Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2019, 20:28   #61
BHPian

Re: The Comprehensive Guide to Automatic Cars (2019 edition)

Great thread! Such detailed info and that price comparison with 2015 price level just proves how unnecessarily expensive cars have become without much addition of features. Must be one of the reasons why the industry is going through a slump and the companies just refuse to accept it and try to drive our attention to everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

With the current level of congestion in and around the cities, I am surprised that why everyone living / driving around those area is NOT buying an automatic car, citing reasons like 'fun to drive' (what fun can one derive driving in choc-a-bloc traffic during office hours?) & 'fuel efficiency' (swapping 100s of gear changes & clutching, for 1 kmpl less FE is a fair trade IMO). Also, you save your left knee from wearing out.
While I admit automatics are of great help to elderly people, people with back problems and someone who stayed abroad and got accustomed to it like you sir but believe me, there is a different feel altogether driving a MT. It feels more connected. Let alone engine braking and stuff which can be done in some ATs these days but the overall mechanical feeling of MT outruns the trouble of driving it in bumper to bumper traffic for me. Think about revving an engine till you like without a computer interfering and upshifting for you. I have nothing against ATs, but if things don't change drastically, my next car will still be a MT. Ofcourse with more and more electric cars making inroads, it's not long when MTs will be available in museums only but till then I'll try to enjoy them as much as I can.
Old 20th October 2019, 08:04   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post

Confused...
What page are you looking at? This is the correct link: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/new-vento.html

The DSG models in both petrol and diesel are the automatics.
Old 20th October 2019, 20:45   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
What page are you looking at? This is the correct link: https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/models/new-vento.html

The DSG models in both petrol and diesel are the automatics.
The page I saw was linked in my post - it leads on from the page linked in your post when you click on the 'Price' option. https://www.volkswagen.co.in/en/price/vento.html

The page shows 'AT' against the diesels but not against the petrols - reading the brochure, I think both the 1.2L TSIs have ATs while the 1.6L MPIs don't.

Have spotted a couple of other points where I think updates are needed
- The spreadsheet lists a XUV5OO Petrol auto but I can't find one on the brochure
- The Ford Figo is listed with DCT autobox but that should be changed to TC

In any case, what I'm doing is putting together the cars with the price range of auto variants and mapping against the avg monthly volume in the last 6 months till Sep '19.

Initial attempt for sub 4m cars as per attached - the price range (in lakhs) is represented as a bar with the prices of the lowest and highest variants mentioned. The colour os the bar is based on the avg monthly sales (green > 2000, red < 500, orange for the rest), sorted by avg monthly volume

Just how pricy the Venue is is quite evident here, esp as it falls into a much lower tax bracket. Please ignore my notes!
Attached Thumbnails
The Comprehensive Guide to Automatic Cars (2019 edition)-sub4mautos.png  

Old 20th September 2020, 14:47   #64
BHPian

Hi Mods, we have had some exciting automatics launched recently and it would be nice if this thread can be updated to include Kia Sonet, Skoda Rapid, Renault Triber, Hyundai i10, Hyundai Aura, Renault Duster Turbo Petrol, New Honda City, New Hyundai Verna, New VW Polo and Vento, Maruti Scross, XL6 and Brezza, etc. I hope Tata launches some kind of automatic in Altroz as well.
Time_Machine is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks