fog lamps and rear spoiler. I got OEM fog lamps fitted (nicely), but spoiler was not available in stock. I was surprised since spoiler definitely not a very uncommon accessory. I haven't checked with them again, but I'll give it a try soon.
RX135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 22:52   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
maxbhp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: C C K
Posts: 1,372
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnugs View Post
Hi,

I own a 2001 Fiat Siena 1.7TD ELPS. The car has done about 100000 KM. Till about 80,000 KMs, the car was absolutely trouble free, but after that it has been costing a fortune for me to maintain. I have spent more than a lakh in the last 20,000 KMS (in 2 years) to keep the car up and running. I had been runing the car initially in Coimbatore but for the last two years I m using it in Bangalore.
I am driving a 2000Jan ELX PS 1.7TD , It has run around 115000 so far and its service bill is like .70 Rs/km approximately excluding tyres and batteries. And believe me the car is so great am never going to sell it . Am not a hardcore Fiat fan but I find my car quite reliable .
maxbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 16:17   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,717
Thanked: 426 Times
Default

I haven't had any problems so far with getting spares : fast and non-fast moving ones. In September, I got the Fiat logo in the front grille and both the 16V and 100 stickers on the fenders of my S10 changed. This month I changed the right side front head lights due to water leakage inside. All the times Anuroop at Goregaon have been well stocked with the spares.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 19:29   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 15
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Spares availability for FIAT cars

Hi,

A friend of mine is planning to buy a Palio. He is concerned about the availability of spares. Does anyone here uses a Palio or other older Fiat vehicles? Is it difficult to get original spares? If yes, are other options available in the market?
raghulsudheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 21:07   #20
BHPian
 
vipul_singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: BLR / Lucknow
Posts: 444
Thanked: 299 Times
Default Re: Spares availability for FIAT cars

Spares are still available at FASS, but you need to pay in advance and wait.

A whole host of parts are available at 99rpm.com. I use them regularly to get parts.
vipul_singh is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 21:18   #21
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 15
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Spares availability for FIAT cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipul_singh View Post
Spares are still available at FASS, but you need to pay in advance and wait.

A whole host of parts are available at 99rpm.com. I use them regularly to get parts.
Thanks much for the quick revert! I shall update on our plans soon!
raghulsudheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2018, 23:29   #22
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,690
Thanked: 5,602 Times
Default Re: Spares availability for FIAT cars

I had contact names saved with me for Fiat spares. These were in vogue till about three-four years back. I am not sure if they still stock spares.

(1) Name: Mr. VijaySheth
Mobile: +919833606750
Address: 50/2 Modi Chambers, Near Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
EMail: kavaauto@yahoo.com
Landline: 022 - 23827562, 23853131, 28073272

(2) Bhartiya Automobiles
Shop No E-3, C.S.T. Road
Behind Kurla Bus Depot
Mumbai - 400 070
9867070419 / 9987118401 / 26508530
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2018, 00:44   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Virar(Near Mumbai)
Posts: 79
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
I had contact names saved with me for Fiat spares. These were in vogue till about three-four years back. I am not sure if they still stock spares.

(1) Name: Mr. VijaySheth
Mobile: +919833606750
Address: 50/2 Modi Chambers, Near Kennedy Bridge, Opera House, Charni Road, Mumbai - 400004
EMail: kavaauto@yahoo.com
Landline: 022 - 23827562, 23853131, 28073272
Yes he used to have the spares for Fiat. A couple of years back I had purchased plug wires and central locking relay for Palio 1.6 from him. He must still be keeping parts for Fiat. He has customers from other states also.
HydroFuel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2018, 11:24   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 691
Thanked: 1,283 Times
Default

Was facing issue of spare part availability at FIAT moti Nagar, Delhi. Went for service in April 2018 and wanted to get power window electronic module replaced. As expected the spare part want available. They said will call when part is available, but were taking it lightly it seemed (I might be wrong), as the focus of dealership is on Jeep and its customers. Also they told the spare part was for ₹8k - I was shocked to hear and later searched on net and Team BHP. Learnt that part for Active variant with front power windows should cost around ₹4k.

I emailed FIAT and received a call the very same day. Followed by call from dealership. I explained then again that the part is for active variant with front front windows only and should not cost ₹8k odd, but only ₹4k odd. Finally they understood.

Got it changed today, 01 June for ₹4456 + ₹ 354 labour
jessie007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2018, 12:47   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ernakulam
Posts: 15
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: Spares availability for FIAT cars

Glad to hear about the response from FIAT. And yes, nowadays many of the FIAT dealership focus on Jeep alone and there is hardly any promotion for the FIAT cars. Sales numbers are not promising at all. I hope things turn around someday for FIAT.

Yours truly,
A Forever FIAT Fan



Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Was facing issue of spare part availability at FIAT moti Nagar, Delhi. Went for service in April 2018 and wanted to get power window electronic module replaced. As expected the spare part want available. They said will call when part is available, but were taking it lightly it seemed (I might be wrong), as the focus of dealership is on Jeep and its customers. Also they told the spare part was for ₹8k - I was shocked to hear and later searched on net and Team BHP. Learnt that part for Active variant with front power windows should cost around ₹4k.

I emailed FIAT and received a call the very same day. Followed by call from dealership. I explained then again that the part is for active variant with front front windows only and should not cost ₹8k odd, but only ₹4k odd. Finally they understood.

Got it changed today, 01 June for ₹4456 + ₹ 354 labour
raghulsudheesh is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fiat increasing spare part availability in all its dealerships mints21 The Indian Car Scene 33 12th April 2014 18:39
Availability of Spares by Indian and Foreign Car/Bike/Scooter Makers?? anjan_c2007 Vintage Cars & Classics in India 7 17th November 2009 17:12
Is FIAT Charging Exhorbitant Rates for Spares? And Tata for service/labour charges? gemithomas The Indian Car Scene 34 18th November 2008 12:49
Genuine Spares Availability in open market gd1418 Technical Stuff 0 31st August 2007 11:26


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:57.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks