Team-BHP - Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai Sonata Diesel @ 14.75 lacs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/20464-hyundai-sonata-diesel-14-75-lacs.html)

Read all about it HERE

Its a 2.0 litre CRDI , 142 BHP @ 4000 RPM with torque of 33 kgm/2000~2680 RPM with a 6 speed manual !!! Check it out - Hyundai Sonata Diesel

Thats good news for sure! 2007 is year for Diesel Lovers.

Thats why I picked up Petrol Innova before Toyota stop its production :)

Ravi.

That's a great price. Need to know more about the car's performance and efficiency.

Thought its tempting news but i still don't have a good feeling about it selling like hot cakes.. but time will tell

great price and all...but will people leave the mighty skoda and go in for a sonata diesel...i dont think so...

142 hp, 33 kgm torgue and a 6 speed manual sounds quite interesting...I think our tuners could extract much more out of it.

Price should have been more tempting though...

This is one car, I've bin waiting for anxiously. Embera is already nice.. PLUS Diesel, 142 BHP, 6 speed manual .. Cool. Korean or not, Hyundai sure knows where to hit the market ,,, Lets see the specs when its out ..

I read somewhere that from 2008 Hyundai does not want to be recognized as a manufacturer of low cost cars and therefore will up prices of all its models starting in Europe; this to sidestep the even lower cost Chinese autos expected to debut then. Slightly off-topic but then Indian buyers might want to consider good Hyundais like this Embera diesel much before 2008 itself.

it should sell pretty well in the south.. finally an alternative to the skodas..

What will be the cost of the new Elantra that will be out soon if Sonata is priced at 14+ and with verna at 8+OTR...

Dont know if the octavia would have much of a problem ,but definitely something for the laura to watch out for.

Yep, some competetion finally to Skoda diesels! Good luck, Sonata!

The only thing I dislike about the Sonata is the road presence.. Especially considering we are paying 15+ lakhs.. The older Sonata was somewhat more appealing to me with its jaguar-ish looks!!

That's it. I support Hyundai in this venture to pull the NEW OCTAVIA (some calls it Laura) down to where it belongs.

It will sell like hot cakes I think.

Quote:

Its a 2.0 litre CRDI , 142 BHP @ 4000 RPM with torque of 33 kgm/2000~2680 RPM with a 6 speed manual !!!
For a second, I thought we are talking about the C220....those stats are so similar. Fabulous Hyundai! This should show the Laura of the type of power that D-Segmenters deserve.

The Sonata looks pretty decent, is cheap to maintain and now has a fabulous diesel. I think the price at 14.5 is pretty competitive, and makes it the only spacious diesel-D segmenter.

They will scoop the upmarket taxi segment for sure and put the accord/camry out of business over there

As for the Skoda.....so is it 120 bhp for 14 lakhs or 104 bhp for 19 lakhs... no brainer