Team-BHP - Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/209375-scoop-next-gen-land-rover-defender-spotted-testing-india.html)

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-defendercamo_.jpg

Managed to click pictures of the new defender near my office at Whitefield, Bangalore today. The road presence was impressive and looks macho. It was an SWB two-door version.

A quick lookup on parivahan site revealed the vehicle was registered with TCS as LRRR Evoque.

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-defender.jpg

Thanks for sharing, DeClutch 4X4! Moving your post to a new thread.

Does this mean it will get launched in India? I wish it gets launched at a price lower than the Evoque and Discovery Sport. That would be big incentive to start saving :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackPearl (Post 4590239)
Does this mean it will get launched in India? I wish it gets launched at a price lower than the Evoque and Discovery Sport. That would be big incentive to start saving :D

We desperately need vehicles like Defender & Jimny here. How perfect the world would be if they launched it here and price it lower than Discovery sport! Nobody other than hardcore Jeep enthusiasts would buy the overpriced Wrangler. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 4590207)
Thanks for sharing, DeClutch 4X4! Moving your post to a new thread.

Thank you GTO for creating a new thread on the post.

Defender in India is something to look out if it get launched here.

Land Rover has retained the boxy design.
Although the test car is registered as an Evoque, it does not seem like an Evoque because of the shape. So it could be a new generation Defender or something new.

Defender teased on the Indian website. It says "Coming Soon" clap:.

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-defender-india-website.jpg

Link

This will be positioned to target the Jeep Wrangler so expected price should be around 60L ex showroom.

The camo makes it look like the previous generation Discovery. If the design is a good evolution of the original Defender - and not something radically different, at the right price they could have something to celebrate about.

A prototype of the new Land Rover DEFENDER has completed a unique and special testing programme, supporting Tusk’s wildlife managers in real world scenarios with their lion conservation initiatives in Kenya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DA0ko7F7QM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karan561 (Post 4594150)
This will be positioned to target the Jeep Wrangler so expected price should be around 60L ex showroom.

that will be a very competitive price, IMHO. For someone in the market for an Audi Q5/X3, this will be a very interesting left field alternative. Lets see what engines power it. Im hoping for a hood hybrid petrol, in which case, I may consider this one very seriously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RM Motorsports (Post 4599627)
A prototype of the new Land Rover DEFENDER has completed a unique and special testing programme, supporting Tusk’s wildlife managers in real world scenarios with their lion conservation initiatives in Kenya.

Some more pics of the same test mule.
Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-img_20190608_154613.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-img_20190608_154616.jpg

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-img_20190608_154659.jpg

Name:  IMG_20190608_155413.png
Views: 4373
Size:  331.8 KB

(Source: Twitter)

Cheers!

India-bound Land Rover Defender exterior leaked

The side-view of the next-generation India-bound Land Rover Defender has been leaked online. The leaked image shows a digital view of the SUV on its instrument cluster.

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-defender-leak.jpg

The Defender seen here is the 5-door version. It retains the boxy and muscular look of its predecessors and gets a vertical tailgate which is at 90-degrees with the roof. Other design elements include a horizontal shoulder line, flared wheel arches, side air vents, silver 5-spoke alloy wheels and a tailgate-mounted spare wheel. The car comes with a white roof and white C-pillars. The roof also features what appears to be a glass area at the rear.

In May 2019, the 3-door version of the SUV was seen testing in Bangalore. The Defender is also listed on the Land Rover India website.

The vehicle could be powered by a 2.0-litre diesel engine with power being sent to all four wheels. Petrol variants could also be offered. The global unveil of the next-gen Defender is expected to take place later this year.

Source: Autocar

Link to Team-BHP News

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiragM (Post 4609964)
India-bound Land Rover Defender exterior leaked

The side-view of the next-generation India-bound Land Rover Defender has been leaked online. The leaked image shows a digital view of the SUV on its instrument cluster.

Here is a slightly straightened and edited version of the same. Must say I like this Defender. I was afraid they would mess up the boxy-ness. JLR hasn't disappointed me in this aspect!

Scoop! Next-gen Land Rover Defender spotted testing in India-defender.jpg