Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2007, 15:34   #61
Team-BHP Support

@Kool_Kid : Just goes to show how monopoly can result in the customer as the loser.
Old 21st March 2007, 16:03   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Just spoke to MUL Dealer today ... MARUTI has increased the price of VDI by 5,000 .I have booked my car on 16 Feb 2007 and am still waiting for it.I feel like a fool who was lured and then cheated.... i really wish that we had more options .... in terms of Getz Crdi and Logan ... Then may be the MUL would be forced to stop short changing the customer..
I read in an article that max. increase was around 1k.
Old 21st March 2007, 16:24   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

I too recall reading somewhere that the maximum hike is about 1K. Increase of 5K is exorbitant and usually car hikes do not happen to that extent.
Old 21st March 2007, 16:27   #64
BHPian

it would have been a news if it was 5k that too for a 5 lakh vehicle
Old 22nd March 2007, 12:58   #65
BHPian

Sad But True ...

Yes you all are right all new papers had report at very marginal increase max 1000, but Maruti has indeed increased the price , which is indicated at their web site also ...

Maruti Swift - Prices

I think they just conveniently forgot this detail while giving in the newsupdate, as it will generate lots of negative publicity. Now most of dealers are giving a booking period of 1-2 months & there is so less delivery being given that this price increase almost got unnoticed ...

Please let me know if you guys have any idea about launch dates of Logan or Getz Crdi .... i have a feeling that just before any new launch of these car maruti will release whole of the stock they are holding..
Old 22nd March 2007, 13:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kool_Kid View Post
Yes you all are right all new papers had report at very marginal increase max 1000, but Maruti has indeed increased the price , which is indicated at their web site also ...

Maruti Swift - Prices

I think they just conveniently forgot this detail while giving in the newsupdate, as it will generate lots of negative publicity. Now most of dealers are giving a booking period of 1-2 months & there is so less delivery being given that this price increase almost got unnoticed ...

Please let me know if you guys have any idea about launch dates of Logan or Getz Crdi .... i have a feeling that just before any new launch of these car maruti will release whole of the stock they are holding..
Astonishing, cheap tactics by maruti.
You are absolutely right. Infact the price increase in Chandigarh is steep, its around 8000/-
Old 22nd March 2007, 16:23   #67
Senior - BHPian

kool kid i totally agree with you. MUL is playing a cheap tactics. i got a call from them saying there is no problem with ABS kits but there is huge waiting period. After my booking the car, the price has increased around Rs. 10,000, i dont know what to do, feel like kicking MUL and buying another car, there total careless attitude and monoply wont lead them anywhere.
Old 22nd March 2007, 17:56   #68
Senior - BHPian

Indeed its sad..

Maruti has an advantage since so far we have not seen any new diesel entry in that price range..thats why they are taking people for a ride...

I think once logan is launched(looks like there will be only petrol version now...my wild guess ...thats why maruti went ahead with price hike since they are sure that people dont have any other choice)

and Getz crdi, palio crdi...it will take some time before they enter..

so as of now, its take it or leave it attitude..
Old 26th March 2007, 00:46   #69
BHPian

Although Maruti leads in customer satisfaction with their full page ads beaming out loud, but at the same time even Maruti tries to take advantage of its monopoly. Monopoly really shuns me away from these companies. Even if it is Honda / Sony or any body else.

By increasing Swift Diesel prices, they have only increased the turn around time by which diesel starts to make sense.

See my other post here -

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post397850

At this time, It's Hyundai which is doling out sweet discounts and good schemes. However even there is a new Santro round the corner. So this one's values are also going down and then the new Santro will also cost much higher.

It's just the product life cycles.... Plain old business.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:51   #70
BHPian

Honda hikes car prices by up to Rs 5,000

With the central sales tax holiday enjoyed by it in Uttar Pradesh coming to an end, Honda Siel Cars India has hiked the price across different models by upto Rs 5,000.

Post the price hike, the company's popular mid-sized sedan "City" will be costlier by Rs 2,000 while the other model "Civic" will be dearer by Rs 3,000.

The company's premium luxury car "Accord" will see the highest hike of Rs 5,000, a company official said.

The company had been given a 4 per cent central sales tax exemption since its inception linked to its investment at its plant Greater Noida.

The company has absorbed most of the increase in the prices of vehicles, following the expiry of the tax holiday.

Honda hikes car prices by up to Rs 5,000-India Business-NEWS-The Times of India
Old 25th April 2007, 17:55   #71
BHPian

I just heard that Maruti has announced a price cut in their cars. The company has now reduced the prices of their cars by up to Rs. 5000
Old 19th June 2007, 10:09   #72
BHPian

Hyundai India likely to hike car prices next month

Market sources suggest that Hyundai India is considering raising the prices of their cars sometime this month.

The price hike could be applied on most of their models including the recently launched Hyundai Verna.

Hyundai Getz Prime and Santro could also see a minor price hike next month. Sources suggest that Verna is almost sure to get a price hike though the extent of the hike is not yet decided.

Interestingly, Verna is struggling to compete against the Ford’s Fiesta model and faces new competition from the recently launched Maruti Suzuki SX4.

The company has not commented on these reports in the market. Hyundai did say that they have now identified ITI Guwahati for providing full assistance in training students under its corporate social responsibility program.

Hyundai India likely to hike car prices next month

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks