Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 11:17   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm shocked they think they can still keep hiking Innova prices. Its already so expensive!.
Pardon my ignorance ! When there are certain German cars (Audi, BMW, etc ) and Skoda, Volvo etc that has almost same features and quality (I may be wrong here, but honestly need clarification in quantitative terms)but prices are exorbitantly high as compared to Toyota cars, We just call them as "Luxury cars" and justify ourselves with those prices.

But, when it comes to Toyota car, we keep mentioning that prices are already very high and we say "Price hike does not justify" etc.

Why is this ? Can some one explain.
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:22   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Pardon my ignorance ! When there are certain German cars (Audi, BMW, etc ) and Skoda, Volvo etc that has almost same features and quality (I may be wrong here, but honestly need clarification in quantitative terms)but prices are exorbitantly high as compared to Toyota cars, We just call them as "Luxury cars" and justify ourselves with those prices.

But, when it comes to Toyota car, we keep mentioning that prices are already very high and we say "Price hike does not justify" etc.

I can't speak for others but:

1. I do call German car prices high as well when I see that's the case (big three as well as VW / Skoda). I am sure many others do as well. In this case I made a specific comment on the Innova, not even the Fortuner.

2. Personally, I feel the experience a luxury german car gives on all fronts is substantially different from what an Innova gives. But that is my personal subjective opinion. You may of course feel that they are almost same on features, quality and perhaps on all fronts. I can't argue with that - that is your personal opinion.
Axe77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:40   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I'm shocked they think they can still keep hiking Innova prices. Its already so expensive! .
Well, compared to the Fortuner 4x2, the Innova is a bargain. Plus, I find the current Fortuner's looks a bit comical, and cannot get past the funny height-to-width ratio. So, an Innova both saves money in relation to its jacked up version, AND looks less funny at the same time. For those who do not need the additional GC, it may be a better choice, especially with the 2.7 and 2.8 engines.

However, this is a *personal* opinion (and looks are always a personal opinion). Also the Fortuner 4x4 is a another story altogether.
Old 4th September 2018, 16:20   #19
Senior - BHPian

So this is how the updated 2.4 GX looks inside. Infotainment, steering controls, switch to powerfold the ORVM's all visible. The 2.8 GX should get the cruise control stalks at the right. The head unit looks similar to VX/ZX though I believe will miss out functions such as navigation,voice control,Android Auto/Apple Carplay etc. The GX is now expensive by 40K and you get neat music system, steering control,power folding mirrors and speed sensitive power locks.

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-img20180904wa0008.jpg

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-img20180904wa0009.jpg

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-img20180904wa0010.jpg
PrideRed is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:58   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post

My view on this subject :

German trio was always expensive owing to their exclusivity and perceived quality.

1st gen Innova on the other hand was introduced @ ~ 9.5 L and with hikes almost every year and no big difference in the vehicle, it crossed ~16L. Only major change I remember was the addition of inter cooler.

Now with 2nd gen Innova i.e., Crysta, the top variant comes to around ~27 L ! Yes, it has a bigger engine but 3x the original cost ?

With such high volumes and value engineering activities ( for ex., sheet metals thickness was reduced in some areas) the price shouldn't increase 3x.

Just for comparison : Honda City which was similar price point is now @ 1.5x the former price. With lot of feature enhancements of course.

IMO, it's because of this 3x price increase from the initial price there is an opinion that Innova Crysta is overpriced now.
vaasscit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 17:03   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
So this is how the updated 2.4 GX looks inside...

Any pictures of the rear fog lamp(s)? In other markets where Crysta is sold, one of the reverse lights is converted into a fog lamp. Is TKM doing the same here or are they converting the bumper mounted reflectors into rear fog lamps?
Old 4th September 2018, 17:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Surprisingly the Fortuner still does not get a sunroof. One of the major negatives for the Fortuner, as compared to the Endeavour in the same segment, is lack of sunroof.
I'm not a great fan of the sunroof but I think it is the need of the hour with many customers wanting this feature. Some of the cheaper cars get the sunroof but the Fortuner still lacks it. Since its not affecting the number of sales for Toyota, I think they may never consider it.
Old 4th September 2018, 17:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaasscit View Post
My view on this subject :

Now with 2nd gen Innova i.e., Crysta, the top variant comes to around ~27 L ! Yes, it has a bigger engine but 3x the original cost ?

With such high volumes and value engineering activities ( for ex., sheet metals thickness was reduced in some areas) the price shouldn't increase 3x.

Just for comparison : Honda City which was similar price point is now @ 1.5x the former price. With lot of feature enhancements of course.

IMO, it's because of this 3x price increase from the initial price there is an opinion that Innova Crysta is overpriced now.
Innova always competed against D segment sedans w.r.to price and even now its holds true. The base model Corolla/Octavia costs about 20-22lac and so does Innova. The comparison to previous gen is incorrect. There was no Z variant back then and neither there was auto tranny. Back then there was no XUV/Lodgy/Hexa etc. These cars are the primary reason why you feel Innova is overpriced.

Back in 2007 G4 Innova used to cost 10lacs and the current GX costs about 19lacs(1.9 time costlier) . During same time period, base version of City used to cost around 7-7.5 for petrol and costs 11(1.5 times costlier) now. While the dimensions/mechanical of City have remained pretty much same, the Innova has seen much more changes.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 23:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Surprisingly the Fortuner still does not get a sunroof.
Forget about sunroof, 4x2 MT Fortuner does not get VSC & BA

https://www.toyotabharat.com/showroom/fortuner/
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-fort.jpg  

LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2018, 10:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Forget about sunroof, 4x2 MT Fortuner does not get VSC & BA
Not having VSC is possible, but BA I doubt.The cheaper Innova gets BA in all the variants. This might be a data entry error.
Old 3rd October 2018, 16:29   #26
BHPian

Updated Toyota Innova Crysta with added features have started rolling into dealerships. A few pics attached.

Cheers
Uday

Source : https://indianautosblog.com/2018/10/...eatures-314709
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-2018toyotainnovacrystagbasemodeld413.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-2018toyotainnovacrystagbasemodelinteriorda6544.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-2018toyotainnovacrystagbasemodelinteriorto5423.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner & Innova to get more features-2018toyotainnovacrystagbasemodelmultifunct430e.jpg  

uday.ere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 14:35   #27
BHPian

How did they manage to omit auto dimming rear view mirrors? They added it to the Fortuner (strange it was missing in a 40 lakh vehicle) but still not on the Innova top end? Am I missing something or are they saving it for the late 2019/2020 facelift? (https://www.google.co.in/amp/s/www.i...ift-28827/amp/ )
Old 12th August 2019, 14:07   #28
BHPian

Note to moderator: I didn't find related thread for this news, please move it to appropriate thread if required.

Toyota seek to counter mistakes of gas pedal for brake
The new function is designed to prevent vehicles from quickly accelerating when the driver presses the gas pedal too firmly, the report said.

Quote:
Toyota Motor Corp. plans to introduce a safety function as early as this year to help prevent accidents caused by drivers slamming the accelerator instead of the brake by mistake, the Yomiuri newspaper reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
Quote:
Toyota will likely first focus on installing the new function on hybrid vehicles popular among senior citizens, if requested by car owners, the Yomiuri said.
source
truezealous is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks