Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2018, 12:31   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford doesn't have an EcoSport for Team-BHP; Can we please borrow yours?

Good on you GTO to call out Ford publicly and back it up with the community. Amazing work by BHPians, 2 cars in less than an hour (including a brand new unit) is just phenomenal!!

EcoSport/ most Ford cars strike more to mind than heart and it is these in-depth reviews and word of mouth by real enthusiasts that give EcoSport the respect it gets today. It's a real shame that Ford is running away from it despite having an upper hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead666 View Post
As someone mentioned,may be Ford India is more interested in a video review rather than a printed one.Reason:It grabs more eyeballs.
If that was the case, Ford should've said that instead of refusing a vehicle altogether. This is clearly alienation of TBHP for reasons best known to Ford India's board.
Nonstop-driver is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:37   #47
Senior - BHPian

While I understand the sentiment, I think we are being harsh on Ford for choosing their preferred communication media, and this I think is a trap that we might get into.

Its fair that if an organization doesnt want to engage a particular mode of communication. It is their call completely. We should look at it objectively and accept the rejection. Respect is always mutual and such an aggressive attack on a organization for something which they had a choice for, is not justified. We as a forum can source a car and do our review (which we will do). But there is nothing which mandates Ford to provide us a car, legally or morally.
2000rpm is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:38   #48
BHPian

Yesterday I received a survey email from Ford asking me to review my recent Tit+ AT purchase. I would have completed it yesterday itself if I had found time. Don't know if it is the work of fate. May be it was meant to deal with the survey after I stumbled on this thread. I will definitely include this threads link in my comments. I have nothing negative to report about the car as such. Its a fantastic car for that price and the automatic is smooth as silk. But the attitude of marketing and media people at Ford is disgusting and reeks of filthy arrogance. I am going to let them know of my displeasure. I know there isn't going to be an impact but every drop counts.

Last edited by strawhat : 9th August 2018 at 12:40.
strawhat is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:43   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
But there is nothing which mandates Ford to provide us a car, legally or morally.
Absolutely. But then:

1. Why dodge the request? Why always give us excuses? Just tell me straight up that you won't give us a car and I'll source it from elsewhere. Will save all of us the trouble of following up for 3 months.

2. Don't invite us to media drives as we very honestly cannot do a review based on them. At least not for 99% of the cars.

3. If this is indeed, the case, what exactly has changed? Why were Ford cars willing sent to us for reviewing until May 2018? What changed between May & August?
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:56   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
How can you NOT have media cars available in Mumbai, where a majority of the automotive media is based?
Have the other automotive media companies been given media cars by Ford?
Epic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:56   #51
Team-BHP Support

Who controls Ford India? Is there a South Asian/Asian HQ or the center is at US itself? Are they made aware of this? Are they made aware that Ford didn't/couldn't answer about the missing chassis components?
Sheel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 12:56   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
While I understand the sentiment, I think we are being harsh on Ford for choosing their preferred communication media, and this I think is a trap that we might get into.

Its fair that if an organization doesnt want to engage a particular mode of communication.
You sound like you have insider information that they chose to DODGE the request for a TD car because they are interested only in Video reviews. Can you share some more info on when FORD confirmed this?

Also, if you see other portals, they have all types of reviews, not just Video one. But then that might be because most of these reviews are up and running within a few hours of media drives and they are not interested in in-depth reviews.

My only worry is that FORD is going to be SILENT on this as that seems to be their new strategy. We might make noise for a few days/week and accept this as the new norm and move on.
RaghuVis is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:00   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic View Post
Have the other automotive media companies been given media cars by Ford?
I have no clue because:

1. Just did a quick google search and everyone else seems to have published their reviews back in May itself. So am not sure if they'd even want the media car again.

2. It is only Team-BHP that needs the car in home city for a full review. Most people write their reviews within 24 hours of driving it. We take longer than that .
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:12   #54
BANNED

I wrote an e-mail to someone holding a high seat in Ford India and here is the response I got over the e-mail and yes, they were really quick - quick enough to respond within half an hour.

Quote:
The absence of EcoBoost powered EcoSport in our Mumbai press fleet has been the sole reason of not been able to help/ support, like all previous occasions. As you would see, no other media as well has reviewed the product in isolation and largely stuck to reporting from the Chennai drive.

At our end, we remain steadfastly committed to helping each and every credible voice like Team-BHP bring honest, unbiased reviews. We are happy to support the team with a Test Drive car from the dealership, albeit for a limited period of max 1 day given the test drive fleets are not meant for media reviews.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th August 2018 at 13:23. Reason: Removing [FONT] tags. Thanks.
VKumar is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:14   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
'Why does Team BHP, not make it a rule to buy all cars off the market (especially the consumer segment), for reviewing, rather than depending on the manufacturers?"
If funding is a constraint, then I'm sure there are many of us, who won't object to paying a yearly subscription fee, for the increased transparency and neutrality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Question is, where will GTO park them?
On further thoughts, if Team BHP were to procure the cars directly for Reviews, I'm sure the forum's community might itself buy off the test mules at a minimal depreciation - after all any Team BHP review is essentially a grounds up, and bone marrow deep assessment of the test vehicle - what better yardstick for quality and subsequent confidence?
Solves GTO's potential parking woes as well!
roy_libran is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:15   #56
BANNED

I feel the reason could be the Endeavour Chassis thread. I personally felt, many Bhpians acted like a mob (with no face) to defame Ford. It's not that other manufacturers are not resorting to cost cutting, but the way Ford was singled out and waylaid, many Ford owners felt bad(me included), but we couldn't do anything to stop the carnage (mob cannot be controlled).

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2018 at 13:30. Reason: Please keep your comments civil, real & objective. Don't make baseless assumptions on Mods or DBHPians
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:16   #57
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Whatever the actual reason for us not getting a car, Ford needn't sweat.

WE ARE THE CAR OWNERS who buy your cars & pay your bills.
Quote:
A SECOND EcoSport S has become available for us in North India
What TBHP did in 60 minutes, Ford could not do in 90 days. If this does not seed the boffins at Ford a message, I don't know what will.

I have only 1 question GTO, why did you wait 3 months to put up this request?

Last edited by navin : 9th August 2018 at 13:17.
navin is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:22   #58
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
I wrote an e-mail to someone holding a high seat in Ford India and here is the response I got over the e-mail and yes, they were really quick - quick enough to respond within half an hour.
Clearly, this person holding the high seat is getting the wrong information from his team lower down.

While our first choice had been the EcoBoost, we have been okay with the TDCi diesel too. In fact, there are WhatsApp messages with the Ford team on this too (that give us the diesel) which I'd rather not share right now, but will if it comes to that.

Furthermore, this option in your post of getting a car for 1 day had not been offered to us even once in the 3 months of followups. The communication has ended with a curt reply that's shared in the opening post.

Quote:
Am amazed they have replied back to you in 30 minutes, but my call & WhatsApp message to the Ford team dated 2nd August are yet not replied to. ONE WEEK UP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I have only 1 question GTO, why did you wait 3 months to put up this request?
Patience & courtesy.

Last edited by GTO : 9th August 2018 at 13:31.
GTO is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:23   #59
BHPian

My friends have 1.5 dragon Mt and another one has a diesel S . Both of them are ready to spare their cars . We are based out of Hyderabad
anumod is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 9th August 2018, 13:27   #60
BHPian

This is quite an odd occurrence. I have a friend who has purchased a brand new EcoSport (not sure about the variant though). I'm happy that Team-BHP finally got a car; will wait for the review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashutosh View Post
Dear TEAM-BHP, maybe they are now more interested in video viewership s than the text kind. As it has more eyeballs than the traditional and more imaginative medium.

Show them the numbers there too!

PS- the YouTube vloggers are now the new favourites for PR teams, worldwide

I've been thinking about the idea mentioned by @Ashutosh too, for a long time. Videos will only be a compliment to the written reviews and making the videos is a fun job, IMHO. Nothing beats the community discussion though.
typlo is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks