Team-BHP - Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20464-hyundai-sonata-diesel-14-75-lacs-3.html)

Luxury car market is sure hotting up ... Sonata Crdi is a strong contender but i somehow feel its priced a lil higher .. since the petrol is priced at 12.45 lacs(x showroom ,delhi) , Crdi should 've been under 14 lacs .. but never the less lets see how market reacts to it ...

I dont think Hyundai 'll cut the market share of Skoda laura ,cos most of us donot want to shell out 16 lacs for a Hyundai and not to forget Skoda india 'll soon be coming out with the Laura elegance and that 'll be priced not more than 14.5 lacs ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 354647)
ishan is right on that note. Hotels, he five star ones that is atleast in Mumbai all have fleets of Camrys. Is the Embera a CKD or CBU? If the Embera is 14.75 lakhs and is a CBU, with EPCG benefits, the price will be lower.

The Embera is not a CBU import but a CKD so no Discounts on the EPCG schemes to hotels and travel houses. [:OT I also enquired from Skoda if the Laura and the Superb were CBUs ( I could've sworn that they were..at least they advertised re the Superb as a cbu)which they replied in the negative..so why in the Blazes are they so deraly priced...especially the Laura?? and the price of the superb has'nt dropped after it became a ckd...D-UH Skoda India??!!]

As regards the Embera, the owner of phoenix Hyundai is a friend of mine and just 3 days ago I was at his dealership test driving a verna crdi (very very disappointing) when he informed me that the diesel Emberra will be out next month with a price tag of 1.0 to 1.5 over the existing version and no they will not offer an automatic as inthe petrol

The Superb intially came in as CBU, they started its CKD production last year i beilve but suprisingly the price did not fall much, about a lakh or so. But you do save almost 50% on the RTO tax after it because CKD.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsk1979 (Post 354830)
Compared to Embera the Octavia is a small car with much lesser room inside. Infact, indica is more spacious than the octavia!
Now finally there is a diesel D segmenter which has enought space for tall people to sit comfortably at the back seat without needing the front ones to keep their feet on the dash.
And the engine is definately a gem. At 142BHP it will do a verna in the D segment space in terms of performance.

The optra diesel wil also have near 120 bhp, right???

If that is launched on schedule... If i had the money, i'd only go for the Optra (Know its also korean basically), but still has more status than Hyundai badge...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 354469)
Which Skoda is 120bhp?

i guess he was comparing the laura @ 19l with 104bhp with the sonata @ 14l with 142(typo here) bhp....

Had gone for a test drive of the Sonata Embera but the test drive car was not registered.

Avg expected is 13-14.

Here is a pic

Am feeling something fishy about those rear wheels...

My eyes playing tricks on me??? Or is the rear wheel making a very bad angle to the road???

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 356948)
Am feeling something fishy about those rear wheels...

My eyes playing tricks on me??? Or is the rear wheel making a very bad angle to the road???

Yes, the car seems to have a negative camber, unless it is a parallax error.

guys, its just a bad camera angle. you can clearly make out the image is a little distorted making it seem odd.

even the santro rear right tyre seems odd...

Hey Guys, the car is perfectly normal, i took the pic while in motion so i guess it has come that way.

Hi all! this is a VGT Engine! yes, and this is the engine that comes with the Tucsons in EU now.

The astonishing part is... This engine, being more powerful than the current indian tucson engine "113bhp current", gives out MORE MILEAGE and MORE POWER!

People in EU are very very happy with this engine, and are really relishing it! so all u guys here thinking how this is going to perform, its a marvelous engine!

well verna is 110 and i guess sonata is 140 so how much will elantra be?

Hyundai Sonata named Diesel of the Year
Friday, 5 January 2007, 12:42 pm
Press Release: Hyundai
5 January 2007

Hyundai Sonata named Diesel of the Year

New Zealand motoring writer of the year Dave Moore has named the Hyundai Sonata his diesel car of the year.

Hailing 2006 as the Year of the Diesel, he predicts the South Korean sedan will be so popular in 2007 it will be in short supply.

"I can see every self-respecting cab owner wanting one of these," wrote Christchurch-based Moore, whose views appear in The Press, Dominion-Post and a range of other publications.

"If you're a private motorist, get into one quickly as I think the smooth operating Sonata's supply is going to be outstripped by demand during 2007.

"Its 2.0L turbo diesel engine at 103 kW is right on the money, while its 304 Nm of torque make it a cracker in all driving conditions.

"Even if it wasn't more economical (by a long chalk) I'd still opt for it over its 2.4-litre petrol four-cylinder and 3.3-litre V6 counterparts.

"Well done Hyundai, the Sonata is my diesel car of the year."

Moore lauds New Zealand's new-found recognition of diesel engines.

"Since this time last year, the list of companies furnishing cars with diesel engines has grown like topsy," he wrote.

"Unless you're hoppled by unreasonable brand loyalty or a lazy, price-only oriented fleet manager, there's little to stop you from driving up the road to diesel power."

Hyundai, a leader in diesel technology and one of the first to give New Zealanders multiple diesel options in its range, confirms it will continue to add to its diesel fleet this year.

"The Elantra will have a diesel model later this year, joining the Sonata, Accent and Getz in our car range," said the General Manager Operations of Hyundai Automotive NZ, Howard Spencer.

"Plus our entire SUV fleet of Tucson, Santa Fe and Terracan has the diesel option and it's a very popular choice among New Zealand owners."

guys watch star news TOP SPEED they are showing sonata diesel