Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2018, 10:58   #16
BHPian

Re: Hrithik Roshan is the brand ambassador for Tata Tigor facelift

Apologies for going off topic but believe this is still better compared to what a star like Aamir Khan is endorsing now a days!! It’s nothing less than a Datsun!! Yes the same vehicle that was rated zero in the NCAP crash tests and wanted Datsun India to recall the product unless the structural integrity was relooked at!!

I just do not understand why can’t we Indians just get over with the concept of idolising each and everything!! Why can’t we just treat a actor who is just an individual who is doing his/her job?? Why do these companies thrust the concept of stars and associate them with petty things when everyone knows in reality that these guys will never use the the product they endorse (though there could some exceptions).

Does TATA think Hrithik is a bigger name than the badge ‘TATA’?? Understand using a model to add some glamour to the products but this concept of brand ambassador is far too stretched in the Indian context! And, how many of these brand ambassadors have been truthful before and after signing the contract papers??

Last edited by vinair : 14th October 2018 at 11:00.
Old 14th October 2018, 11:59   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinair View Post
Apologies for going off topic but believe this is still better compared to what a star like Aamir Khan is endorsing now a days!! It’s nothing less than a Datsun!! Yes the same vehicle that was rated zero in the NCAP crash tests and wanted Datsun India to recall the product unless the structural integrity was relooked at!!
Firstly, the new go twins feature better safety, though unverified by any crash test.

Secondly, such associations are temporary. My understanding is both these actors have important movies slated for release. From the manufacturers point of view, now is the time these actors will be more visible and in return better visibility for the brand/products. Similarly for the actors more screen time , hoarding space, paper ads etc. I'll not be surprised if these associations are barter in nature.

And keeping personal prejudices aside, these actors have tremendous following and such moves will take the brand to the non automotive layperson.
Old 17th October 2018, 10:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiaztec View Post
Just one of those illogical brand represetations. Why call them 'Brand Ambassador' when they themselves don't use it? These guys are mere models, acting in the ad films. I recollect several of such ads; Saif in Chevy Aveo, Anil Kapoor in Renault Pulse, Ranbir Kapoor in Nissan Micra, Kareena in Jaguar, Amitabh in TVS Jupiter, Force motors and Maruti Versa.
In this case he is a car ambassador. I don't think he represents the brand. Add to it, his stardom has taken a hit in the past couple of years. This is money down the drain according to me. The TIGOR needed an everyday man to connect with the mass. It is after all a mass market car. They needed Nawazuddin. TATA has to step away from the standard stars and look towards shifting perspectives of the viewers. Imagine a Gaitonde in full get up selling the car. May be tie up with sacred games 2 ( which is in trouble ). TATA has to look towards the NETFILX generation. Cricketers and stars don't cut it anymore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks