Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 20:12   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The most useless features in cars

I think we went a bit off-topic with the electric seats discussion. Let me come back to the main topic of "most useless features".

Actually I find almost all the features in my car quite useful. I love many of these features and appreciate the engineering and the attention to detail that went in designing some of the these features. Not that I use every feature all the time, but I would certainly not call it useless. It may be needed at some crucial time and that time it is great to have that feature. A least used feature is not necessarily useless.

In fact, I had to think hard to find a feature that I would call useless. And after a lot of thinking,I finally found one - the CD player. I just realized (while thinking about the features) that my car has a CD player and I have never used it even once! That is one feature I would certainly call useless, and I do not see any real possibility of me using that anytime in future.

Last edited by Dr.AD : 24th September 2021 at 20:14.
Dr.AD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 21:09   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
To me, the most useless feature is fully sealed LED headlight units. Many of the vehicles fitted with LED headlight has inadequate vision specially during rains and when there is on coming traffic. The owners have no option to upgrade the headlights. If it was halogen/projectors, at least we can upgrade to a better rate bulb or HID.
I agree. Having a normal projector opens up lot of opportunities such as LED, HID etc. Bulb replacement is easy and cheap too. Sealed led units are costly to replace as well, and non upgradable.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 01:40   #228
BHPian

The most useless feature IMO is sunroof. We in the tropics have ample light coming in and given our dusty conditions, we do not need an extra window over the head. In one of my vehicles with panoramic sunroof, I enjoyed the big glass on the roof for about a week and since then I operate just to keep it fit and running. I would prefer a vehicle without a sunroof if given a choice today but since top end variant of the most vehicles are equipped with them as standard, got to accept it unwillingly.
Mach_1590 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 09:02   #229
BHPian

Few I can think of:

1. Ticket holder
2. Semi automated park assist
3. Integrated navigation in age of Google maps
4. AM radio
5. Rear fog lamps
6. Puddle lamps on ORVM

Most Viewed